Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Tell me about the April Avengers glitter thing someone.

You can right click on the image in any of these posts, copy it, then go to edit signature on your page and paste it onto your signature.

Welcome to the April Avengers!

Hey guys I got my date! April 18th yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am off to the hospital for my surgery! Wish me luck!

Hey guys I got my date! April 18th yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go girl, I am so happy for you. My surgery is April 8th.

Congrats Kara, I go on the 16th! Good luck ColoradoChick! Keep us posted.

My surgery is in 11 days! I can't believe it! I'm so ready, but last night I had my first attack of "what the heck am I doing?". I was a little surprised by that reaction because I've felt so good about my choice. I still think it's the right choice for me, but I think it's finally sinking in that I am about to change my life forever! I'm ready and I have no doubt it will be the best thing I will ever do for myself. I can't wait! Good luck all April Avengers! I can't wait to hear how all of you are doing!

Good Luck ColoradoChick! I'm thinking of you! Check back with us as soon as you can!

Hey, is anyone else on their preop liquid diet? If so, are you feeling a little bitchy? I am. I'm not hungry, just bitchy/irritable.

~C

Any advice on what works better w/preparing drinks/meal prep?

Any tools that anyone has that would be a must have to help aide in the new life change?

Thank you,

Jennifer:thumbup:

Bariatric eating.com says a food processor can do everything a blender can do, but a blender cant do everything a food processor does. If you cant have both, I would go for the processor.

Hey, is anyone else on their preop liquid diet? If so, are you feeling a little bitchy? I am. I'm not hungry, just bitchy/irritable.

~C

OMG BIG TIME ROYAL BITCH!! I catch myself snapping at my kids & my pets for no reason & then I feel soooo bad after I open my mouth! I have apologized so many times in the last 4 days!

Oh thank God I'm not alone!!! It feels awful doesn't it? I feel so bad, but I seem to have NO TOLERANCE for just about anything. I just want to be left alone! I hate this feeling. I hope I don't stay bitchy after surgery! Do you think it's all the Protein, or the lack of chewing?

Good Luck ColoradoChick! I'm thinking of you! Check back with us as soon as you can!

~C

Yep, I'm definitely bitchy and basically just in no mood to put up with crap from anyone. Good thing I live alone. :-)

How are you doing with the preop diet? My Doc said first week 1 meal a day with the rest Protein Drinks and the second week just Protein drinks, but I'm finding it easier to just do the drinks. It seems like if I start eating I don't want to stop, but after a couple days of just drinks, I'm no longer hungry.

I am only doing 1 week of liquid diet. No meals that involve chewing or actual eating. I have to drink 6 Protein Shakes a day and can have Jello, broth, etc. I was really worried that I'd die during this phase (considering I am fat and I like to eat), but I was really surprised that I wasn't hungry. I think the Protein is great in that regard, but I don't like being so mean. I am scheduled for surgery on Thursday and can have 'applesauce' consistency right away (after discharge from hospital). I don't think I'd want to eat either...I wouldn't want to stop. Carbs make you hungry, so probably better not to have the choice.

~C

Im now the proud owner of an Allergan AP LapBand :biggrin2:. Surgery went great. Overnight stay in the hospital and was discharged around noon today. Pain/Discomfort hasnt been bad and seems to be mostly due to GAS both upper and lower. Walking is starting to move that gas along and pain/discomfort is dropping significantly. One thing that is very cool is that Im not hungry at all. No stomach growling... no craving... Im loving it.

dsK, Awesome!! I am getting the same band Allergan AP. I am excited but very nervous. My doctor said I didnt have to drink the Protein Shakes 1 week before but it would help the surgery. So I am going to start Monday. Not excited about that part of it.

Hey guys, I'm being banded on April23rd, I'm getting the Realize band. Will keep you posted