Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

88keyz

Wow! I'm glad they got you going again! My problem is that I am able to eat plenty! I don't know that an unfill would help. I'm hungry too. Maybe I need a fill.

~C

Oh Carol! Do you know what I ate - here's some accountability:

1/2 bag of cheetos (puffs), 1 can of cheese pringles, 8 - yes 8 hush puppies (with tons of ketchup), 1 bag of wild-cherry M&M's, 1 Hotdog, 1 small bag of regular cheetos, big dill pickle (from the race saturday night), Diet Dr. Pepper (I know better - I know), popcorn with extra butter, pulled pork, Fried Dill Pickles (with Ranch Dressing), Peanut Butter, Milk...yep I think that's about it. Sigh. Now you know. This was this past weekend.

See I bet you feel better now :-)

Wow... sounds like you fell off the wagon and then it backed up and ran over ya... :rolleyes: But really... you cant expect to be 'good' 7x24 or you will go crazy. Ya gotta live a little but then get up and climb back on the wagon and pay the piper. We are all human.

Gee.. never heard of wild cherry m&m's.... My son got a big tub of trail mix with m&m, choco chips and all sorts of good (i mean bad) stuff... I must admit, ive dipped a few handfuls :tt2: and they were good.

Question....

Can you guys feel it when the food squeezes thru the band? Since my last fill, I can really feel solid stuff (but well chewed) as it moves thru the restriction. It doesnt really hurt... but its not confortable. I can still eat more than seems right but I cant imagine the band being any tighter.

Don I have felt that feeling...usually when I am bad and take a drink too early after eating lol. But yes I can feel the food go thru my band and I know I am not at my restriction I need. I go next week for a fill. I just get frustrated cuz I have lost 33 pounds and was hoping it would of been more by now but hey at least I am keeping that 33 pounds off.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Don - (gasp) I somehow deleted my subscription to this thread...I clean up way too much - LOL...yea I fell off the wagon then it ran me over! Great analogy. I'm doing better now though. That's one good thing about the band - you can always start over and I didn't ever PIG out, I just ate the wrong things.

I can feel food going down sometimes. It usually happens if I eat a little too much or don't chew well enough. Happened today at lunch - I can usually do rice. Not today. I had problems with it and I could feel it. It is uncomfortable and weird.

Well this journey is a long and sometimes bumpy one and I knew that when I signed up. But everytime I think I find the sweet spot I lose for a couple weeks then BAM! I hit a wall.

I am at the right restriction I can tell. I must sip Water when I drink, food gets stuck if I don't chew well, I can only eat 1/4 -1/2 cup, I cant remember the last time I had a hunger pang..

I work out 30 minutes to 1 hour a day so I don't really think I need to up that.

I have been logging my food since the start and I still get 72-100 oz of water a day and atleast 55+ grams of Protein per day. I have tried lowering my calories and upping them to no avail.

So what am I doing wrong? I have lost ~48 I know that is a good amount. The only thing I am concerned about is I have lost only 8 pounds now in over 2 months.

While I am very happy that I am not gaining I am a little frustrated with this current lack of loss and had to get it off my chest. I think I learned my lesson of declaring that I hit my sweet spot lol

Guest Leslie2Lose

Brandy - I hit that same wall (not including my lapse of judgement this past weekend). However, I haven't lost consistantly. I'm more like a yo-yo for a while (2-3 weeks) then will have a big drop (5-6 pounds). I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Try changing things up - add some calories or change your exercise routine. Take a break (healthy - not falling off the wagon) for a day or so. I think our bodies get used to routine...sometimes we just need a change.

L2L- Just read your weekend update and it had me LOL!!! So much so that my hubby even asked what was so funny:) It must be in the air...I'm jealous though. I haven't had a hot dog since surgery and the Varsity used to be my favorite place to eat but it is no more. I have been eating way too many chips for the last few days, but TOM came today and answered that craving. But when we fall, it just means we get up, learn from it and keep going!

Brandy - we all hit those walls. But it looks like you are doing all the right things so keep up the good work! I agree with L2L...changing the littlest things can sometimes give us the push we need. I started alternating 4 minute walking w/ 1 minute runs on the treadmill and then other days doing increasing inclines and that helped! Actually have lost 5lbs in a week since changing. Your body does get in a rut so switch it up with something new! Good luck. Keep us posted.

I just want to tell you all how much I love you!

I love that we are here for eachother! I think that L2L, Brandy and I are facing the same wall. Darn that wall! I start exercising, and I gain. What's up with that? Don't know. I will keep fooling with the food and keep my calories under control and I'm sure the weight will come off.

~C

Edited by Turler

My surgeon offers a support group to his patients. They are facilitated by the clinical psychologists he uses for psych evals. I haven't been in a long time and I only went a couple of times at that. If you have this benefit, I highly recommend them. I've been feeling crummy about myself because I feel stuck. It was very uplifting to discuss this with strangers. I don't know why. Besides they gave a lot of good advice. They were so impressed at my 40 pound loss. One lady, who I figure is a couple years younger than me, was celebrating her one year bandiversary and had lost 65 pounds. It made me realize just how well I am doing to have lost 40 in just 5 months.

I even had a lady come up to me after the meeting and tell me how beautiful I am and that I just glow and to not beat myself up. Basically count my blessings. It was so moving to have someone I don't even know say such nice things to me. I left thinking that if total strangers can find joy in my success, why can't I? The clinical psychologist had me pegged in about a minute. She asked me if I was a perfectionist. Duh! :thumbup: Anyway, they are a lovely group of people and I think I'll start going more often. Someone also suggested I be "selfish" one day a week and do something just for me. Not something I have to do, but something I want to do. Great advice!

I hope you all have a blessed day!

Good morning all. I tried not to weigh myself this morning but I couldn't help it :) No change.. Bleh.

So last night I watched the biggest loser premier for the first time. Does anyone watch that? I don't get it. How in the heck did some of the people lose almost 30 pounds in a week? This is suppose to be a healthy way ?

DARN IT!!!!! I forgot about it last night. I love biggest loser and watch it every season!! Maybe they will run it again. I know, it's crazy the amount of weight some of them can loose. I'm killing myself with exercise and I gained a pound this week! WTH?!?

I watched Biggest Loser too! I'm with ya...I don't know how they do it and it just seems impossible! Why, why, why is it that I don't lose any weight when I work out? I have a band that only lets me eat as much as a bird and I haven't ever lost 30 pounds in a week!

Do you think it's because they use Body Buggs? LOL

~C

LOL! Maybe so Carol! Or maybe it's because they have Jillian or Cutie Patootie (I can't remember his name at the moment) screaming in their faces all day long! Maybe I should see if my husband will just stand over me while on the treadmill and scream at me at the top of his lungs! If I could loose 30 pounds by next week, I'm all for it!! :)

LOL! Maybe so Carol! Or maybe it's because they have Jillian or Cutie Patootie (I can't remember his name at the moment) screaming in their faces all day long! Maybe I should see if my husband will just stand over me while on the treadmill and scream at me at the top of his lungs! If I could loose 30 pounds by next week, I'm all for it!! :)

:lol:Yeah...let me know how that works for ya! If you lose 30, then I'm in!

Seriously, I really don't get it. I have heard that they work out several hours a day. Like really insane working out. I know their meals are controlled and they can't cheat if it's not there. I think the old 'ranch' was awesome, but that dorm style they used last year was more like jail. Maybe they can't leave to get snacks! Maybe they do situps for bites of food! LOL

I'm goin' with the Bugg...it just has to be it. It's expensive and probably time consuming, but I can see how that would be motivating. It tells you all these crazy numbers of calories you burn just by breathing and how many calories away from losing a pound you are and all kinds of other fancy stuff. *sigh* I want a Bugg too!! Hmph...just talked myself right into wanting one! LOL