Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat if you hate to cook?

I notice quite a few people hate to cook and ask what to eat. I'm included in that bunch. Can we get some ideas of good food that doesn't need much preparation. My favoritea are:

low fat string cheese

fat free cottage cheese

individual fruit cups with no added sugar

tuna and salmon mixed with a little light mayo

I would love deviled eggs but they need making :thumbdown:

I dont know if you would even consider this....it does involve some preparation but is so easy. Ziploc makes these nifty little bags called Zip'n Steam. All you have to do is throw your ingredients in the bag and pop it in the microwave. You can use chicken or fish or shrimp which you can buy in single serving sizes then take some vegetable and either cut them up or buy them already cut up, toss everything in the bag with some seasonings cook it up in the microwave. SO EASY! Believe it or not these are really tasty!! I was very skeptical but my hubby insisted on trying them. We have done salmon with peppers a bit of garlic powder, oregeno, olive oil, red wine vinegar, cook it for 5 minutes. Delish! Super easy clean up too.

For quick lunches I tend to eat alot of deli meat. I either smear a small amount of cream cheese on it and roll it up or eat it with some kind of low fat cheese (rolled up of course). Canned tuna, salmon, crab or chicken with lowfat mayo celery and onion.

I do love to cook, so this is all I am coming up with right now for the quick and easy things. I usually cook at least 1 meal a day for my family and pick out the Protein and veggies for myself. :thumbdown: good luck

I try to make a large batch of chicken cutlets once a week. Then I have them on hand, in the fridge, all week long, and they only need to be heated. Each week I try a new preparation, and each day of the week, I grab a cutlet for a quick meal. Plain, chopped up w/ mayo., thrown on a salad, w/ some salsa, etc.

I agree with the veggie steamer bags for a microwave. I HATE cooking and I'm no good at it. These things are fast, easy, and idiot proof. I put veggies in there with sesame oil, soy sauce, pepper and nuke it.

I haven't tried meat in there since I eat so little meat anymore.

I love tuna salad, veggie salads, Chinese chicken salad, ... those are my favs.

I see that I am tending to eat alot of Cereal and eggs. Im going to get some of those steamer bags soon and maybe I will start to batch cook my chicken. Thatll save me from cleaning the kitchen grill daily. Nice! Good ideas CityGirl and Mamato!

I'm another non-cooker. Deli meat or leftovers (thank you DH!!) are my mainstays, with Protein Bars for Breakfast and canned chili frequently for lunch or dinner. It's important to read labels carefully when buying prepared foods, but if you have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods near you there will be a much better selection of wholesome, healthy, well-labeled ready-to-eat varieties.

A little off topic, but Alexandra, what is DH? I've noticed it in several posts. I have gathered it means husband, but how is that an abbreviation for husband? I am new to the lapband lingo. I just now figured out PB (that productive burping, right?)

I agree with the veggie steamer bags for a microwave. I HATE cooking and I'm no good at it. These things are fast, easy, and idiot proof. I put veggies in there with sesame oil, soy sauce, pepper and nuke it.

I haven't tried meat in there since I eat so little meat anymore.

I love tuna salad, veggie salads, Chinese chicken salad, ... those are my favs.

WASa, how do you make chinese chicken salad? It sounds great and I would love the recipe, thanks.

I like to cook.. But here's some easy things I found..

Canned turkey (which is nummy, high Protein, low cal) mixed with a small spoon of cranberry sauce..stir. Refrigerates & reheats well even with the sauce in it.

Canned chicken (same as above) mixed with little mayo & relish, s&p.

Canned ham (same as above) mixed with a little bit of applesauce (this one does not reheat well).

Canned tuna mixed with a little mayo, relish & S&P.

Boil some eggs beginning of the week, keep them in the fridge. For lunch, moosh one up with mayo, relish, S&P.. and I top it with paprika.

Cream cheese (they make flavored ones with herbs that would be great for this), room temp, spread it on a rectangle of ham (deli kind), roll it up with a green onion in the middle, or just use the herbed flavored cheese. Cut into bite size pieces.. I bring this for potlucks and everyone loves it.

And if you like cottage cheese, they make these new fruit & cottage cheese packs. Comes with a little container of fruit to go in the cheese.

And DH is dear husband!

WASa, how do you make chinese chicken salad? It sounds great and I would love the recipe, thanks.

I do it the LAZY way!

Romaine lettuce hearts, cooked chicken breast, I like to add cheese cubes but that's not true CCS, and Girards brand Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing. OMG, great stuff! It comes in the grocery store in a glass triangle bottle. They have several brands, one looks like it's the right stuff and it's not. This one actually has the words, "Chinese Chicken salad Dressing" on the label. The other says "Oriental" or something like that. That's not the stuff.

Sometimes I add this stuff called "Just Garlic" to it as well. It's like bacon bits but it's dried garlic. You get dragon breath but it's great! I order that on line.

I also buy manderine (sp?) oranges in the individual serving cups, dump the liquid and add the oranges sometimes. You can get those hard crunchy oriental noodles if you wish.

Hope that helps. I'm into fast and easy. If it isn't fast and idiot proof, I don't do it. ;o)

Another good one is to get your lettuce of choice, put some tuna salad on one side of the lettuce and Cesar dressing on the other side. Add some onions and parmesan cheese... good stuff.

I've learned to be the salad queen! I love salads of all kinds, tuna, chicken, veggie, lettuce, anything. Love 'em!

I do it the LAZY way!

Romaine lettuce hearts, cooked chicken breast, I like to add cheese cubes but that's not true CCS, and Girards brand Chinese chicken salad Dressing. OMG, great stuff! It comes in the grocery store in a glass triangle bottle. They have several brands, one looks like it's the right stuff and it's not. This one actually has the words, "Chinese Chicken salad Dressing" on the label. The other says "Oriental" or something like that. That's not the stuff.

Sometimes I add this stuff called "Just Garlic" to it as well. It's like bacon bits but it's dried garlic. You get dragon breath but it's great! I order that on line.

I also buy manderine (sp?) oranges in the individual serving cups, dump the liquid and add the oranges sometimes. You can get those hard crunchy oriental noodles if you wish.

Hope that helps. I'm into fast and easy. If it isn't fast and idiot proof, I don't do it. ;o)

Another good one is to get your lettuce of choice, put some tuna salad on one side of the lettuce and Cesar dressing on the other side. Add some onions and parmesan cheese... good stuff.

I've learned to be the salad queen! I love salads of all kinds, tuna, chicken, veggie, lettuce, anything. Love 'em!

Thank you WASa! That sounds sooooo good. Definitely gonna try the salad dressing!