Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Hey Yvonne.. Wow when it rains it pours eh? I am so sorry to hear about the job loss.... Those are never easy. You're doing the right thing by taking your frustrations out in exercise :redface: I hope your foot has healed well and you will continue to be able to progress in a work out routine.

Hows your restriction?

Guest Leslie2Lose

HI Yvonne - thanks for giving us an update. At least you are up and moving again. Take it easy and don't overdo! I'm sorry to hear about your job loss. Hope things continue to improve for you.

Hi ladies!

L2L- I'm okay, a little tight for my liking, but I'm trying to get used to it and work with it. I have really tried to beef up my calorie intake and not with just soup! I struggle a little, but if I don't improve in a few weeks, I might ask for more to come out.

Today though, I got on the scale and lost 1 pound!! WOO HOO! It's been over a month since I've seen anything move, so I am estatic. Could this mean I've pushed through my plateau???? Oh please, please, please let that be true! If I actually start to really lose again, I'm not changing my fill or anything.

Maybe it's the exercise? Not sure what it is, but I'll take it.

Welcome Yvonne!

~C

That's super dee dooper awesome Turler!!! 1 pound is 1 pound and they all add up the same. Great job and you probably pushed through that plateau keep up the great work!

L2L - Today is somewhat better. I still feel like I'm eating WAY too much, but hubby says I'm really not. He has been a lifesaver. Only two day till my fill:) YEAH! It's right at lunch time so I'm not even thinking about that as a day to wait. I can't wait to be tight again!!!

So, you like Zumba? My gym has just started offering it along with spin classes. I'm going to start them both this week. SPin is on Thursday morning and Zumba on Saturday. I just hope I can keep up!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Oh man I don't think I could keep up with the spin class and I ride my bike to work on and off for a total of 12-13 miles. That would kill me to ride like they do... The treadmills at my gym face the spin class room. I think it's phsycological to get you moving more on the treadmill lol

I would love to try zumba I wish I knew one locally and or had a friend to go.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Girl - good luck with spinning. I've tried it three times. All three my butt hurt for days. I'm told it helps if you have a special pair of exercise shorts designed just for the bicycle. I hate to say I quit - but I did...it was just too painful for my tailbones. I hate, hate, hate, spin class. That's just me. I hope you like it though - it is a good workout.

Now Zumba - I love it! It's fun and the time really does fly by. It works my legs and hips (like I said earlier - I need those areas worked). A lot of ab work is done too - twisting and torso work. Let me know how you like it.

This is a stupid question and probably the age old one....

they calculate that I need to eat 1500 to maintain my weight at 215 with a sedentary lifestyle. So why when I eat 1200 calories and burn 500 in exercise I don't lose!)&*()*(!&!!!

Brandy- I wanna know the answer too. This part really frustrates me. The way I see it, we all should be MELTING!

L2L- Okay, you wore me down. I went to thedailyplate.com and low and behold...I WAS ALREADY A MEMBER!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL Apparently the last time I logged was 5/13 and it was only 1 thing. Too funny. But I went ahead and logged some food for today and I made it public so you can see. Oh...and FYI...it took me a half an hour to log 4 items!!! Good grief.

MOM- Hang in there chica. This too shall pass! I didn't like the Zumba (sorry Leslie). Those moves confuse me and I already am a Weeble at this stage so all that bouncing around was not good for the remaining structure of my breasts or my eye sockets! LOL I may attempt it again someday in the future, but I think I will be more inclined to get on a stationary bike and try a spinning class first! Besides, the images in the mirror on the wall were very disturbing. Can't bring myself to see that again for sometime.

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Turler - you don't look in the mirror - it'll blind you!!!! There are people in there bigger than me and I look like an idiot trying to dance...I'm really terrible, but I try to have fun. I guess that's why they have different classes - what is good for the goose isn't good for the gander. You are not a weeble - silly girl!

LOL...I love it!

Hey everyone...I've got a request. My very best friend in the whole wide world got banded in September. She is new to the site (on my urging of course), and would like to join our group. Does anyone mind if she isn't an April Avenger??? Her name is Lori and you all will LOVE her!

~C

Absolutely!! Tell her to jump in anytime!

Okay guys, I feel totally disgusting today. I feel fat and just icky! I've been feeling so good about myself, but not today. Still hanging onto that 1.5 pounds gained. Do you guys ever have days like that? Days where you just want to put a sack over your head and a giant garbage bag around your body so no one can see you? Or is it just me? ICK!!! Probably doesn't help that I ate a giant candy bar last night. And I wonder why I can't loose the poundage? Duh!!!

L2L - Does your back feel better today?

Brandy - I'm not loosing either! Hang in there girl!

Hope you guys all have a great evening. I'm gonna get on the treadmill for a little while before we go to dinner!

Turler she is more than welcome to have a friend join. I believe anyone can be on any thread. The more the merrier :D

Hey guys!

Turler - tell your friend to jump aboard! Warn her about our whining days so we don't scare her off:) LOL @ the reasons for no Zumba...my chest is in sad shape. Going from a 48DD to now a 38C, you can immagine. If I got these things near anyone while dancing around, I'd put their eye out!!! I really think surgery might be in the future. I lost so much fat there that they remind me of that kid's song, "Do your ears hang low?"

L2L - I am scared to death of spinning. The teacher said that she is only doing 30 minute sessions to get everyone ready for it. The gym did purchase specialty gel bike seats and they are supposed to help. I hope they do. I didn't make it to the Zumba class because I pulled my back the other day and didn't see me doing the moves in pain. I did talk to some newbies who went and they weren't impressed. Said the teacher was a little too all over the place, but I am going to try it. We're also trying a new boot camp class Saturday. I heard that this can kick your tail but also really rev up weight loss...I'm willing to try anything at this point to get the scales moving again.

Well, tomorrow is the BIG DAY...REFILL!!!!!!!! I am so excited, I can't wait. You'd think it was Christmas. I am actually more excited than I was first having the surgery. Restriction, here I come!!!!

Congrats on the fill tomorrow! That's super awesome :eek: I can't wait to hear a great report and I am sure the scale will begin moving and you will be in the 170's in no time!