Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

That sounds about how I was after my last fill in July... I could only take a couple bites and it was uncomfortable. For some really weird reason in the last week my band opened up and to me it feels perfect. I can't explain it but I can eat about 3/4 cup of food now if I eat slowly.

Drinking the calories is a big no no we know that. But we all do things that were not suppose to do out of convenience. Really just log for a couple days and see what you need to change. I hate having to be accountable.. But since the band it makes it easier to be accountable lol

I think you'll be okay having a piece of pie now and then :biggrin:

Bea and Brandy- Thanks so much for your support. You're right, we are all seeming to be going through so much of the same things at the same times.

I am definitely not drinking enough Water. I think I will focus a bit more on that. I love my coffee, but I made the switch and drink it black now. I don't have TOM anymore (hysterectomy) so that's not it. I did have Margaritas...totally forgot about that! Gee, I should look up the calorie count in that! Either way though, the salt is bad. Noted.

I seem to prefer the smoothie option or Soup because I can get it down without feeling uncomfortable. I am able to get my calories, usually Protein and feel satisfied all in one. Thereby, DRINKING my calories. I know I shouldn't, but you're right, it's a convenience. I don't want to mess with my fill just yet...I'm tighter in the morning and more open at night still so I adjust my intake accordingly.

Okay, I will log my food, and drink more water. Maybe this week will turn things around. Thanks you guys! And thanks for the hugs!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Good morning, soon to be afternoon fellow Avengers. I had a wonderful weekend in Memphis. I ate too much and am exhausted today! I want to go home and crawl in bed for a week. 9 hours of driving on Friday and 9 on Sunday. I'm tired. Time to get back into the saddle. I've been saying that for two months now! I'm serious though - I'm ready to lose the rest of this weight.

My parents were here this past week and they hadn't seen me in a coupld of months. Mom doesn't think I need to lose any more. I disagree....I want to be healthy - not model thin. I'm 215 pounds - still not a healthy weight.

We will all get there though!!! I'm back to logging my food here and on dailyplate. I hope you all had a great weekend!

Turler - don't worry about the 5 pounds....they'll be off again before you know it. I haven't been on the scale in a week and a half. I'm scared of it right now! I need to face it and if I've gained then I've gained....deal with it and move on. I know why I've gained though - darned Memphis sausage BBQ and Snacks on the road.

Brandy - I'm the opposite right now - I'm scared of the scale. I don't want to own up to my eating failures but I know I need to and have to move forward!

Numbr - I tried the muscle milk in Florida. I can't find it around here though. It was okay for me - I'm a huge dairy person anyway...I like the real thing.

Saved - it was great hearing from you! I'm really close to my sweet spot. I think I'm there though. I haven't been the best bandster lately. Had some medical issues then just haven't recommited. I went out of town this past weekend and am now ready to refocus for the long-haul. I have to remind myself that this is slow and I need to re-learn what to do....I've been regressing lately.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Turler ((hugs)) ((hugs)) ((hugs))!!!!!

Okay - log your food girl!! I still can't find you on dailyplate...e-mail me your name so I can monitor (i.e. harrass you). I need to increase my Water too.

I started responding earlier and got busy with work - so my posts seem a bit weird...LOL...also missed like four posts from all of you...got to go back and read.

Guest Leslie2Lose

One thought - darned darned darned plateaus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to all of you...we all need it. Thank you for your friendship and reminding me (even when I don't get online) that you are all here. I love ya'll!!!!!!

I have to vent a little! I am a member of 24 hour fitness well used to be until it was bought out by OZ fitness. They have the crappiest classes, class hours, and space for the classes. I want to find a class that I could join since I am getting burned out on running outdoors and the weather is sucky.

The fees to join a gym is ridiculous so I don't really want to jump ship and pay the initiation for another gym :biggrin:

All they offer is Water aerobics, spin class, and step. They don't have any early morning classes for the people that like to work out before work :wub: They have some in the evenings but more like 7pm and such.. Too hard when you're the person that does the domestic duties to be missing during the main part of the evening lol

Guest Leslie2Lose

Is there another gym you could join? Can you get out of your current contract?

Well it was 300 initiation to join and I can walk away now but then I have to pay the joining fees again at another place :biggrin: I wish I would of checked into the classes more.

Guest Leslie2Lose

That sucks! But - will you continue to go and use the gym (even without the classes). Is it worth it for you to change? Will you get bored and stop going? I think the key to exercise is consistancy.

That is my biggest issue - I can go for a couple of weeks - then I stop and get off track. It isn't for lack of things to do at the Y - there's tons. What's wrong with me? If I had only cardio and weight equipment I'd get bored really quickly amd probably wouldn't go.

Are there any gyms there that are waiving the joining fees? They sometimes run specials.

Okay...WOW! A margarita is way more cals than I'd expected. And if you think about it, most are NOT 3 oz! LOL Thanks Brandy, for looking that up!

Welcome back Leslie! I'm so glad to see that you had a good time! When do you weigh again Leslie? Thursday? Don't worry, we are all (except Brandy) on a plateau right now! I'll send you some big hugs from Ohio, k?

You know what? I'm full of hugs today. HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

~C

Brandy-- I too face a little disgust with the gyms and their classes. I must start by saying that I really do love, love, love my new gym. BUT, as I'm getting more fit, I've noticed that the classes I'm interested in are at odd hours. Like 9 am on Wednesday is the Boot Camp class!!! HELLOOOOO, that is when most everyone is working! Not fair. And it's only offered that one time. Spinning is another, again, 11am on a Tuesday. That doesn't help me much. I work crazy hours and weird days. So I feel ya, so far I'm happy with the cardio equipment and weights, but I might like to take a class. I think I will talk to the owner about this!

L2L~ I am looking for one that will waive the fee. I could switch to the Ymca but it's more per month and then they also charge 120 to join. Not sure I want to pay that much more. I guess I will have to way the options. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and figure a way to work around my schedule and try step class or something. I have 2 left feet tho.

Carol~ I would imagine that the average margarita is about 300 calories and about 1600 sodium... As much as I love them and have 1 now and then I see how horrible they are for me now. I love bloody marys too.. . I see a trend I love anything salty hehe

Yes Carol that's so annoying. The reason I joined the gym is because it is 24 hour.. Unless u wanna take a class then u have to do it between 9am and 6pm lol

I put something in the crock pot for dinner tonight so I am going to the gym and I am going to try a class.,... Even tho I am going to look like Elaine on seinfeld trying to dance.

Guest Leslie2Lose

LOL Brandy! No one can be that bad - I suck and I'm not that bad!!! (Elaine dancing)

Yea Carol - I'm full of hugs today too. I weigh in on Thursday. I'm going to get on the scale in the morning at home though and see what damage I've caused. I don't know whether to hug Brandy or hurt her (she's losing!!!!) - LOL