Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Welcome all you new AVENGERS! It's good to see everyone so active. I am improving every day. I am still hungry, but was given the "go ahead" to thicken things up a little to hopefully make me feel better. I DO feel better and it doesn't take but the 2 oz allowed to fill me up! It's amazing! I loved my band long before I got it, but I can see something special developing here! LOL

~C

yes those shots sound worse than they are ...i had 4 of them....they sting afterwards....i had my band done in pittsburgh....i was on a wing that all it was was banding or bypass...the nurses were well informed...i also had the pleasure of a pain pump....i hit it and the pain meds went in....that was nice...my dr put me on roxicet liquid pain meds...that really helped when i was home....It took about 3 days to be off the pain meds...and about a week to be feeling better. I was banded 4/4 and i feel great today....I was allowed Jello on my liquid diet.....good luck to you

What was it? Lovenox? (blood thinner) That was the only shot that I had.

I feel sorry for you folks who had a lot of pain. Surgery is different for everyone and the pain affects everyone differently. It really bugs me that some of your doctors were so stingy with the pain meds. A lot of doctors think they know how you are feeling but, you are the only one who knows that.

I have been on morphine for a week before, as well as other people I know and they we had no problem quitting it, although everyone handles it differently. I wish doctors could feel the same pain their patients feel, then they might be a bit more sypathetic.

Hooray for pain meds!!!!!!!!!

Better living by chemistry........

The chicken broth Soup I promised...

3-4Chicken breast/skinless/ boneless..trimmed of all fat. Two big onions, cut in half, a whole fresh garlic, all the cloves peeled, no need to cut them up. (or you could use the already peeled in a jar), about a 4 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut up. Salt to taste.

Put everything in a large pot, fill with Water. Bring to a boil and then let simmer about 45 min-1 hr. The size of the vegetables doesn't matter. If you like the taste of ginger, add more.

There's no way to mess this up, it's great every time.

strain and enjoy great tasting broth without all the added salt a bouillon has. This recipe is used in the philippines if they had the ingredients to stop vomiting and sooth upset stomachs.

enjoy

I guess I'm luckier than most. I didn't have any shots in my stomach (unless they did them after they knocked me out) and my pain has been minimal. I had a darvocet before I left the hospital, and just x-strength tylenol now that I'm home.

letschat- thanks for the recipe. I think I'll go cook some up right now!

:tt1:

Hi, I was banded on 4-14-08. Gas pains initially, but they are better.

36_17_1.gif Had to register at the hospital today and met the people in out patient surgery, what a great crew. 36_11_6.gif I'm actually more excited now and less nervous. Well maybe only a little less. 36_19_3.gif Any suggestions on food shopping for the next 3 weeks . 12_4_60.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNfox000April 21,2008

Edited by DANDY75

Dandy75 I would buy some organic chicken broth to keep on hand. you can have broth its on the Clear Liquids list as well as use them for a base when you thicken up your soups/foods. I also like crystal light drinks.

O.k. I am hungry! I can't help it as much I want to tell myself I am not I am. I can drink as much as I want and I don't feel full ever. Truthfully I wanted food the day of surgery, I know it's unusual most aren't interested in food at all. Is there something wrong with me. I am aloud anything that can be sipped through a straw but I can't use a straw. My discharge papers say drink only 4-6 oz at time stop when you fell full but what if you never feel full? I know this will change but it is hard to stay positive at times like this. Maybe my Vitamins are great. Anyone have vitamins they recommend?

Well 6 days to go till band day for me. Don't even want to hear about pain right now, cause I'm sure there will be some. Will keep you posted.

Dandy75 I would buy some organic chicken broth to keep on hand. you can have broth its on the clear liquids list as well as use them for a base when you thicken up your soups/foods. I also like crystal light drinks.

O.k. I am hungry! I can't help it as much I want to tell myself I am not I am. I can drink as much as I want and I don't feel full ever. Truthfully I wanted food the day of surgery, I know it's unusual most aren't interested in food at all. Is there something wrong with me. I am aloud anything that can be sipped through a straw but I can't use a straw. My discharge papers say drink only 4-6 oz at time stop when you fell full but what if you never feel full? I know this will change but it is hard to stay positive at times like this. Maybe my Vitamins are great. Anyone have vitamins they recommend?

I can't remember what day you were banded? The 10th? I was on the 10th and was very hungry pretty much from like day 2. I followed the rules, but was miserable for until day 5 when I asked my doctor and dietician why I was so hungry. They both said "oh, most people aren't hungry, but go ahead and advance to"...blah, blah, blah. I felt so much better almost immediately. I am SO GLAD I ASKED!!!!! Please talk to your doctor. Just call. The worst they could say is NO!!

~C