Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Turler - I will tell you that there are some top notch boot camp DVDs out there. Look around online and find one that's right for you.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi everyone! Did ya'll have a good weekend?

I did Body Sculpting on Friday night. OMG - my upper body was in pain for two days...it surprised me that my legs didn't bother me - though those are stronger and I use them more.

This weekend - I did housework. Mainly washed and folded clothes. I also picked up and cleaned my kitchen. Had a pretty good weekend. We went to a fish fry on Saturday night. I ate two hushpuppies - yes only two. Ya'll know they are my addiction - add some ketchup and they're like crack...so addictive. I also had some peach cobbler - yum. Sunday my "staying on plan" got derailed. I have to stop buying any kind of cheesy chip. This time it was puffy cheetos...darnit! I only ate 1/2 of the bag in one day. That's about all I ate too...shame on me - time to go log my food now! I'm going to the gym tonight to do something...I forgot my clothes so I'm going home and then back. I'll miss Zumba class, but I think I'll hit the track and weights afterwards....How was your weekends?

Just checking in... Okay so the freaking scale moved! Hooray I can't wait for Onederland! I am 213 now!! I have never been so happy to lose 2 pounds since I keep getting stuck. My weight loss has been so weird. I go 3 weeks on a plateau then drop 4-6 pounds then plateau again. I am just happy that I have lost this much and know that even if its sparatic its coming off :)

Mom I think I found the secret though for getting over the hump... Drink 3 glasses of Merlot haha it worked for me... Really I don't promote people to drink though because of addiction transfers but it was still a good time lol

Hope everyones having a good Monday.. as good as it can be for a Monday. Guess I should go do some work.

We had a good weekend here. Did boot camp then had my son's & father's bday together. It was good being with family. We didn't have bday cake, I did a apple pie instead (son doesn't like real sweet stuff) so I only had a little. Still did good with my calories that day, thanks to working out. Went off Sunday....it was leftover night so I had chili, cheese nachos and bread pudding :) but boy was it good! Got back on track today with high impact aerobics for an hour. I haven't changed my signature but I still have some weight to loose to get back to the what it actually reads, so I am kicking things up! Lots of Protein and veggies. Trying to cut out as many carbs/sugars as possible. Hoepfully then I can get back to where I had been!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

I had a super weekend thanks for asking! :) I think I burned all my 2 pounds off cleaning house. Just like you Leslie I washed clothes all weekend. I even ran out of stuff to wash and raided the kids rooms lol. I don't think I have 1 piece of dirty laundry in our house right now. I even washed the dog beds haha.

Then if that wasn't enough I shampooed the downstairs carpets and washed all the baseboards. I was sweating up a storm... My DH was too while trying to lift the remote to change channels between football games... Man must be nice to have Skinny genes.

I felt really good getting alot done though. I am going to try and go back to the gym though tomorrow morning.. They don't have classes during the hours I can go to the gym :) I wish they would do a really early class but I am sure there isn't enough demand for it.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Mom you'll get there. I think we've all had setbacks - just keep pushing forward. Those pounds will start melting off again! I don't ever update my sig when I gain...only losses - cause you'll be there soon and it helps to see encouraging numbers :-)

Brandy - great minds think alike! LOL Although I still haven't caught up. Laundry to do tonight and probably tomorrow night (sheets)...my parents are going to be ALONE in my house with my kids. I'm kinda of scared...LOL!

Hey guys! My weekend hasn't been great. My good friend's 24 year old son has been bravely battling cancer for a year now. He's loosing that battle. There is nothing else they can do for him except keep him comfortable until the end. I visited with them at the hospital Saturday afternoon. They are the most amazing family with the most amazing faith of anyone I have ever seen. Even though they are devastated, they are at peace because he is not afraid. He's a remarkable young man and will be missed by everyone.

So, parents go home tonight if possible and love your kids. Witnessing this family during this horrific time has put a lot of things into perspective for me. I've been haging onto my kids more than usual the last few days.

Sorry this is so depressing. I'm just so sad right now.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oh Bea ((hugs))...I hope he will find peace soon. It is reassuring though that his family is there and so supportive. It is never easy to lose a loved one no matter how prepared we are. Our hurt eases though knowing they are no longer in pain. My heart goes out to you and his family.

I've been tough on my kids lately too. A lot of emotional stress. We all have bad days. We often forget how lucky we are. I know I take them for granted. I'm meeting them for lunch today and will be sure to give them an extra hug and let them know I love them.

Wow Bea... I am so sorry that you and your friends family is going through this. I wish everyone the best and miracles come when you least expect it that's why they are miracles so no one should ever give up hope.

For my 6 month post op appt the doctor is having me do a full panel of labs before the appt with fasting. Has anyone had theirs done yet or does your doctor do them? I am just curious how they turned out and what all they look for :smile2:

I was fortunate not to have diabetes and such before the surgery so not sure what it will show for me.

Bea- Oh I'm so sorry. I wish you and your friends weren't dealing with such a tragedy. Hang in there and please lean on me if you need anything. I'm going to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Brandy- You go girl! Onderland is coming fast for you girl! :thumbup:

Mom- You rock. I love your dedication. I will look for the DVD's. I may check them out at the library so I can decide whether I like them or not! Turns out, my gym offers it on Wednesday mornings---of course, while I'm working.:biggrin:

Leslie- I'm in the same place as you girl. Can't eat right and having trouble getting to and sticking with the gym. I made it there tonight, but then came home to eat desserts!:wink2: Good grief!

~Carol

Bea - good to hear from you just hate that it's with such sad news.{{Hugs}} I'll be praying for you all. And I will definitely give my kids a big hug!

Guys - PLEASE give me some snack ideas. Fill is NOT tight at all so I can still eat whatever I want and unfortunately, I am doing just that. I do good for Breakfast and lunch then the afternoon kills me. I want snack stuff but don't choose the right things. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Guest Leslie2Lose

mom - I love your new avatar...you look great!

snack ideas...protein bars - there are some good granola bars with Protein added. Also peanuts - I know they are higher in fat and calories, but they high in protein. Yogurt covered raisens are good too. They have sliced apples (ind servings) and Peanut Butter too (ind servings). I try to keep Snacks in my drawer at work that will tide me over until dinner...none of these have to be refrigerated either and can fit in your purse.

Turler - I feel your pain girl. I'm going out of town this weekend and to be honest am going to enjoy myself. I'm not going to fall completely off the wagon, but I know I can refocus 110% when I return on Sunday. Up until then I'm going to do my best to be good. It helps when I journal. I know you hate it - so do I. I didn't journal ALL weekend and had a bad day on Sunday (snacking). This week is tough for me to exercise at the gym - I just have a demanding schedule. Going to do my best to get some kind of exercise in - even if it is walking around the block.

Thanks for the compliment L2L - my hubby got camera happy this weekend....Thanks for the snack ideas too. I went to the store after excercising (that's when I'm not as tempted) and loaded up on some fruit, carrots w/ hummus, nuts and salad fixings. I really want to drop back down so I'm trying to do all I can...

Thanks for all your kind words. I really appreciate all of the support I receive here. I don't know what I would do without you guys!

Mom - Here are my favorite Snacks and I separated them from afternoon and late night/evening because I want different things at those times. Anyway....

Afternoon

-Melba Toast or other whole grain cracker w/ 1 wedge light laughing cow

-salad (spinach or ceasar w/ light dressing) w/ roasted nuts and a little cheese (feta or parmesan) and croutons

-Homemade hummus and melba toast

-Melba Toast or other cracker w/ low fat cheese slice such as provalone w/ shaved ham and spicy mustard

-Veggie Soup or other low fat soup w/ a few croutons

-popcorn cauliflower (recipe below)

-pan grilled corn tortilla w/ f/f refried Beans and lite cheese (a little avocado if I have it.)

Evening

-Plain f/f Greek yogurt w/ splenda, blueberries, 1 T almonds, and either a piece of chopped up granola bar or 1/2 c of bran flakes

-baked apples w/ balsamic vinegar and splenda

-sauted fruit like apples or pears in a little oil or butter w/ 1 small scoop lite ice cream or yogurt

-Vanilla Soy Protein Powder made w/ either soy milk or Water and frozen cherries or blueberres or peaches (I always add splenda and vanilla)

-1 piece high quality dark chocolate

-Baked sweet potato w/ a sprinkle of sugar (or splenda) and cinnamon

-Diet hot chocolate made with Decaf coffee instead of water (sometimes I add a little peppermint extract)

I've got lots more, but you get the idea. As you can tell I crave salty and crunchy in the afternoons and sweet at night. I just bought a new cooking magazine, I'll check it out and share the good stuff.

I have more info to share with you as my phys ed instructor talked to me today, but I have to go pick up a kiddo so I'll do it later. I'll also post the recipes I talked about above. I'm seriously thinking of starting our own recipe thread. Anyway.....

P.S. I am so sorry that my posts always seem to be so long. I'm sort of a talker in life, but it really stands out more to me here! Sorry :laugh: