Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

I have been horrible! Lots of wine, salsa and chips, little chocolates! No exercise to speak of - I just like to whine because I am not in Onderland! LOL I wish whining was a form of exercise!

My daughter is doing great! I have been taking her out to stroll in the evenings after work. It seems to be easier for her 18 year old body to bounce back! She went to the movies yesterday and out with a girlfriend today! I am so happy for her to have her band! She does not have a blog as of yet. I posted some pictures of her and I on Facebook. Do you facebook??

Hmm nope don't have facebook. That's great she is doing so well. That's exciting that she is able to get this corrected before spending a lifetime overweight. She will be so thankful now and later in life when she is healthy :party: wtg mom.

Okay...okay...I admit it...I cheated last night too. Ate real food instead of liquids - but hey it tasted good and I had no carbs. Hotdog (Nathan's no skin), three tablespoons of Peanut Butter, milk and two slices of cheese. Fine - I'll go log it now! Damn you for giving me a conscience!

HAHA you crack me up. Sounds like a reasonable dinner and amount.

Hey all! Nice to hear from you Leslie and Carol. I'm doing okay, but I've eaten crap for an entire week. I've eaten so much candy it's not even funny! I've managed to not gain any weight (only by the Grace of God), but I feel like poo! I haven't run in over a week. My face and hands are swollen from all the sugar and salt. YUCK! I'm so ready to get back into a routine.

I think I'll do the the 5 day pouch test too, but I'm not gonna start it until Thursday. I know I'll have a few drinks tomorrow night, so I don't see the point. I started yesterday eating better, but I had the last Hershey santa last night. Thank God!! The last one! LOL!

I've decided to not feel guilty. The way I look at it it was the holiday, I had a great time, took a break and now it's time to get back on program. Last year I gained at least 10 pounds, so I figure this year was a success! :blink:

Way to go on drinking the Water. I've got to start that today. I know I'm dehydrated. My skin is dry and I've been getting leg cramps at night.

My vow to you all is not to drink margaritas tomorrow night. I have to keep myself accountable. They are too high in sugar and I've had quite a few over the holidays. No more.

My surgeon is having a patient appreciation party tonight. I was planning to go, but not sure if I want to now. I feel yucky. It would probably be good for me to get out of the house. I think I'm getting cabin fever! I'm going to run in a few so hopefully that will make me feel better!

Sorry for the long post, just trying to catch up. I'm glad we are all getting back on the "wagon" together! I want to rock 2009!!! :party:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bea hun I could have written your post! And do you know what (You and Carol are bad influences - good but bad :-))...I'm going to start on the 1st too! My parents are coming in today - having lunch with them...and going to a New Year's Eve Party tomorrow night (first time I've been to one in 12 years)...so I'm not going to sweat it!

I'm starting on the 1st with ya'll (No cheating for me either)...but I'm still going to make good choices for the next day and a half...no need to lose my head or anything!

We already rock!!! Just can't wait to have a kick-ass body to go along with our fabulousness...

Okay...okay...I admit it...I cheated last night too. Ate real food instead of liquids - but hey it tasted good and I had no carbs. Hotdog (Nathan's no skin), three tablespoons of Peanut Butter, milk and two slices of cheese. Fine - I'll go log it now! Damn you for giving me a conscience!

I cheated too! My husband showed up at work last night and wanted to take me to Carrabbas. Of course I went and had Polo Rosa Maria. I am such a pouch test failure! _chocolate__fail_by_ash__tray.gif

Bea- Great to see you! Those ritas are sure a killer I love them but I have to stay clear of them or I look like a blow fish it's horrible... That and Bloody Marys. You should go to your surgeons event you have done so wonderful and I think it would help to be around other bandsters and like you said be outta the house!

Thankfully I don't have a party tomorrow night and will be at home so I can continue to try and stay on track. I am such a wussy when it comes to sleep that I am usually out at Midnight anyway haha.

Great to see everyone on and being so supportive.

I think were missing Mom and dsk :party:

I cheated too! My husband showed up at work last night and wanted to take me to Carrabbas. Of course I went and had Polo Rosa Maria. I am such a pouch test failure! _chocolate__fail_by_ash__tray.gif

I have never heard of it or had it so I had to look it up!

Omg that sounds good. Here is the recipe hehe

http://www.recipelink.com/msgid/1410554

Okay, I ran...feel much better. Sweating is good. I only did 30 minutes, but it's a start! :) I've already gotten 1 L of Water down, at least another Liter to go!

I've never been to Carrabbas. We don't have one here, but it sounds good. Hubby and I went to Chili's the other night (we got gift cards for Christmas) and I ordered the Kickin chicken Crisper tacos. OMG! So good. It worked out great because it came with three and I ate 1/2 of one and gave the rest to my hubby. He ordered nachos and I had a couple of those and it was perfect and delicious!

I'm in the same boat with ya Brandy. I'll be lucky to make it to midnight! Pathetic, I know! LOL!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I can't turn down Italian...okay the 1st it is! (damned Pasta goes right on down) - EVIL (and Brandy shame on you for presenting me with that recipe temptation)

Alright, so it's official...we are all starting over on the 1st?

It's good to see everyone back here and being the supportive team that we are!!!! I heart you guys!

I bought Jillian Michaels newest book (heard it was pretty good and on target) and I also got her DVD's called the 30 day Shred. I am hoping to kick up a few notches in the exercise department. I want to hire a trainer for a few sessions to help me really get going. I feel like I've exhausted the whole treadmill thing. I need to work different muscles and get more out of my workout. I can't run, so I've got to come up with something else.

I haven't looked up the pouch test, but so far y'all aren't too dedicated! LOL Does this indicate that it's hard to stick to?

~C

Alright, so it's official...we are all starting over on the 1st?

It's good to see everyone back here and being the supportive team that we are!!!! I heart you guys!

I bought Jillian Michaels newest book (heard it was pretty good and on target) and I also got her DVD's called the 30 day Shred. I am hoping to kick up a few notches in the exercise department. I want to hire a trainer for a few sessions to help me really get going. I feel like I've exhausted the whole treadmill thing. I need to work different muscles and get more out of my workout. I can't run, so I've got to come up with something else.

I haven't looked up the pouch test, but so far y'all aren't too dedicated! LOL Does this indicate that it's hard to stick to?

~C

Blah ok I am joining in for the 1st even tho I have tried the last 2 days and failed at not cheating lol... Not its not hard but l lack ANY type of willpower hence the band haha.

Its 1-2 days of liquids then diff foods for 3 days to get the Protein and moved you onto solids.

My lifestyle is just too hard to stay with it.. Probably an excuse but thats just life for me I guess.

I work 10.5 hours a day, mother of 2, I am the only one that cleans, only one that cooks. or does laundry lol... once I type this list I am thinking wtf where do I find the time??? Well I am a mom so I find the time haha.

No excuse but thats life. Suck it up and move on. I am gonna go have a glass of wine the before bed if I have another day hahhaha!!!

Oh and I even made brownies for them after I made dinner. Good thing I hate sweets and my weakness is fried foods.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Carol you are to blame! You know I always cave to peer-pressure...I'm such a wuss...two more days blah blah blah..why don't you wait? Hell yea I'm waiting...

I know I can do this...tomorrow liquid hell...urgh I'm not looking forward to it. I mentally blocked out that period for a reason! We will all do this...

I'm with you on the treadmill thing. I'm going to look into getting a trainer at the Y too...someone to kick my butt and make me do things. God I need a heavy hand when it comes to exercise.

I don't know what I'll be drinking or eating tonight but I'm sure I'll enjoy it...damned liquid hell. Ok okay I know I have to mentally get there - I will...I only have what 24 hours or so to do it??!! eekk!!

OK I cheated yesterday as well. I started the day off doing really well until my hubby came home from fishing. I had to fry fish and I ate some. Then I figured well I have already messed up so why not eat this last piece of cake to get it out of the house! Then this morning, I got up and my hubby had actually cooked Breakfast. I haven't eaten yet, but I know I will. So, the liquids will start TOMORROW! (Gosh I feel like such a failure!)

Guest Leslie2Lose

OK I cheated yesterday as well. I started the day off doing really well until my hubby came home from fishing. I had to fry fish and I ate some. Then I figured well I have already messed up so why not eat this last piece of cake to get it out of the house! Then this morning, I got up and my hubby had actually cooked breakfast. I haven't eaten yet, but I know I will. So, the liquids will start TOMORROW! (Gosh I feel like such a failure!)

OMG you are not a failure...girl I had a Solo order of Italian Nachos with chicken AND sausage last night...It was like heaven in my mouth.

Just think if not for your band how much fish you would have eaten...hmmm? I bet not a little bit...I bet you would have gone crazy (like me pre-band)...preband I would have had the nachos plus fetticini alfredo, plus a slice of cheesecake that has about 3000 calories...I'd guess I'd have consumed 10,000 calories in one sitting pre-band. Instead I ate about 500-1000.

One step at a time, one day at a time, one meal at a time...we will all do this. Now cut the sh** and stop feeling sorry for yourself (as I tell myself the same thing). Tomorrow is a new day and a new year. We are all going to be some skinny healthy bitches! Avenger's Unite!!!!!!!!

TY Leslie! You are right! I would have made myself sick from eating the fish. Last night though, I got a couple of pieces and had to put one back! I like reading your posts btw; you are hilarious!