Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i took some of my lortab yesterday to see how i reacted with it prior to my surgery. well i got horribly sick to my stomach and faint. now here is the question, my doc also prescribed a suppository for naseau. is this to counter the effects of the lortab or just being naseous in general? anyone know? i can certainly ask my doc before surg date but i would kind of like to know now. any hep would be great. g2s:rolleyes3:

The suppositories will help with nausea no matter what the cause of it is. I hated the suppositories, but they really did work. Lortab made me horribly nauseous, so I cut the dose in half, and while I wasn't completely pain free, it helped take the edge off, and I was less nauseous that way.

I only took the Lortab at night, and was able to manage my pain with liquid Tylenol during the day. Tastes NASTY, but it worked.

thank you i appreciate the response. i did just that, bought some liquid tylenol as well, i believe i will save the lortab for bedtime. thanks again for the input. g2s

Lortabs are a STRONG painkiller and not something you would want to be taking right after your surgery. If you can crush it up, and swallow wash it down with something to drink it would be ok. But that harsh of a painkiller is not something you want sitting in your stomach for any length of time. Normally you have this large stomach digesting your meds, and that can be hard on your stomach. After your band you have a stomach 1/5 the size, and that medicine can sit in your stomach quite a while, wearing on the stomach lining. It's best to get it washed out of the upper banded part quickly. Lortabs make MANY people nauseated and once banded, it certainly would make most people nauseated. Right after you get your band, it's important to avoid vomiting. Your doctor is probably just being well prepared giving you the suppositories just in case you should need them. And who knows, you may jump up from surgery and want to go shopping! Not everyone has a lot of pain, and some people end up with quite a bit. Just play it by ear, be prepared and good luck!

yes the lortab is liquid, but i can certainly understand what you are saying about the small surface area with the new pouch. if i have to resort to it i will make sure i take it with liquids to get it past my pouch for absorption. thanks for the advice. only one more day and it will be band day, woo hoo!! g2s