Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Brandy LOL! - When we get to 199 we can go back and tell them we weigh 150 and get new pics taken! - a new goal! ROFL...

Brandy LOL! - When we get to 199 we can go back and tell them we weigh 150 and get new pics taken! - a new goal! ROFL...

I just have to always tell a little white lie on my license always when it comes to weight... Even when I was about 150-160 I would put 130 or 140 lol

LOL about the licenses! My picture and weight (132lbs - ha!) are still the ones from where I had mine changed when I got married 14 years ago! Now that's a goal:)

Brandy - way to go on hitting your monthly goal! I'm with you on the small goals...it only takes a few small goals to add up to one BIG one!

Woa Bea - LOOKING GOOD!

Love seeing pictures of everyone! It makes it more real to see where we all were and where we are now! Keep it up!!!

Thanks guys, yall are sweet! And yes, I'm much happier. Isn't sad that we all look so miserable in our "before" pics. My mom in law told me that the last pics we took as a family (Feb 08) I looked as if I wished I could disappear.

Okay, one more NSV and I promise I'll stop talking about myself! I've been working on my 5K time, nothing organized like couch to 5K but just doing it on my own. I got my time down to 40 minutes today! I know it's not a great time, but it's my personal best. I've been doing it in 45 min which means not running the entire time. I really think if I applied myself I could get it below 40 minutes. Anyway, it makes me happy! LOL!

I have a horrible license pic from a long time ago too. I think I was almost 260 in that pic. And of course it says something like 200lbs also! LOL! I can only imagine the whoppers those people behind the counters hear! Ha! I have to have mine renewed this December. Maybe I'll be honest this time? Nah, probably not! LOL!!

Congrats on your goal Brandy! Excellent job!

Gwenn - You are so pretty. I hope you enjoy your holiday.

Bea- Congrats and that's awesome on your time. Honestly I haven't timed myself but I can't run the whole time. But just think where were we 2 years ago or 1 year ago. Could we have even made it for the whole 5k even crawling? I would of thought it was torture at it's worst form haha.

Now what I do to start my run off is I run 50 walk 25 run 50 walk 25. I do that over and over till I am running more and more and barely walking. I can even breathe! Before I would feel like I was gonna puke and I couldnt breathe if I walked a mile haha.

Bea- How do you post thumbnails to the posts? I found the album thing on personal profile, but am lame and need step by step for anything like this. THanks. AND IT SHOWS!

Gwenn - When you hit the blue reply button, scroll down under the text box there is a button that says Manage Attachments. You can browse your computer files and find the pic you want, then hit upload. Close this box. when you submit your reply, they should be there. And thanks for the kind words.

I have something that's kind of off topic. I was completely mortified this afternoon when I went to Old Navy. I was hoping to find a couple pair of jeans on clearance for $10 each or less to get by... well I have attached a pic of the ladies section.

post-225533-13813137672867_thumb.jpg

Seriously?!? WTH? Although, I have to admit that picture looks exactly like my closet right now, but in my defense I don't get paid to keep it picked up!

Seriously?!? WTH? Although, I have to admit that picture looks exactly like my closet right now, but in my defense I don't get paid to keep it picked up!

haha that's funny cause mine usually looks like that too. But you expect to find clothes hung up and orderly if you're gonna buy them. Most of the store looked like this and no one was doing anything to fix it. It was such a shocker lol

I didn't buy anything because I was so frustrated with how full all the racks were, having to step over clothes, and nothing where it was suppose to be.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okay, one more NSV and I promise I'll stop talking about myself! I've been working on my 5K time, nothing organized like couch to 5K but just doing it on my own. I got my time down to 40 minutes today! I know it's not a great time, but it's my personal best. I've been doing it in 45 min which means not running the entire time. I really think if I applied myself I could get it below 40 minutes. Anyway, it makes me happy! LOL!

Okay girl, wasn't it you a couple of weeks ago that told me you couldn't run? Hmmmm? Was that you? Wow! I'm so proud of you. Me, I quit the C25K myself and am now doing my own thing too. I got stuck at week 4 and couldn't move forward. Talk away - you look great girl!

Brandy - I'd multi-quote here, but am being lazy. I do my own thing...Run for a bit, walk for a bit - with my music going. Do ya'll run with music? Here's my playlist (I'm still on the C25K thread, we had them posted - thought it'd be fun to share):

Shook Me - AC/DC

Gimmie Two Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Some Beach - Blake Shelton

Crazy - Aerosmith

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns & Roses

Jump - Van Halen

Doctor Feelgood - Motley Crue

Beautiful - Christina Agulerra

Bitch - Can't remember that girls name...LOL

Sweet Child of Mind - Guns & Roses

All Summer Long - Kidd Rock

Moulin Rogue - (collaboration - Pink, Christina, etc.)

Walk this Way - Aerosmith

Ironic - Alanis Morisette

Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie

Mama said knock you out - LL Cool J

Umbrella - Rihanna

Fly - Sugar Ray

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cindy Lauper

Okay girl, wasn't it you a couple of weeks ago that told me you couldn't run? Hmmmm? Was that you? Wow! I'm so proud of you. Me, I quit the C25K myself and am now doing my own thing too. I got stuck at week 4 and couldn't move forward. Talk away - you look great girl!

Brandy - I'd multi-quote here, but am being lazy. I do my own thing...Run for a bit, walk for a bit - with my music going. Do ya'll run with music? Here's my playlist (I'm still on the C25K thread, we had them posted - thought it'd be fun to share):

Shook Me - AC/DC

Gimmie Two Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Some Beach - Blake Shelton

Crazy - Aerosmith

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns & Roses

Jump - Van Halen

Doctor Feelgood - Motley Crue

Beautiful - Christina Agulerra

Bitch - Can't remember that girls name...LOL

Sweet Child of Mind - Guns & Roses

All Summer Long - Kidd Rock

Moulin Rogue - (collaboration - Pink, Christina, etc.)

Walk this Way - Aerosmith

Ironic - Alanis Morisette

Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie

Mama said knock you out - LL Cool J

Umbrella - Rihanna

Fly - Sugar Ray

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cindy Lauper

Wow were probably about the same age? haha that's hillarious we have alot of the same tastes in music. I wish I had one set list but I dont. I would say lately I have had about 90% of my play lists set as White stripes. I am not sure what it is about them maybe because it's a female drummer and I can connect with her.

But seriously Moulin rouge gets stuck in my head once I hear it i will sing for weeks... Now I gotta go download it and stick it on my Pod.

On a side note here in Eugene were know as one of the best running cities and have the best trails for it (because were the home of the great prefontaine) I was just curious do you guys run on the pavement, bike trails, running trails etc?

I have been using this getting well as a chance to keep my border collie in shape. He loves to run right next to me and for that he is becoming super obedient on his leash. My bulldog on the other hand just likes to float around in his pool on his floaty... He isn't much for moving around! Heres some pics just cause I don't have enough work to keep me busy haha

post-225533-13813137673029_thumb.jpg

post-225533-13813137673204_thumb.jpg

LOL! That wasn't me, nope, uh uh! Thanks for the kind words! I'd quit for a while too. I just couldn't get into it for some reason, then I started noticing I could go longer without feeling like I was going to die. I think my two Phys Ed classes are really helping with that. Then when I saw how close I was today to doing it in 40 min I ran for all I was worth. And yes, I felt like I might die!!! Now that I've done it, I want to do it better. That's my competitive streak coming out for sure.

I have similar music on my ipod as well. Although I tend to listen to mostly Metallica when I run. What can I say? It's a holdover from my misspent youth! LOL! :cool2: Besides, it's fast paced and gets me going. Today I watched an episode of Without A Trace. Sometimes with just the music, I get bored.

Brandy - I would complain about the store. That's ridiculous! I wouldn't even go to the manager, I'd go over his/her head. You've got proof, send the pic.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ya'll I have some Metallica too - LOL...I didn't list every one. DH surprised me and added some Lita Ford and Joan Jett - that was pretty cool this morning too. I have a lot of Heart's old music too (Baracuta one of my all time favs).

Brandy - your dogs are too cute. Looks like the bulldog has it made! My kind of life. It's nice to have someone to run with though.

Bea - yea most of my music is from my youth as well...ah the good ole days. Tight rolled jeans, blue sparkle eyeshadow and scrunchies (I still have those) - LOL.

Thanks guys! You make me feel so good!

Cutie - call the Dr right away! Not to scare you but that was going on with me about two weeks ago and things got worse fast...don't take any chances. Believe it or not, Dr's would rather you call than see you in the hospital:)

Looks like you've been doing good! Try to get some excercise in any way you can. I know things get hectic and busy but you will see and feel a difference. I started out with a mini-tramp using it while watching my TV shows at night. I loved it and it works out everything! We're pulling for you, just keep up the good work!!!

Ladies,

Thank you all or your responses. I will call the doctor immediately and will post the finding as soon as I get in. Thanks again!! I appreciate the support.

LOL at your music! I don't think I am showing my age with mine though...I LOVE the 70's disco;) (way before my time - ha ha!) But I also have lots of Duran Duran, Wham and the other cheesey 80's stuff - that sure takes me back to high school. But I do love my Pink too - her hard rocking makes me want to work more.

My daughter gets so imbarassed because when her friends are in the car and no matter what music is on, I'll sing it!