Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port/Scar moved???

Ok, this might seem weird but... my port and port scar seem to have moved. My scar is just below my bra band and the port was just below the scar. Well, this morning I noticed that my port is now above the scar rather than below it.

I don't feel as if my stomach has shrunk that much... I just had a fill a few weeks ago (still have a bruise as proof!) so what could have caused them to trade places? Should I be worried?

HA! Mine did the same thing. The more you lose the lower things go, including scars. A friend of mine was banded a couple of weeks ago and I commented to the doc that her scars are soooo much higher than mine. He smiled and said mine used to be that high too. ;o)

It's a good thing, consider it a NSV~

You might find that with weight loss others see the difference but you do not. It doesn't seem like we are shrinking as much as we are. In reality, the difference is pretty big. We are the ones doing all the work and we are also the folks that can't see the difference as well as others.

I'll bet you a dollar that is the case here. You don't realize how much you are shrinking.

I have a similar experience. If you go to the "At or Near Goal" forum I started a thread a few months ago entitled, "OMG, How Crazy Am I?" I saw my reflection in a piece of glass and had no clue it was me. Freakiest darn thing I ever experienced. I was shopping with friends and we all walked by a huge plate glass window. I saw the reflection of all of us and picked out one and thought ... If I could just get to THAT size I'd be thrilled. Then I realized... that was me. I was looking at me and had no idea.

It's a weird thing that I think most of us go through.

So it isn't weird, your scars are kinda moving. As you lose belly fat they tend to drop down a bit more than they did at the time of surgery. It's a good thing!

OMG-I have been worried about the same thing, afraid my port had flipped or had somehow come loose. Thanks for the info!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches