Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicken Salad Without Mayo.....

Okay, so today I was really craving chicken salad but did not want all the extra fat and calories of mayo. I do not like the taste of light or fat-free mayo, so I came up with another alternative instead.

I took 1 wedge of light laughing cow swiss cheese (only 35 calories), put it in a bowl and microwaved it for about 20 seconds. It has the consistency of mayo when it's nuked!!! I added 1/4 cup canned chicken (packed), 1 tbsp. chopped walnuts, 1 tbsp. sweet pickle relish, a little salt & pepper and mixed it together and voila........a nice little lunch! Of course you could add whatever you like in it. It looks just like you used mayo and it's creamy too!

Next time I think I'm going to try putting in some raisins instead of the sweet pickle relish, yummmm.

Wow, I am so glad you posted that. I have an aversion to mayo - I can't even stand the smell of it. I finally get to try chicken salad! Thanks

Here's what I eat for lunch every day: Buffalo chicken salad.

I take a couple cans of chunk chicken in a bowl, add some Franks Buffalo wing sauce (amazingly low in calories and almost no fat), a little ff ranch dressing and some dill pickle relish. Mix it all up. Then, I take 1/2 cup, put it in a whole wheat wrap, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and voila, LUNCH! It's pretty damn good too.

Here's what I eat for lunch every day: Buffalo chicken salad.

I take a couple cans of chunk chicken in a bowl, add some Franks Buffalo wing sauce (amazingly low in calories and almost no fat), a little ff ranch dressing and some dill pickle relish. Mix it all up. Then, I take 1/2 cup, put it in a whole wheat wrap, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and voila, LUNCH! It's pretty damn good too.

I love that Idea - I add FF Ranch as well and some Grey Poupon, For crunch I add a gala apple (peeled/diced), walnuts, & green onions..

Wow, I am so glad you posted that. I have an aversion to mayo - I can't even stand the smell of it. I finally get to try chicken salad! Thanks

Me too. When I found out what it was made of I got so creeped out I quit eating it. Its greasy and smelly to boot.:drool:

I usually add a fat free salad dressing or dijon mustard to my chicken salad. Oh and lots of black pepper and red onions! There is definitely a party in my tummy then.

Georgia Girl, I will be trying this in the future. It sound awesome!

Laughing cow has 2 other light flavors: garlic herb and french onion

I've had the garlic herb and it's really good! I am going to try the french onion next, sounds yummy! These would probably be good in the chicken salad too, it would add lots of flavor.

georgiagirl, I JUST tried the LC wedgedes to replace the mayo and WOWY ZOWY! This is fantastic! It tastes like full fat mayo and its so light! Thanks so much =] Gonna run to the store for the spinach dip in a bit. Can't wait to try that next!B)

Or you could use chunks of leftover chicken breast (since I can't eat a whole one), pieces of fresh asparagus, a few grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half, feel free to add what rings your chimes, and make a viniagrette out of coarse ground mustard and a little bit of olive oil.

Good idea, I'll have to try that. I always have Laughing Cow wedges in the fridge for Snacks.

My secret weapon is Hellman's Dijionnaise, only 5 calories and tastes great.

For those that love real mayo, the only lower calorie version I've ever tried that tastes OK is Hellman's Canola mayo.

I start with 2 large chicken breasts, fresh off of the baked bird. Cut up the chicken into about 1/2 inch squares.Then put about 1Tbs of mayo w/Olive Oil AND about 2-3 TBS of creamy Grey Poupon Dijon mustard, onion and cracked black pepper and sea salt. It makes about 1.5 cups of wonderful chicken salad.< /p>

If it is still warm, I mix in steamed cauliflower and broccoli mixture after I dice them up. Makes a great meal!

I have an alergy to mayo products. Hives are really annoying lol Bo I have been subing unflavored yougart when I need something in a recipe I love the cheese and I am going to have to try it out Thanks for the tip!

Laughing Cow cheese also makes a great alfredo sauce for chicken or Pasta, just add one Light Garlic and Herb wedge with a little milk and melt in the micro. I like the fact that I can just make one serving at a time.

Edited by Lisa73

Thanks for the tip I will try it this week.