Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Thanks so much Bea...those help alot! All of them sound good too.

I can't wait to hear what your instructor said as well as get the recipes...

Love, Love your new pic mom!! Gorgeous!!

Disclaimer: Another long post...last one today, I promise!!

Okay, so my phys ed instructor told me today that....(drum roll, please!)....are you ready? I'm not eating near enough!!!! HA HA!! LOLLOL!!! All my life I've been told that I eat too much, now not enough! Too funny!

Anyway, the reason she thinks that is because of all the exercise I'm getting. If I weren't exercising, I'd probably be fine. I always get in at least 65g of Protein which is what the nutrtionist told me I needed post surgery. She told me that's not enough protein either.

So, what does that all mean? For me to loose 3 pounds a week, I should be eating 1400 cal/day. On average, I'm only getting about 1000 - 1100 cal/day. Adding in 500-600 cal burned per day, well you can do the math. So, she suggesting eating about another 300 cals/day and at least 20g if not 30g more protein per day which will add fuel to get me through my workouts and recovery period. She also wants me to eat Luna Protein Bars even though they are not the highest in protein, she said it's quality and there are a bunch of other "good" stuff in there that would give me energy (minerals and Vitamins and things). So, for Breakfast I already usually eat yogurt, fruit, and nuts and now I need to add 1/2 a Luna bar in the morning and the other 1/2 in the afternoon after workouts.

So for me that means more planning and prep work to get it all in. I already eat about 5 times per day, she wants me to try to eat 6-7 small meals a day if I'm going to workout this hard. If that isn't possible I'm going to have to be very diligent about eating very balanced meals to compensate. She basically told me my body has said "nope, no way" because I'm not fueling it correctly. I have to say that's probably true because I feel very fatigued a lot of the time. So today I bought chicken, shrimp, and fish. I bought some of those steamer bags I see on Biggest Looser and more veggies. I'll be doing a lot more Soups and stews as well.

I figured this was the problem, but just wanted confirmation. She also put me on a week of "rest" which means very light physical activity. We're also changing up or workout routines next week so that should help as well.

So, there it is. I don't know if this helps anyone else or not, but it's worth a shot for me. I've been hovering at 205 for the past 6 weeks. We shall see!!

popcorn Cauliflower

Cauliflower cut into small pieces (as much as you want)

Olive Oil (less is more)

Seasoning blend of your choice (I use Mrs. Dash reg or bold and spicy)

Coat cauliflower with oil and then toss w/ seasoning blend. Bake on cookie sheet covered with foil at 450 deg for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown. It depends on how much cauliflower you use. Make sure to keep and eye on it so it doesn't burn. It's good hot! YUMMY!

Serves 2

2 medium apples, sliced (I leave skin on)

1/4 c balsamic vinegar

splenda to taste

In a baking dish, mix vinegar and splenda together. Add apple slices, turning to coat. Bake at 375 until apples are tender (about 20 min). I just like to eat them, but you could serve them with lite ice cream I suppose.

Thanks for the compliment!

Oh My Goodness!!!! I know you about fell over when she told you to eat more!!! I think that is great that you have her to help you pin point things. I can't wait to see how it goes! I went back to checking my calories and I get only about 1200 a day but they aren't the good kind so in with the fruits and veggies and more Protein too. Hope it helps us both...adding more food to loose weight seems so foreign and even scary:)

Thanks for the recipe...it sounds yummy! Have you ever tried chick peas like that? They are awesome!!! But only fix what you want to eat, they get kinda soggy when saved.

Mom- Your picture is beautiful! I love your smile and you look great! I'm a photography buff, so I'm gonna copy cat your picture this weekend. We are going to Hocking Hills this weekend to hike and enjoy the changing of the leaves. I plan on getting lots of pics!

Bea- Thank you so much for sharing your Snacks and recipes. I am eager to try them all! You are definitely choosing a healthy approach!

I appreciate your 'talkativeness'. I am a big talker myself and restrain it when on here. I figure most people won't read my long winded stuff so I try to keep it short!

I would love to see a recipe thread for us. I know there are several out there, but it would be fun for us to share ideas and such!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bea - thanks so much for posting. What you said really makes me feel better. Other than early this week I've really been hitting the gym hard lately and I too have been getting in 1000-1200 calories a day. Maybe that's why I'm on this plateau? This week I'm taking an exercise break (self-imposed).

We are going out of town Friday so I'm just kind of taking it easy. Well, I had to clean my house too! My parents are coming to keep my kids, at my house!!!! So that means clean, clean, clean...

Memphis here I come! They have some wonderful food. Lots of walking! We are staying a few blocks from Beale Street. Going to Graceland and SunStudios too. I'm looking forward to my trip!! Taking lots of pictures too. I'm a picture freak too - love to take them. That's what my computer at home is for - pictures...I have tons! I want a really nice camera for Christmas. The one I have is okay and will do...but I have my eye on one that I want.

So - Monday when I get back - I'll be hitting the gym hard again and AM GOING TO LOSE the rest of this weight. The plateau will be over!

Bea - I'm a talker too. Love, love, love to talk....LOL...so you are right at home with me and Turler :-)

Leslie - I'm so jealous. I never get to go anywhere! You know while you are there, scope it out because Memphis is so within driving distance for me. Maybe we could all meet there at some point? My hubby (well he was my fiance at the time) was stationed in Memphis for a year 16 years ago. I went up with his parents one time and we did the whole Graceland, riverboat thing. We even toured the Coors plant. It was great! Of course at that point I was only 18 so I couldn't take full advantage of Beale street and the nightlife. I've always wanted to go back for an "adult" trip! I've been through there several more times, but have never stopped. I hope you have a blast!!!

Mom - Chickpeas with which recipe? I have taken canned chickpeas and cooked them at a very high temp until they are crunchy like nuts. I love chickpeas!!

Thanks Turler for your kind words!

You guys have a great day! I've got to get going. Our new Bishop is visiting our church and they want me to be there.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bea that'd be great! Thanks for posting all the recipes too...we do need a thread :-)

I get a discount at the Marriott (downtown) with work. Our headquarters are there. There's tons to do in Memphis. We really do need to start looking towards April 2009 for a trip for all of us. I would love to meet all of you and have a "girls weekend" :-)

How's everyone else doing? I'm getting a haircut today - something I know all of you wanted to know....LOL...I get excited when it comes to pampering (haircut, pedicures, manicures). I need my eyebrows waxed too. I may try to fit that in.

Wow I missed alot the last few days. I have been so busy the last few days... I didn't even bother to log in cause I would get side tracked.

That's funny L2L I just got my hair cut last week... I think I am growing a 3rd eyebrow and need to go in to get waxed too! I never seem to find the right time to do it. When I get waxed I am red for hours so I have to plan ahead lol.

Sorry TMI lol

Hi girls!

I'm off early today. Thank God!

I'm getting my hair done Friday. Low-lights for winter. Maybe I will even go red!!! (more like Auburn?) I don't know. What goes good with pale?

I will get my eyebrows done too. I only do it twice a year, mine are pretty light. I hate to pluck, but feel like I need to keep up with the trends.

We are going to Cedar Point on Friday for Halloweekends! I'm so excited but nervous. I want to ride all the rollercoasters, but I haven't been able to for a few years. I don't know if I'm down enough in sizes to fit. ***biting nails***

~C

You'll be fine on the rides and you'll look smoking hot with the auburn hair!! You go girl!!!

Bea - I was talking about roasting the chick peas like the cauliflower. I've also done that with sweet potatoes, asparagus, broccoli and mushrooms...I LOVE anything roasted.

L2L - You have a great time. I have always wanted to go to Memphis but haven't made it yet. We are going camping, with kids, this weekend and it's supposed to be the coldest weekend yet in NC. High Saturday is only 60 with lows in the 30s....this GA girl is gonna be so out of her element with those temps!

Turler - you've done so good so far and I bet you'll get a wonderful surprise for yourself at how many things you'll get to ride. Have fun and enjoy!!!

You guys make me jealous with the haircuts/coloring/waxing...I need it all so bad right now but don't want to take the time or spend the $$$ to do it. Shame on me. I did color my hair Sunday back to its natural color...it is dark. I'll have to take a picture to see what you guys think. Hubby loves it but the kids are still getting used to it.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Turler - you can and will fit on the rollercoasters. Have a few screams for me!!! I love coasters (well, if they don't go upside down - don't do great with those). I agree with Brandy - go Auburn! I think it would look great.

Mom - have fun camping! I love to camp :-)...I bet your hair looks great. I got mine cut today (really trimmed). My girls told me when I went back to dark that my hair was black...it went from almost blonde to dark brown...they are used to it now though. DH loves it!

Brandy - I didn't get the eyebrows done...I too turn red for hours. Darnit that means me and the tweesers have an appointment tonight. I don't mind the waxing (all pain - one time)...tweesing hurts :-(