Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 5th - Excited and Nervous

Well I am about 3 days away from my March 5th Surgary date. I have been on my liquid diet for almost 2 weeks. I have done pretty well on it except yesterday I had a bad scare. I was out working in the yard and I got really dizzy, lightheaded and really bad blurry vision. My neighbor helped me inside and I layed down for a bit and drank some Water. I just didn't feel right the rest of the day.

I have lost 14lbs on my pre-op diet so I am really excited about that. I am nervous but excited about the surgery. I just want to be able to exercise and stuff so I can do my best to not have excess skin. Any suggestions??? Well good luck everyone and I will keep you all posted on how I am doing. This site has been wonderful to get information and see how other people feel and have succeeded and how I can I learn from their experiences

Congrats on your date! I will be joining you on March 17th and presently on liquid diet till then. With mine I have to exercise 30 minute a day before surgery and eat below 1000 cals. I have 150 pounds to lose, but I can do it. We will do it! Just relax and enjoy the new you that is coming your way.

Congrats on your date as well!! We will do it and we will see ourselves lose it and never come back again!! Good luck and keep me posted as I will keep you all posted as well!

Well I am about 3 days away from my March 5th Surgary date. I have been on my liquid diet for almost 2 weeks. I have done pretty well on it except yesterday I had a bad scare. I was out working in the yard and I got really dizzy, lightheaded and really bad blurry vision. My neighbor helped me inside and I layed down for a bit and drank some Water. I just didn't feel right the rest of the day.

I have lost 14lbs on my pre-op diet so I am really excited about that. I am nervous but excited about the surgery. I just want to be able to exercise and stuff so I can do my best to not have excess skin. Any suggestions??? Well good luck everyone and I will keep you all posted on how I am doing. This site has been wonderful to get information and see how other people feel and have succeeded and how I can I learn from their experiences

I'm March 5 too! Just 2 days! :angry: (I'm in the bay area, California.) I really can't believe it. I haven't had a surgery since my tonsils came out at age 6. I'm sure it will be fine, but I just want to be over and home recovering. 8 days off work sounds pretty nice right now.

I've also been on the liquid Protein diet for 2+ weeks. I didn't faint, but I have felt pretty crappy at times, and very hungry. I know what you mean, though!

I have to admit I went out with friends to a "last supper" on Friday and ate a nice dinner. Don't tell my surgeon! :thumbup: I've still lost about 6 lbs in the 2 weeks so I think it will be okay.

Good luck to you in any case and let's compare recovery notes when we get home!

To all 3 of you who have posted before me, Can you tell me if your insurance is paying for this and if so who the carrier is and which Policy you have? I am currently shopping for ins. (self employed) and trying desperately to find one that actually covers WLS & LB specifically. TIA

To all 3 of you who have posted before me, Can you tell me if your insurance is paying for this and if so who the carrier is and which Policy you have? I am currently shopping for ins. (self employed) and trying desperately to find one that actually covers WLS & LB specifically. TIA

I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and it covers LB, but it's a special plan from my employer. I don't know if their self-insurance plans have the same rules. Good luck finding an insurer.

I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and it covers LB, but it's a special plan from my employer. I don't know if their self-insurance plans have the same rules. Good luck finding an insurer.

The insurance we will be getting isn't really self insured. We own a small business and are applying for small group health ins which is different. Self insurance required underwriting and do to my weight we have been denied coverage with those policies. So, now that we have a small business and meet the requirements imposed by the insurance agencies to prove that we own a small business, we won't have to go through underwriting and therefore will not be denied due to weight or preexisting ailments. But, I am having the hardest time finding insurance that will cover LB. The closest I have seen so far is with BCBS stating it as an exclusion EXCEPT WHEN MED. NECCESARY. But I was hoping to find one that flat out covers it in their policy.

Oh, I think most companies insist it be medically necessary. But usually a high enough BMI with some other health issues is enough to prove it is necessary. For me it was BMI in high 40s, sore joints, mild sleep apnea, borderline high BP, and acid reflux. That is quite a basket o' problems. :shades_smile: