Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weird ain't it??!!

So it's lunchtime and I hit the cafeteria and get an "entree portion" of mac and cheese. The chef piles the mac and cheese high and made sure to put a lot of the top crusty part on my plate. YUMMYYYY!!

Sit down to eat, get about three spoonfuls in and I'm like ughhhh!! Can't eat anymore:blink:.

It's so weird that a month ago I would have wolfed down that plate, and added chips and dessert to it.

Well ding dang y'all I do believe this thing is workin!!:tongue:

DH and I stopped at a Mexican restaurant last night on our drive home from Georgia. We ordered nachos to share; that's it, no entree. Ate about 1/3 of them between the two of us. We're done.

Pre-band, that would have been the appetizer before the meal, which we would have finished.

I've turned into a really big tipper percentage-wise, because I feel guilty about ordering so little when we go out. Plus, I feel like I have to pay for the take home box we need every time.

We can eat mac and cheese? ??????? WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I just figured that was totally off the menu because it's pasta.. I'll have to give that a small try.

It is kind of neat isn't it. The special in our cafeteria was tortellini on Monday. When I ordered mine I told him I only wanted about 1/2 cup (the usual serving is about 2 cups plus extra sauce and cheese) he looked at me like I was nuts. The cashier wouldn't even charge me for the special because I got so little. This is going to be fun!

Crystal,

I'm about 5 days further out then you but my doc said that I could slowly start trying things after two weeks. Mac and cheese is soft and I smushed it up into oblivion and then chewed and chewed, not healthy by any stretch of the imagination, but sometimes ya just gotta cave:blush:

soft cooked Pasta is on my list of things I can have. I have been eyeing the mac and cheese but have held off because they don't have a lot of Protein compared to the calories. I will probably cave and give myself a treat. They have this Italian Herb Marinara flavor that sound tempting. I'm trying to be strong because Mac and Cheese is one of my trigger foods that makes me want to eat more and more. I'm trying to stick to low fat, high protein foods.