Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gas Pain In My Left Shoulder!! :[

Did anyone have terrible gas pain in their left shoulder?? :thumbup:

I have tried everything, and it just keeps coming back.

Any suggestions?? How long does it take to just GO AWAY??!!

I've been banded for one week today.

Thanx for any advice!!

Yes they blow your stomach up w/ C2o to see what they are doing laporscopically... they remove as much as they can but.... a day or so post op it is horrible and Dr. did say it tends to settle in the upper left side of body. My sam experience Gas X does not work because it is not intestinal it is from the surgery walk a lot it should be gone in 5 to 7 days sorry this too shall pass!:thumbup:

I've only been banded 3 days but the last 2 have been awful with those gas pains. I do feel it's getting better the more I walk though.. Hope you feel better soon.

I have found that one of those wheat pads that heats up in the microwave really works to get rid of the pain. You can also buy sticky Patches here (UK) that you can apply to your shoulder and they stay warm for 8 hours. Both of these have helped me.

Maalox, Maalox, Maalox... and gas x, gas x, gas x...

I am on 3 weeks post-op and I still have to make sure and remember to take these.

Other then taking life too fast and needing to slow down I just get major tummy pains, mostly around the port site (that's normal) and I really have not eaten or drank much for the last week (which is really not good). So I am taking a step back from everything and "trying" to relax.

But the gas pain is normal; liquid Maalox (not sure if it comes in any other form) needs to be refrigerated and the gas x comes in a chewable and a strip (like a breath mint would).

Good luck,

Loup

P.S. Remember to take it easy and move around when you feel you can as that will help moved the gas out of your system also! One thing I regret is not taking it easy as I did forget that two weeks is not that long.

Thanx for the advice, everyone!!

I've been using the Gas X Strips, walking around, and using my "deercorn" heating pad that I warm up in the microwave.

From what some people have told me, I think it just takes time!

It's getting a little better with each day that goes by.

JaxBandster: Yes, I did have a hiatal hernia repair. My surgeon said it was bigger than what he thought once he "got in there". He had to repair it first before he could do my lap band.

Thanx for the advice, everyone!!

I've been using the Gas X Strips, walking around, and using my "deercorn" heating pad that I warm up in the microwave.

From what some people have told me, I think it just takes time!

It's getting a little better with each day that goes by.

JaxBandster: Yes, I did have a hiatal hernia repair. My surgeon said it was bigger than what he thought once he "got in there". He had to repair it first before he could do my lap band.

That is more than likely the cause of the pain in your left shoulder. Probably not gas pain. Gas pain should be gone in a few days to a week. I also had a large hiatal hernia and my doctor told me to expect this. I am four weeks post op and still having pain in my left shoulder. It is sporadic. I sometimes get it when I'm hungry or when I've eaten too much. Sometimes it will hurt when I've done too much. Mine was a large repair as well. Do you have intense discomfort when you burp? I have been having a lot of trouble with that, it's been pretty severe. I'm really glad not to have acid reflux at night anymore, but I'm really getting tired of this pain. On a positive not I was down two pounds today after being on a length plateau so that helped to make it worth it.

JaxBandster:

It's good to know that the hernia repair might be the reason for my left shoulder pain. Yes, it's uncomfortable when I burp (chest pain).

I'm so glad not to have acid reflux anymore. It was getting worse and worse before my surgery...

Congrats on getting past that plateau!! :)

Thanks Melinda! I'm down another two pounds today!

I think my pain is very slowly but surely getting better. It's not quite as bad as it used to be (both the shoulder pain and the burping pain) but it's still there enough to be annoying. It will be nice whenever I get back to the point of feeling completely normal again.

That scale going down sure helps take my mind off of it though!

Did you get a fill today? I think I saw on another thread that today is fill day for you!

I get my first one on 3/26.

E-mail me and let me know how you did!

Angie, my doctor said that my pain would return from time to time especially if I over ate. I have notice that. Unfortunately you haven't moved to real food yet so that can't be the cause of it. I would recommend liquid tylenol or liquid ibuprofen (I take four ozs of children's motrin) and a heating pad.

Hugs