Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov. Nymphs "Spring into Weight Loss" Challenge Week #4

No problem Shortgal. Sometimes we read posts quickly and can miss things. I still wish I could have lost more but better losing than gaining I say!! :tea:

Name...................Start..........Current..........Goal ......To Go

Momto1plus1.........228.8............228.4............218 .8.......9.6

Trixie....................241..............224.5............221....... ...3.5

Osangriared...........262..............255...............250.......... 5

wnt2lose...............226..............219...............216......... .3

TxArcher...............345..............337...............325......... 12

Shortgal................188..............185...............182........ ..3

Sades...................201..............197...............190........ ..7

Shalee04...............205..............200...............197......... 3

Mariegabrieleee.......252..............249...............240.......... 9

Longhorn...............204..............196...............195......... .1

Hollyberries............278..............270...............274..........4

I have been floating about 2-3lbs this week. It is an up and down roller coaster ride. I really need to start doing something with exercise but I have been so busy with the store that I don't even have to time for me. I hoping the next few weeks will bring some slow down. However, I must say that I am very pleased with my weight loss thus far. I can't complain at 80lbs since 10/22/07. I am shooting for 100lbs. by May 31st.

I really need new clothes but I don't want to buy anything until I hit that 100lb mark. However, my pants are not staying up anymore. I might have to suck it up and get something. One good thing is I can now buy clothes at Walmart.< /p>

Keep up the good work everyone! November Nymphs are Awesome!

Cindy

Cindy, your weight loss has been incredible! I think opening the new store is probably enough exercise for you right now!

Cindy, your weight loss has been incredible! I think opening the new store is probably enough exercise for you right now!

Thanks Shortgal! I appreciate the kudos. I can always rely on a response from you. You are the November Nymphs den mother. You are always lifting us up. We appreciate it.

Hey, I have noticed the weight is moving for you. You should be very proud of yourself. You are going to look just fab for the wedding. You better take lots of pictures. Do you have any ideas for the "Dress"?

Cindy

80 lbs Cindy, wow :unsure: ... you're putting me to shame! :tea: The plan for me is to be at least another 10-20 lbs lighter for my birthday which is at the end of April. I will be getting another fill in a couple of weeks so it's doable. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Cindy!

No real ideas about the dress, except it better have sleeves, my arms are already starting to hang and "swing". Dancing with "batwings" flying might not look so good!! I wish I could dream up what I want to wear, but I think it's going to more like wearing what I find that fits me.

I'm more focused on what size I'll be because petite sizes for "fancy" occassions are harder to come by, but will fit me much better. Petites are also cut smaller and generally are only available up to size 14. At my height, I figure I need to be as close to 150 as possible.

I'm so disappointed, the dressmaker I used for my daughters wedding moved out of state. She would have made me something and she was always a "finish it last minute" person, so it would have fit any late additional weight loss.

Oh well, I'm sure it will all work out. I think I just panic about it becasue buying clothes was always so stressful for me before. Those old thoughts don't go away easily.

I have a fill now that I like. Finally! Hopefully, that will keep the weight loss at the same rate as first few months, that's what I need to reach dress goal!

80 lbs Cindy, wow :unsure: ... you're putting me to shame! :tea: The plan for me is to be at least another 10-20 lbs lighter for my birthday which is at the end of April. I will be getting another fill in a couple of weeks so it's doable. Keep up the good work.

Sades, We have a lot in common beside our height! I have mapped out goal weights to reach for the end of each month to reach my mother of the groom dress goal.

I need to be at least 173 by end of April and 165 by end of May. However, we are going to France end of April, uh oh, a little worried about drinking too much wine and very worried about croissants! At least I know we'll be doing a lot of walking. when we went to Italy, I was worried b/c we were eating a lot of Pasta, but we walked all day long (every little town was at the top of a hill) and I didn't gain any weight. Fingers crossed, that I can enjoy a little and be ok when I get home. Not having a scale there, will also freak me out!!

Hope there's another challenge after this one to keep us on track. Spring to Memorial Day???? I guess that's an American holiday tho'.

I'm finally happy with my fill, how about you?

Hollyberries............278..............270...............274........ ..4

BandChick64...........241..............232...............230...........2

3rd Fill was on Monday and it was just what I needed to get the scales moving again. Being on liquids for 3 days sure helped!! Great job to everyone!! :tea:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I haven't been able to post as much lately because of the new store opening. Lots of headaches and just plain sheer exhaustion have been my daily plate for the last month or so. I am glad to see everyone doing so well. We cannot complain because we keep losing. We do have a great family here.

TXArcher! Man you are doing a great job too! You are going to be so light on your feet during Spring Turkey Season that I am sure that you will be eating turkey for a year. Keep up the great work.

Oh Yeah! I dropped that pound that I though I gained last week. I hate this yo-yo up and down everyday thing. It makes it really hard to post your true weight loss. Oy!

Cindy

Shortgal, my main goal is to lose at least 20 lbs by June for my niece's 21st birthday party but would like to get some off before my birthday.

I travelled through the USA & Mexico in 2006 for 7 weeks and because of all the walking, etc I didn't put any weight on so hopefully you should be okay on your holiday.

My restriction is still not the best... I'm at 7cc. I'm planning to go for more soon and I'm hoping to get 1cc... depends on what the doc says. Glad to hear you have some. How much fill do you have now?

Sades:

Supposedly, I have 7.25 cc's. Had 7 cc before this last fill and she put something between .2 and .3 cc's this time.

However, when she withdrew first to check for leaks, she said it shows 6.2, but also explained how some saline stays in the tubing etc.

But technically they put in 7.2 total. I had expected to ask for .5 cc's, but the day before I went, I felt tighter and satisfied after my dinner which was grilled steak and shrimp over salad. I didn't want to be overtight, so we decided that half the .5 might be best.

I am just getting back to regular food and find most things are going down ok (which I want) and I am feeling more satisfied between meals.

There is still head hunger, I see food, think I want it, but find I can think about it and decide I'm ok without it.

I don't want to be so tight that good food doesn't go down. I want to be able to go out to dinner or to someone's house and not worry that it will all come up or not go down.

I have my next appt on March 20th. I think I'll probably get the other half of the .5 we decided not to put in this time.

At this point a meal of 5 oz of Protein and some veggies fills me. More than some say they can eat, but I think my head hunger would get to me, if I ate 4 or 5 small bites ( 2or 3 oz) of meat.

I think 5 oz is reasonable. I eat 3/4 c of Cereal, if I eat b'fast.

My biggest problem remains lack of exercise. I will walk, as soon as weather breaks here, so much snow and rain, lately.

My end of June goal weight is 157.

I get stuck sometimes but can't believe how much I can still eat. I went to lunch on Friday and ordered chilli prawn Pasta (yum) and was able to eat the whole lot... didn't even feel stuffed. It wasn't a really big serve but I should have been full halfway through. I'm thinking I hope I haven't stretched my pouch but my doc didn't seem concerned that I could still eat so much last time. He said that I still had plenty of room to fill. I'll see what he says next round.

Hollyberries............278..............270...............274........ ..4

BandChick64...........241..............232...............230.......... .2

I get stuck sometimes but can't believe how much I can still eat. I went to lunch on Friday and ordered chilli prawn Pasta (yum) and was able to eat the whole lot...

Wow, am so envious:drool:, I love Pasta my Doctor say no pasta for six months.

Marie-Gabrielle

I eat Pasta if it's in a frozen dinner, like lean cuisine, becasue the whole meal is calorie controlled anyway.

I am not having trouble getting stuck. I do have to slow down to eat and I can still eat an apple with the skin, but it takes me at least 20 mins to eat it. I can still eat chicken, shrimp, haven't tried beef since last fill, but it was fine before that.

I had four shrimp, a salmon cake and a small salad for dinner. I am definitely still full 1.75 hours later. I seem to be more full after dinner than after b'fast, but b'fast was Cereal, ( high Protein Kashi) so maybe it's just the softer texture of cereal that doesn't keep me full as long.

I guess I'm just still trying to figure things out now that I do have some restriction. But I'm eating more than 1/2 c of food. I'm ok with that. My calories are around 1000 to 1200 per day.