Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Good Morning everyone! Well the scales not moving atm but I am ok with it. I am going to try and change up my food starting today. We should start a thread "whats in your lunch box" haha

I have alot of good food packed for me today and I wont go near the break room and avoid the machines lol.

I also normally have a glass of wine while I watch tv before bed. I am going to eliminate it for a week and see if it makes a difference.

I don't normally eat lunch meat but the oscar meyer deli fresh is only 45 calories and 8 grams protein.. I thought that was pretty good. So for a snack today I brought some of that and a slice of provolone.

Ok I don't mean to spam the thread but I was wondering if people could look over my food log and tell me how to get more calories in. I really really want to avoid Protein Shakes but looks like I might have to resort to it. I just can't seem to get the calorie count up. I eat almost all day but still short on calories :D

Food ItemServingsCalsFatCholestSodiumCarbsSugarsFiberProtein Hardboiled Egg 1.00805g200mg75mg0g0g0g7gx ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 Egg Optional: When did you eat this? - select mealtime - Breakfast morning snack lunch afternoon snack dinner evening snack midnight snack pre-workout post-workout Unclassified Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Shaved Turkey 1.00501g20mg570mg2g0g0g8gx ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 6 Slices Optional: When did you eat this? - select mealtime - breakfast morning snack lunch afternoon snack dinner evening snack midnight snack pre-workout post-workout Unclassified Sargento Deli Style Sliced Provolone Cheese 1.501058g23mg270mg0g0g0g8gx ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 slice (22.0 g) Optional: When did you eat this? - select mealtime - breakfast morning snack lunch afternoon snack dinner evening snack midnight snack pre-workout post-workout Unclassified Red Bell Pepper, Raw 0.2580g0mg0mg2g0g1g0gx ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 medium pepper (148 g) Optional: When did you eat this? - select mealtime - breakfast morning snack lunch afternoon snack dinner evening snack midnight snack pre-workout post-workout Unclassified Great Value (Wal-Mart) Beef Philly Steak (thinly Sliced) 0.501159g40mg33mg0g0g0g8gx ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 steak (99g) Optional: When did you eat this? - select mealtime - breakfast morning snack lunch afternoon snack dinner evening snack midnight snack pre-workout post-workout Unclassified Kraft Kraft Singles 1.00807g10mg340mg0g0g0g4gx ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 1 Slice Optional: When did you eat this? - select mealtime - breakfast morning snack lunch afternoon snack dinner evening snack midnight snack pre-workout post-workout Unclassified Grilled Tri Tip 1.001557g60mg47mg0g0g0g23gx ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 3 oz Optional: When did you eat this? - select mealtime - breakfast morning snack lunch afternoon snack dinner evening snack midnight snack pre-workout post-workout Unclassified Asparagus Tips 0.50140g0mg5mg2g0g0g2gx ^ Servings consumed: Serving size: 4 oz Optional: When did you eat this? - select mealtime - breakfast morning snack lunch afternoon snack dinner evening snack midnight snack pre-workout post-workout Unclassified FitnessMinutesCalories BurnedDistanceHeart Rate Add your physical activity/exercise for October 16th, 2008! Click totals for charts!Totals: 606 36g 353mg 1,339mg 6g 0g 1g 59g

Wow it didn't show up in the right format so I have attached a word doc.

Food Item.doc

Edited by Brandy~

Hi Brandy....

Wow girl! I love that you log your food. I wish I could get into that.

You are definitely not eating enough! Are you too tight by chance? You seem to be choosing some healthy things, but I see veggies as 'fillers' you know? Like in Weight Watchers---you can have as many as you want to keep full. I know we need them, don't get me wrong, but they shouldn't be a meal.

Even in the Word doc, it doesn't tell when you ate this. Are your meals good size? Are you only able to eat one item at a time?

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

I think you need to up your Protein as well. You are doing good - 59g isn't too bad. Maybe add some more dairy, like yogurt or a Protein Bar for a snack. A glass of milk after a workout will help you build muscle too (good protein). Your calorie count is really low too. I know we are watching what we eat, but 600 calories a day is quite low. You aren't giving your body enough energy to function. What about your Water intake? That'll make a difference too.

I have problems myself too.

Hi Brandy....

Wow girl! I love that you log your food. I wish I could get into that.

You are definitely not eating enough! Are you too tight by chance? You seem to be choosing some healthy things, but I see veggies as 'fillers' you know? Like in Weight Watchers---you can have as many as you want to keep full. I know we need them, don't get me wrong, but they shouldn't be a meal.

Even in the Word doc, it doesn't tell when you ate this. Are your meals good size? Are you only able to eat one item at a time?

~C

Since my last fill in July I have never felt hunger pangs. I eat by the clock now. I dont think I am too tight because I don't PB, I don't every really get food stuck, I could probably take a few large gulps of Water before it started backing up on me lol.. I know TMI but I looked at all this too so I could make sure that I was at the right restriction. The veggies I only eat because I worry about nutrition.

Maybe I will weed out some of the veggies and then replace with trail mix or more nuts.

a meal for me would be about 3 or 4 oz of meat per sitting and then a few veggies just to make myself feel better about nutritional needs.

I have a space in the evening where I could add in another snack or something. Normally I have a glass of wine (Chardonnay or Merlot) so I don't eat since I am having liquids. I am doing away with the wine for a week as a test so I could fill this space with a snack.

or I might have to fill it with a Protein Shake Blah.

I think you need to up your Protein as well. You are doing good - 59g isn't too bad. Maybe add some more dairy, like yogurt or a protein bar for a snack. A glass of milk after a workout will help you build muscle too (good protein). Your calorie count is really low too. I know we are watching what we eat, but 600 calories a day is quite low. You aren't giving your body enough energy to function. What about your Water intake? That'll make a difference too.

I have problems myself too.

Yeah I know 600 waaaaaaay too low. Luckily this was a day I didn't exercise. Hmm thats a good idea I could always have a glass of milk in the car omw to work and one at night or something. Seems even eating big volumes of food if it's lean meat or good protein its low calorie and end up on the low end. The last thing I wanna do is drink bacon grease! Joking lol

90% of the time my water intake is over 70 oz. I have crystal lite with me everywhere I go.

Brandy,

I use Protein Shakes still. I prefer to make my own because I have so much control over what goes in them. I also like to drink V-8 Fusion---YUMMY! They have lots of flavors and they have a 'lite' version if you need to watch calories. I get my fruits and veggies in that way sometimes...I drink that before I eat...helps me get my nutrition, but still allows me to eat food.< /p>

I am by no means an authority on this subject! LOL I struggle quite a bit and if you've noticed, I hate to journal, and I eat desserts! Oh...and Margaritas too! It's much easier for me to pick apart someone elses regime than mine. God, that's awful!

I think you are doing fantastic! We all have times that we need to tweek things and that is one of the amazing things about this group. We are here to help bring that awareness to each other. The wine is empty calories...go for a healthy snack like Leslie said (yogurt, nuts, popcorn, even chocolate once in a while!).

~C

Brandy - one of my best friends has become cashews. I love them and they add some good Protein. Also the greek yogurt mixed with Bear Naked Protein Plus granola and fruit is soooooo good. Also, you can use Protein Powder in sauces and such. Mix it in to stuf and you'll be surprised. And you can add egg whites (powdered or liquid) in recipes to up some protein. This tends to help if you're not hungry alot and don't like the Protein Shakes.< /p>

My scales finally moved!!! (still won't post till I catch back up to what I had lost but I'm almost there!) I upped my calories to go with my excercise...now I average 1200 to 1400 calories a day and it seems to be working. They aren't the best calories I could choose but filling. I'm still not feeling much, if any, restriction so it has been hard. I plan to go back in about a week for another fill.

Won't be back till Monday, camping. So, everyone have a good weekend and L2L - have a good trip!

Good morning all.

Yes mom I have taken a fancy to nuts too. How is your restriction now?

I got the scale to move -1 today lol... Not much but they all add up.

Well...

We've decided not to go to Cedar Point today. My daughter and her boyfriend broke up and now the world is coming to an end. She can't bring herself to go because "it just wouldn't be the same without him". LOL I'm sad for her (really, he was a nice kid), but the drama!

I'm a little relieved we're not going though. First, it saves a LOT of money. But second, I don't have to find out if I don't fit in the rollercoasters. I have been so worried about it, and I'm sure I'd fret the whole time anyway. I'm sure I'd be okay, but just the fact that I have to worry is enough of a deterrent, you know?

So now we've decided to head south a day early to hike and see some friends. Everyone ready for the weekend?

~C

Morning Carol. Sorry to hear about your daughter :smile: How old is she? Mine is 16 and the drama is just over the top... I wonder if I was that out there or if it's just her haha.

Anyway I am sure you would of been fine in the coasters too.. atleast now when you go you for sure won't have to worry since you will have more time to lose :frown:

I wish I had a hiking buddy we have alot of wonderful trails here to hike on.

Brandy-

She is 16 too! (will be 17 end of November). Yes, the drama is definitely over the top! Sometimes it's funny, most times I just can't stomach it. There is NO WAY I was like that! LOL

Yeah, at least next year I can ride the rides and not have to think twice about it. That will be peace of mind for sure. Funny how the things 'normal' sized people take for granted (I used to be one of them), I/we have to worry about. I can't wait for this chapter in my life to be closed. I'm over it (being fat) for sure.

~C

Me too carol.. about the ready to move on part hah. This has been quite the journey and were only 6 months into it.

I can honestly say that this surgery isn't for the people wanting the easy way out as some of us get accused of. I have worked my ass off to lose what I have lost and I am proud of every pound. When this journey is over and I start maintance I am going to look back at this and be like WOW I did all that.

I have lost lots of weight in the past but couldn't keep it off obviously so this is quite the accomplishment for me!

Each and everyone of us should pat ourselves on the back for all that we have done.