Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in North Florida/Tallahassee Area?

I live in Quincy, FL and will be banded on July 2nd in El Salvador. I would like any info you can share. Where are you going to get your fills?

Hi All,

I am going to Colorado for my surgery September 3. I would love to talk to others in the area about their experiences.

Hi All,

I live in Tallahassee, FL and I'm set to be banded on May 9th at the Obesity Control Center in Mexico. Looking for support groups nearby for people who have been banded or will be soon.

Alana

Tallahassee, FL:rolleyes2:

Alana,

I also live in Tallahassee. How are you doing? I am not banded yet but will be on Sept. 3 in Colorado. I haven't been able to find others in Tallahassee and would love to keep in touch. I need some local support. Where do you get your fills?

Debbie

BethO,

Yeah! Another person in the area. How did your banding go? I have been looking for people in the Tallahassee area and now I found two in one day. Do you know of any local support groups? I hope you are feeling well.

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on May 16th and waiting to get my first fill. Where? No idea yet, but I can't get back to Mexico...

Where do you live? Are you in the Tallahassee area? I saw that there is a fill center USA in Moultrie, GA and thought I might look into that. I don't know anything about them yet though. I am going to try to get my first fill in Colorado, I am getting banded Sept. 3 there but after that I will need to find someplace closer to home. Airfare is ridiculous.

Hi all,

I was banded in March of 2007. I'm originally from Tifton, GA but I'm living in Tallahassee right now for graduate school at FSU. I read your posts about where to get fills. I get my fills done in Albany, GA which is about 2 hours away from Tally. Obviously that a tad bit closer than Colorado and Mexico! haha Anyways, just wanted to give you guys a heads up!

Shelby

Hi all,

I was banded in March of 2007. I'm originally from Tifton, GA but I'm living in Tallahassee right now for graduate school at FSU. I read your posts about where to get fills. I get my fills done in Albany, GA which is about 2 hours away from Tally. Obviously that a tad bit closer than Colorado and Mexico! haha Anyways, just wanted to give you guys a heads up!

Shelby

Shelby,

Thanks so much for your reply. Can you give me the name of the place you go for fills? Also, if I might ask, what do they charge? I called one place in GA and it would cost me more to go there than to go back to Colorado! It's nice to know someone else in in Tallahassee :frown: How often do you need a fill?

The name of the place I go to is the Obesity Treatment Center of Southwest Georgia. It's part of Palmyra Medical Center which is one of the hospitals in Albany. For me, I believe they give you 9 fills a year for free. Over that, it costs although I don't know how much. This may be due to the fact, however, that I had my operation by a doctor from that hospital. I'm not sure how much they would cost (or if they even would cost) to someone who hadn't. That said, here's the number for the place: (229) 434-2024. Feel free to call them and ask for information. They're all really nice there and make you feel comfortable and at home.

As for myself, I usually get banded about every 4-5 weeks. I've gone longer due to time constraints (I use to go to college in Macon, GA so it was hard for me to travel sometimes to Albany) and due to just not needing it sometimes (if I've lost sufficent amount of weight, if I still don't feel hunger, etc...) I've lost 8.5 lbs since moving to Tallahassee like a month ago (seems FL living agrees with me, eh?) bringing the grand total to 50 lbs overall. Slowly but surely getting there!

Also in Tallahassee starting the process

I researched the fill center in Moultrie and am going for my 1st visit this Saturday. I have heard good things about Darlene Zebley. Here's the thing though--she works in Atlanta also and is only available 2 Saturdays each month in Moultrie. How do you schedule that when you don't know how the fill is going to be? After reading the forum threads, I realize many people get fills regularly--every couple of weeks. Moultrie is a 3 hour drive from Jacksonville so i hope i don't have to go often. It was the best solution for the price that i could come up with.

I'm here in Tally, banded 13 months ago, I've lost 88lbs, and I've developed quite a number of theories about banding, particularly as it relates to my own body and experience.

I don't really need support (I'm the over-confident sort) but I would enjoy a chat and could answer any question any newbie has about the process.

I'm here in Tally, banded 13 months ago, I've lost 88lbs, and I've developed quite a number of theories about banding, particularly as it relates to my own body and experience.

I don't really need support (I'm the over-confident sort) but I would enjoy a chat and could answer any question any newbie has about the process.

Hi TallyJohn, I was just banded last Wednesday and I also live in Tallahassee. I was wondering who did your surgery and where you go for fills. Congrats on the tremendous weight loss! I'm interested to hear your theories about banding.

Deb