Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Cubs Girl - I have to tell you that I was in your shoes before I went to the gym. I live in a small town and there is only one gym so everyone goes there. No matter how much I wanted to hide, I couldn't. BUT after going and getting involved, I learned that everyone who was there was in the same boat - even though some had more to lose than others.

I joined an aerobics group, full of women much smaller than me, but something wonderful happeded...I began pushing myself to keep up with them! It was wonderful when I even realized I was able to do some things better than them! Plus, they noticed my accomplishments and pushed me on. We are all there for one another.

Now, when one of us misses a day or skips class to do something else, we ask about eachother and keep up with one another. That has helped me to realize that no, they weren't judging me but I was judging myself. Once I stopped, I was able to enjoy working out and push myself to do my best!

So, take the plunge. You'll be proud of that first step and from there, the challenges get easier and easier!

CC - Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm excited for you to meet your end of year goal. With all the set backs you've had, I'm so glad you kept going. Even before I started posting, you encouraged me when I was having a bad day / week!

Water aerobics is a good idea. I think I'll see if there's any local program near my house.

Thanks CG!

It is nice to know that I encourage someone! :lol:

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and actually weighed 204.9. I went back to bed and woke up at 6 and was back at 205. lol I think I need a frequent weigher intervention!

Give water aerobics a try. I especially like the deep water variety. You work your butt off and do not feel it until you get home. I sleep like a baby after a session! :wink_smile:

Cubs Girl - I have to tell you that I was in your shoes before I went to the gym. I live in a small town and there is only one gym so everyone goes there. No matter how much I wanted to hide, I couldn't. BUT after going and getting involved, I learned that everyone who was there was in the same boat - even though some had more to lose than others.

I joined an aerobics group, full of women much smaller than me, but something wonderful happeded...I began pushing myself to keep up with them! It was wonderful when I even realized I was able to do some things better than them! Plus, they noticed my accomplishments and pushed me on. We are all there for one another.

Now, when one of us misses a day or skips class to do something else, we ask about eachother and keep up with one another. That has helped me to realize that no, they weren't judging me but I was judging myself. Once I stopped, I was able to enjoy working out and push myself to do my best!

So, take the plunge. You'll be proud of that first step and from there, the challenges get easier and easier!

Wow! That is an incredible support system you have found! It is so much easier to workout when you know someone is paying attention to your attendance! I have a neighbor who I met on this board and I hope once she heals more from surgery that we can exercise together!

There must be something in the air because I LOST 2lbs!!! It's about time.

Plus I was able to do 1 hour on the eliptical this morning:)

Congrats to you CC & Brandy for the losses as well!

Congrats on your loss!!

Congats everybody! Way to go. So, I'm two pounds from my year end goal! I was talking to my mom yesterday and she told me I weighed 150 - 155 in high school. I must have blocked that out :frown: I can't believe I weight that now.

I drank quite a bit of Water over the weekend. It's funny how when I stop losing weight or it doesn't come off very quickly I can back back and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I hope everybody had a great weekend. With my loss over the weekend I'm motivated to see the next two pounds disappear. Does anybody else feel self-conscious at the gym? I feel great on the bike and lifting weights. But, I haven't tried jogging on the treadmill yet. I've done the eliptical (sp) a few times but have gone slow (3.5 - 4). I guess I'm afraid I'll look like a fool. My husband is great and tells me not to worry about it. It's just that I haven't jogged or run since high school (17 years). Any advice? I know the first step is always the hardest! Thanks for your support ladies.

Wow 1 hour on Elliptical you're doing awesome. I would keel over! the 150's is awesome you're doing so well :w00t: I don't normally run on the treadmill at the gym. I do really fast walks and such. I reserve the jogging for the running trails we have around town here. When I am on task I run for a certain amount then walk, run, walk etc. helps to break up the routine.

Thanks CG!

It is nice to know that I encourage someone! :w00t:

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and actually weighed 204.9. I went back to bed and woke up at 6 and was back at 205. lol I think I need a frequent weigher intervention!

Give water aerobics a try. I especially like the deep water variety. You work your butt off and do not feel it until you get home. I sleep like a baby after a session! :angry_smile:

Wow there is someone else that wakes up and weighs themselves in the middle of the night! I too thought I was gonna need an intervention. Nice to see there's others like me. I even want a new scale for xmas.

Hello all! Glad to see this thread active again. I'm doing well and enjoying life. I've got finals this week and have been busy getting ready for those. I don't think I'm going to make my year end goal of 183, fairly certain I can't loose 10 pounds in three weeks :), but that's okay. I'm happier now than I've been in a long time. I start nursing school in January so I'm just thankful that I'm in decent shape so I can keep up and have the energy I'm gonna need just to get through it.

Congrats on everyone's weight loss. I haven't weighed this week yet, so hopefully I'm down another pound at least. My weight loss has slowed down to a crawl. I knew that would happen. I was hoping to be down 100 pounds by my bandiversary, but I'll be happy if I can get off 75 by then. Keep up the good work everyone! Every ounce adds up! :thumbup:

Happy Holidays!

Does anybody else feel self-conscious at the gym? I feel great on the bike and lifting weights. But, I haven't tried jogging on the treadmill yet. I've done the eliptical (sp) a few times but have gone slow (3.5 - 4). I guess I'm afraid I'll look like a fool. My husband is great and tells me not to worry about it. It's just that I haven't jogged or run since high school (17 years). Any advice? I know the first step is always the hardest! Thanks for your support ladies.

Cubs, I know how you feel. I was always self conscious about working out in front of people, especially men. I finally had to just tell myself it doesn't matter. I'm the only one who will suffer if I don't go. And like mom and your husband said, no one is probably even looking. I took two phys ed classes this semester and one was weight lifting. I was in there with all of these young, cute guys. I just finally sucked it up and did what I needed to do and you know what, they ended up being really nice and respectful. I also gained their respect by playing ultimate frisbee and the like. If I hadn't of done it, I would have missed out. Also, the fire academy cadets are on my campus, so it was a bonus going outside and running behind them! LOL!! :lol: I didn't care what they thought because the view was spectacular! :)

I've now begun running 5Ks, yesterday I did 5 1/2 miles. You are my age, so if I can do it, so can you!!! Just start somewhere. You might want to look into the couch potato to 5K (and I'm not insinuating that you are a couch potato, that's just the name of the program :thumbup:). It lets you build your endurance a little at a time. I could barely do a couple of minutes at a time when I started running again, now I can do 40+. I love running and I miss it if I skip a day or two. I used to dream (literally) about running again, and now I am. If I can help you in any way, please don't hesitate to PM me or leave a message here. Good luck!!

I just posted a before picture in my album. It was hard to look at really. I look and felt terrible! I am still obese but I have come a long way baby! I was at my highest weight in the pic - 280.

Hey CC. I was 271 when I started with this journey so I feel your pain. I can't stand to see my old pictures. You should post a current one in the april avengers strut your stuff if you haven't :)

Hey CC. I was 271 when I started with this journey so I feel your pain. I can't stand to see my old pictures. You should post a current one in the april avengers strut your stuff if you haven't :)

I took some today but I still feel so fat! I know in my heat that I have lost a lot of weight but my eyes still see yuck!!

I am going to make a combo before/after pic and I will post it. I am going to force myself to post it!!

The pictures are wonderful and you look fantastic CC. You should be so proud... just like everyone else on this thread. We have all worked so hard and this is just a tool not a miracle. Were all doing so well. I am so glad I was banded with such a great group of people!

Update. I am still 202 and so close to Onderland... stuck at 69 lost. To me though thats just amazing. It was only reccently I noticed the weight loss in the mirror.. even tho I started at wearing a 22 in womens I am in a 14 that is loose right not. I think we get used to seeing ourselves as fat and cant seem to shake it... I might have shaken it for just a moment because I saw a skinnier me! We will all get there were running a marathon though.

I hope to someday have a April Avenger get together somewhere in the world after were all a year or ,more out. I can't wait.

Congrats to all on your losses!!

The pictures are wonderful and you look fantastic CC. You should be so proud... just like everyone else on this thread. We have all worked so hard and this is just a tool not a miracle. Were all doing so well. I am so glad I was banded with such a great group of people!

Update. I am still 202 and so close to Onderland... stuck at 69 lost. To me though thats just amazing. It was only reccently I noticed the weight loss in the mirror.. even tho I started at wearing a 22 in womens I am in a 14 that is loose right not. I think we get used to seeing ourselves as fat and cant seem to shake it... I might have shaken it for just a moment because I saw a skinnier me! We will all get there were running a marathon though.

I hope to someday have a April Avenger get together somewhere in the world after were all a year or ,more out. I can't wait.

Congrats to all on your losses!!

I am curious - how tall are you?

Do any Avengers have Facebook? If you send me your name I will add you. I do not make my band public on the site some people know but the majority do not know.

quote]

Thanks Brandy! I know I have lost a lot and should be proud. It is difficult to not see fat still. Thanks for the great support!

I am curious - how tall are you?

I am 5'4" my initial goal is to weigh 160. That is still overweight but I was comfortable at that in high school. When I get to 160... I say WHEN not if lol... I will decide if I want to move to normal.

Update!

Good morning all :cursing: Hope you're having a great weekend. I hit 70lbs lost yesterday... omg I can't believe it. Although the weight loss is slow im beginning to be so proud that even 1 pound a week is awesome to me!!!

I have lost an equivalent of an Irish setter now according to the what have you lost thread.

Gotta go update my ticker!! :rolleyes2: