Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting in the game

I am really getting psyched up for surgery. I have completed my psychological exam and the 3 hour pre-op class; I still need the gallbladder scan, a group support meeting and the individual nutritionist meeting. I have completed my homework for the nutritionist of completing menus for a day in each of the 3 phases after surgery. That was much more difficult than I expected, I had to go to the store and look on the labels. The 2nd, 3rd were fairly simple, but phase 4 for the rest of my life was much more difficult. I do have some food allergies and that makes more of a challenge since I cannot eat egg, dairy, including cheese and no peanut products. I think I have it figured out. I think this process with the menus will be most helpful, at least I have had to think about it before I get there.

I have Cigna Insurance and they require 6 months Doctor supervised diet, I am hoping that the program I enrolled in last summer will be ok, it was a program called “Loose it for Good” that a physicians group sponsored. My insurance did pay for it and it was coded for weight loss, however, I only went for 4 months, I had been to my regular physician for 3 months prior to that for phentramine. I hated that drug, it made me feel so mean!

I hope all of you are doing well and I am so excited about this process, I looked at some "little" dresses Yesterday....I hope by next summer I can fit into some of them! I am certainly going to try my hardest! I was told not to loose too much weight until I am approved, but I want to diet so badly, Oh! I cannot believe I just said that, but I want to get started and get this weight off... because I feel certain that with the band I will be able to keep it off! That is what is most important to me about the whole thing! To be able to get it off and with the band and a change in lifestyle....keep it off for good!

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I am making progress toward being banded. I hope to have everything ready for insurance on Wed. I will have the gallbaldder then. I have done both of the informational meetings, the one-one-one nutritionist session, phycological evaluation, sleep evaluation, group support meeting, pap, mamogram, I have completed 5 months in a doctor supervised program and 3 months with my general doc when she gave me phentramine. I pray that is enough!:D I have a BMI of 41 and have sleep apnea, osteoarthitis in the knees, gerd and asthma. Surely I will get approved!

I finally toldy my Boyfriend about this and I was shocked that he was so supportive. I expceted him to be a problem.:) His only concern was he wants to loose weight too.:) I told him I was afraid to tell him in case he only liked "fat girls" :) Silly me. :wub: Maybe I have found a good one for a change.

Have any of you seen the programs on The TLC channel with Paul McKenna?

I am going to give the things he talked about a try. It seems like it can go hand in Hand with the band.

Hi you all. Great to read this thread - you'all are thinking my same thoughts. I enjoy your posts, IndioGirl, because they set my mind to what will be coming and what to expect.

I'm being banded April 9. It's starting to feel real! I just hope and pray that it's the tool that is going to help me FINALLY get to a normal weight and lifestyle after all these years. I've been on a low cal, low fat diet for 4 months and lost about 40 pounds, and have already seen changes in my life...I feel SO much better, am already cutting down on my diabetes meds and my cholesterol meds. BP is great! Saw my doc recently and he's really confident I will get off ALL my meds very shortly w/ continued weight loss!!! Yippe!!

I look forward to continuing this journey with all of you!

I am so looking forward to this surgery and so ready to get rid of the weight. I actually gained 15 lbs to get my BMI over 40 for Insurance... I am kinda ashamed of that :thumbup: but it serves me right, now I can't take the weight off. :w00t: I hope to get my approval soon and may have to do the extra 6 months. I hope I don't but if I do... anyway. Good luck to those of you who are being banded soon. And Indio girl, you are quiet an instiration. I hope i do half as good as you, I am tring to get thing together so I will be ready and as soon as I get the ok from the nurse I hope to begin a pre-op diet. I notice that many loose significaitly before surgery. i will gladly diet if I know I won't gain it back so easily. My body resist loosing any of itself. I think my fat cells have minds of their own:confused2:

I am so hopeful now after reading the post here and getting all the good advice and suggestions. I thank all of you!

Cathy

What the 50+ gang told me when I first got here was the band was only a tool - they told me that I would have to do the work - but with the band the work was eaiser than not having it - I knew going into this that it was not the magic cure to my issues with food (you would not beleive how many ppl here think that it is - that with the band they will loose all desire to eat) thats not true - it does help curb your hunger - but our hunger is mostly in our brains. Also, we are going thru major freakin surgery - this is our last chance and alot of work goes into to getting banded..

Just know that we are here for you - keep us posted ..

I was a self pay but it was the best money I have ever spent.

I never thought I would ever see a size 12 again. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and can't believe it's me.

I really don't have much of a skin problem at all. My arms are the only place that really bother me. That and my turkey neck.

I was a self pay but it was the best money I have ever spent.

I never thought I would ever see a size 12 again. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and can't believe it's me.

I really don't have much of a skin problem at all. My arms are the only place that really bother me. That and my turkey neck.

Denise

OMG you and I are really alike - Yesterday I tried on 2 size 12 dresses - and I just could not beleive that that was my body in the mirror - I looked like a skinny chick!!! My tummy isn't too bad either - It's the arms that are the worst - I could have 4 inches taken off each and would then have little arms.. I think I may look into that surgery - My neck has a little gobbler thing but it's little not a major concern yet..

Do you ever worry that this is all too good to be true? I hear about people having to have their bands removed and I freak out. I swear, if

I ever have to have mine removed, I am going to have a different surgery.

The gastric sleeve is where they just make your stomach smaller. I would probably do that if anything happened to my band.

Do you ever worry that this is all too good to be true? I hear about people having to have their bands removed and I freak out. I swear, if

I ever have to have mine removed, I am going to have a different surgery.

The gastric sleeve is where they just make your stomach smaller. I would probably do that if anything happened to my band.

Oh ya - I agree 100% - I really can't beleive this whole weight loss thing -I think I am going to wake up and it's all a dream

I am also very afarid of maintence - but what I am going to do is weigh in weekly just like i do now - but I will not ever let myself gain 5 lbs - without losing them immediately

You know the rote - 5 lbs up one week - oh no biggie my clothes still fit then 2 months later another 5 - brush those off too and before you know it you are back up there again - so I have a 5 lbs rule (which will be the MAX amount)

I am with you - if I had to have my band removed I would do the sleeve too. I know WASA is/was considering it at one time cuz of her band & tummy and some spasma. I haven't talked with her in a while - Did she ever get her TT??