Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

:thumbup:April Avengers hello I was band on April 1 and everything is good

I was banded on the 4th by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. I'm extremly happy!! I'm healing nicely, losing weight, and feeling great. I'm pretty tired of liquids but, hey, every day on them is one less left to be on them.

Good luck to all!!

:biggrin:

hi everyone, I so glad to hear those of you that have had the surgery already are doing well. I'm scheduled to have mine on 4/29. I'm pretty much done wtih all my pre-op stuff except meeting with my pcp who gives the clearance in my state and my surgion after that insurance approval and smooth sailing. I hopefully won't have a problem with my insurance since i've kept in good contact with them about the process the whole time. I'm just so excited about this whole thing being over with and my new life starting. I wanted to ask some people what there post-op diet consists of my bariatric group requires Clear Liquids 2days pre-op then 4 weeks liquid post then 2 weeks mushies and then slowley add solid food back one at a time. so i'm not going to be chewing food for almost 7 weeks. seems crazy and impossible since i've never stuck to any diet that long at least not without cheating. but I don't want to compramise my health so i'm hopeing I will be good. well anyway i'm rambeling good luck to all of you.

Hello fellow April Bandsters!

I GOT BANDED on the 10th! Everything went well with the surgery. I'm home and doing fine. I can't wait to heal to see how all this works!

Good luck everyone. Keep checkin' in!

~C

I like April Avengers!! I am so excited 48 hours or less & I will be in! :lol: Mine is scheduled for the 14th in Columbia, MO. Was anyone else worried about the drugs they give you during the operation? The anesthesia? NOt coming back alive? I hate it when they have to explain these things & possibilities to you.....but where will I end up if I do not have this surgery to help me?

I have been on liquids for 13 days. I have to admit I cheated with about a 1/4 c of ramen noodle thingies on day 9...what in the world got into me? Dang.... food. BUt after that all has been liquid stuff!! Anyone else do that? I feel soooo bad:frown:.... BUt therapy is helping me "head hunger" and real hunger..... So I am on a learning curve.

I have not weighed but my underwear is not rolling down as soon as I put 'em on!! I pea every hour! Anyone else care to share the experience of a 14 day liquid diet? I found a great mix it is called Myolean by Myogenix. It has a 7:1 Protein ratio. Its decent as these things go, but I can not wait to have a mushie. Any one else use babyfood or toddler food in the beginning of mushy? Thanks for letting me vent & ask questions :lol: LoraLei

I like April Avengers!! I am so excited 48 hours or less & I will be in! :lol: Mine is scheduled for the 14th in Columbia, MO. Was anyone else worried about the drugs they give you during the operation? The anesthesia? NOt coming back alive? I hate it when they have to explain these things & possibilities to you.....but where will I end up if I do not have this surgery to help me?

LoraLei, I do worry bout being put under anesthesia only because I have severe obstructive apnea. I won't even take Nyquil anymore for fear of not being able to wake up. So that is my biggest fear not waking up because of my apnea.

April 30, 2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo excited, but also really nervous now.

It's all worth it though!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

LoraLei, I do worry bout being put under anesthesia only because I have severe obstructive apnea. I won't even take Nyquil anymore for fear of not being able to wake up. So that is my biggest fear not waking up because of my apnea.

You are on CPAP right? As for surgery, you don't have to worry about apnea (which I have too) because you will be intubated and there is no danger from your airway collapsing. You will probably be awake immediately after the surgery before you leave the O.R. (at least I was for my gall bladder) so you should not be sleeping at any time without some sort of breathing assistance.

My apnea is not severe, but I have a CPAP and was told to bring the machine for recovery.

I am getting banded on April 25th as well. Started Optifast on Friday and feel pretty low today. Looking at your twelve day ticker helped me realize it isn't too far away. Good luck.

I have apnea as well. I will be brining mine to the hospital with me for recovery. I hope my apnea will go away sometime this year, the sooner the better. I HATE wearing it!! Not too attractive either, LOL!!

You know, you could just string a little lace around it and voila! SEXY!! LOL

That's what I told my DH I was gonna do with mine! I can't wait to get rid of mine too.

~C

Hi all,

My friend and I are flying to Mexico and being banded on Monday 4/21...that's 8 days away. OMG! This week is going to go by sooooo slowly. Running out today to pick up some important take-along items, gas-x strips, some bouillon cubes, crystal light take along packs, etc....

Barb