Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prayers needed

enjoylife:

I completey understand what you are going through. It is very hard to go at this alone or with very little help. I am glad that you found my thread because now I can return the favor to you. I will mark you on my calendar for the 24th, and I will keep you in my prayers. On the day of my surgery it helped me to know I had support from those that responded to this thread. I was so nervous in the pre-op room on Friday that I was actually in tears. I am very emotional anyway but I kept thinking:" what am I doing to myself." Well I was reassured by people on this forum that things would be ok, and they were right. The band is very safe and the risks are minimal. You will do fine. I have a 6 year old and he was very helpful to me these past 2 days after surgery. Your 5 year old will be the same,I'm sure, and you will recover very quickly like I am. I am feeling better by the hour...it's great! My prayers are with you....take care.

Good Morning! I have just read your posts and feeling a little less anxious...surgery scheduled for april 7th...what seemed like a distant goal is now looming large on my horizon. appreciate prayer and encouraging replies about how you prepared for the 'big day'...who you told, etc..... thanks!!!

I just read your post today. I hope all went well with your surgery! Surgery can be a scary thing but trust that God will keep you safe. He led me to this journey and he will lead me through it, just as he will you. Best of luck to you!

Hazel eyes, Why does only your husband know? I do not want to tell anyone for fear of failure but because I am involved with a free health clinic I did share it with a few doctors and nurses to get there suggestions so I will have a bit of a support group and I will ask for prayers from my "family" for stomach surgery. Good luck

Linda,

It was just a personal preference to not tell anyone. I have a a very judgmental family and in-laws so it is best for me to not have to deal with them in regards to this. Of course my PCP referred me for the surgery so he knows. I also told a nurse pract. at my OBGYN's office and she replied with "are you sure you want to do that?" My reply was simply "YES" and I left it at that. Her voice sounded doubtful and so I did not want to discuss it with her. Since then I have told my neighbor who had GB with my surgeon and I know I can count on her for support and to trust her to not tell anyone. It has worked out very good for me, there is no need for anyone else to know about a medical decision that I made to better my health. Best wishes.

Skinny Jeans... Dr. Marsden was my Doc also. I just adore him. I read what some of the other Docs put people through and he was such a blessing to me.

JWood. He is a sweet man. I went for a year checkup last week and he's still funny and takes time to answer my question. He seems to have gotten a lot busier too.

Yeah, he seems to be busy, but his staff always calls me back when I need anything. Even my husband and 17 year old son liked how he took the time to walk him through the lapband proceedure after it was done. He showed them pictures and answered all thier questions too. They really liked him too.

I go in at 7:30am tomorrow, surgery set for 9:30a. I ask that you not only pray fro me, but for my family as well. My DH will be there with me, but my 2 children will be at school, worried. Ask the Lord to give them strength and peace until they get home from school. Oh, and patience for my DH!!! Thank you all and God bless!!

neverb4,

You and you family will be in my prayers. Best of luck tomorrow, you will be fine. Take care and we will see you in band land! :lol: