Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does restriction feel like a golf ball?

I feel this pressure in my throat like there's a walnut sitting in there or something (after eating). Is this what restriction feels like? I thought the band was lower and around the top of my stomach. This feels like it's inside my esophagus...any imput would be appreciated! Thanks!

No restriction should not feel like that. Did you eat something and get it stuck?

Restriction allows solid food to sit in your pouch and that's helps to keep you feeling full longer.

Restriction reduces the size of the stoma, so food going in must be small bites, chewed well or it could get stuck.

Did you eat a lot and your pouch is over full?

I get the same feeling around 6:00 every day. I'm trying to figure out if it is in my head or if it is really happening. What does restricition feel like? Is it a feeling or just a lack of hunger?

Mine feels more like a tightness ( not painful just tight) sort of in the area between my breasts.

As I eat and the pouch fills up, I get a feeling like I have to take a deep breath before I can take more bites, that's when I know I'm almost done (if not definitely done). A feeling of being not very hungry is also there for a couple hours after a meal. The lenght of time I feel full varies from time to time and sometimes depends on what my meal was.

Now sometimes even with this feeling of being full ( not right after eating) but a while after, I can get a craving for something, but If I ask myself if I'm hungry, I really don't think I am, so i don't have anything to eat. If I do think I really am hungry, I will have a bottle of Water first and then decide.

Before being banded, I wouldn't even ask the question, am I really hungry, the food was already chewed and going down. LOL.

When I get the golf ball feeling (I like that imagery!) it feels like when you take a big pill and it gets stuck. Even though the band is on your stomach...when food gets stuck it does feel like something is stuck in your throat. It happens to me when I eat too fast or don't chew well enough. Just don't eat anything once you get that feeling b/c something is probably stuck. Try drinking a little to wash it through.

Mine is really more like a tightness in my chest too. But I get it even when I haven't eaten anything. It is the most noticable around 5-6 in the evening before I eat dinner. I'm not sure if I'm really feeling this or if I'm making it up. Do other bandsters get this feeling? I don't think it's related to me being filled enough or not.:confused2:

I get that feeling too. I dont know what it is either. I started to get that feeling about a week after surgery. as a matter of fact I have that feeling right now. I did call the doctors office and they told me to make sure you take small sips of liquid and small bites of your food. They also told me that the feeling could last for weeks. I still get nervous about it though.