Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready to give up..not much weight loss

I am sick of going to get fills and still not seeing any results! I have totally changed my eating habits and still nothing. I went to see my Endo and told him I think I am not loosing weight bc of the Freaking INSULIN and he keeps telling me that is not the case! So, he checked my thyroid and everything else, turns out there is nothing wrong with me. SO, I made him put me on Glucophage no generics to see how things go now. I still have to take insuling Humalog and Lantus but I am not taking as much now and I am doubling up on my Glucophage so that I can myself wing me off the insulin!

I was banded 10/22/07 and have lost only 15lbs, that is a DAMN SHAME!

I am going to go see a dietician to see if she can help me make some menus that will help control my glucose and at the same time help me loose weight with my band! I feel like a total dum ass and I really am starting to regret having the lap band especially since I cannot eat so many foods now and it really isn't paying off! Please help me, give me suggestions on menus and you know what if you know a doctor that gives fills with insurance on any patients let me know because I am not to happy with these .5 fills Dr. Ferrari keeps giving me! I want at least 1cc dam it! :frown::thumbup::angry_smile::w00t:

First of all... *big hug*

I'm sorry you are having such a rough go of this. I do not have any restriction yet and am only a month and a half out but just wanted to give you a big ol' hug and tell you to hang in there - there are some very informative and supportive people on LBT and I hope they stop into give you the wise words of encouragement that you need.

I will ask though - do you find that you have restriction right now? Are you exercising? Drinking a lot of Water? I know these are all questions that the more seasoned bansters would ask so I thought I would throw them out there..

Hang in there!

.5? My first fill was 4.5 and I'm going back for another next Friday. Sounds like you do need a new doctor!

Suzanne G.- It sounds like you have a 10cc band. Some people have a 4cc band and small fills are routine for most docs. I have reached goal and never had more than 1.2cc in my band. So fill level is very individual.

Allamess- I know you are frustrated, but one should generally expect a 1-2 pound weight loss per week and it seems that you are still within that category. Search the board for the "slow-losers". They may have some good suggestions and support for you. I also agree with others that you should continue to log calories, drink plenty of Water and exercise. I am glad you are meeting with a dietician to get suggestions. I am not a diabetic not a doctor, but please be careful adjusting your own insulin and Glucophage doses. This is a marathon, not a sprint. You will get there! The goal is HEALTH. Best of HEALTH to you!

Are you tracking calories AND Protein? Are you following band rules of Protein first, veggies second and no drinking for one hour?

Can you log everything you eat including quantities for one week and bring it to the dietician?

I'm sure it is harder to lose weight when your diabetic, It might take you longer than most, but isn't losing 15 pounds better than where you'd be without the band.

I have approx 7 cc's in my 10 cc band and had six fills to get there. Still need a little more maybe .5cc. I've gotten 2 cc first fill and then 1cc each fill after.

You may want to track your food in a food journal like fitday.com. It really helped me, especially in the beginning, to get an understanding of what I was eating.

Also, are you exercising regularly? I know if I don't exercise, I just don't lose, no matter what I eat or don't eat. Exercise is the key.