Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At a Stand Still after surgery-Anyone else??

I had my surgery on January 14, 2008.

When I had my initial consultation I weighed 304 lbs.

At surgery date I weighed 284.

Now I weigh 264. I have weighed 264 since January 27.

I know that sounds great and all but I have been at a stand still since January 27. I had my first fill on February 16, 2008.

I can eat what I think is too much. I can eat a chicken thigh, some carrots, and probably could still eat more. I am frusterated that it isn't working. Can anyone tell me if they have had this similar experience and do you have any advice? Did anyone else think it wasn't working the way everyone says it should? When will I lose more? I can not exercise very often. I work a whole lot of hours. I try and get some exercise when I can. I do not want to eat so much to be full I want to only be able to eat a small amount. It seems like even though it was miserable right before surgery because I stcuk to the diet and felt starving all the time, I feel like I was doing better then.

Any advice out there? Did you ever stay stuck in the same place so long?

Age 39.5

Surgery date: January 14, 2008:sad:

Dr. Krahn

Stand stills are part of the process. Same thing here...for four weeks now..same weight. I'm not giving in though! Walk a little further eat a little better and wait for another fill!

Thank you for replying. I am reading all of the great weight loss of these fabulous women and thinking mine is soooo broken..Can it NOT work for me?But your walk a little further, eat a little better and wait for the next fill really helped. Thanks.

I have been up and down within a pound for the last 11 days. I was banded on 1/31/08,lost steadily the first two-three weeks, and now I am very frustrated. I too, never feel full, but certainly don't want to eat more. I just feel like I got this thing, and I'm certainly not eating been half of what I was eating before being banded, so I should be losing weight. Go figure

Yeah-- I had my surgery sept 2007 and have not lost anymore wieght since december.............My appetite and ability to eat is increased I just dont know what to do.............

Jack;

Was just sitting hear having a self-pity party and came across this thread. Thanks for the encouragement. I've lost 20 pounds now since surgery, but the first 15 were one week post and it's kind of frustrating now that I've finally had my first fill on 1/25. Feel some restriction, but can still eat more than 'the cup'.

Your words made me take an honest look at myself and realize that I haven't done a great deal to work this wonderful new 'tool' I've acquired. So thanks again.

Jack,

I just read your reply to a gal who is stalled in her weight loss and took great consolation from your wisdom. I was banded Feb 11th and lost initially 16 pounds during the whole liquid phase. Now in the mushie stage the weight isn't coming off very quickly if at all. Still it isn't coming back on either. I too am trying to work out this new tool to see how I can live a healthier more active life style and reach my goal weight. Your advice is always usefull and pertinent... keep up the replies!

Thanks for replies. I just want to say, that I am exercising three to four times a week, and eating about 1100 calories per day and writing everything down. About five years ago I did weight watchers, lost 90 lbs., gained back 75. I feel like I am doing the exact same diet now. I have not had a fill, so maybe that is the problem, but being banded has not given me any tool. It has not restricted, and the weight that I have lost, is totally because of my mindset. I never feel full...satisfied? MAYBE, hungry? for sure. I ended up being very sick after the operation and in the hospital for an additional five days. I'm just having a hard time understanding where my tool is. Will the fill make that much of a difference?

What happened to you to have to stay in the hospital for so long? I just got banded on Feb 19th. I am still on the liquid stage and am starving all the time. I go in for my post op visit this week. I hope the doctor can tell me why I am so hungry all the time.