Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

haha I never thought of logging my computer work! I type all day long too. Mostly on here! JK

Anyway I wanna wish everyone a wonderful thanksgiving and a very safe one. This is our first one banded so remember take it slow chew, chew, chew and keep moving!

I am leaving town till Sunday and probably wont even be on the laptop much.

Gobble Gobble!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! I am so proud of all of us and just want to tell you all how thankful I am to have all of you!!!

God Bless

~Carol

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I am thankful for all of you band buddies!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! What a difference one year and the band makes! I actually enjoyed Thanksgiving with no guilt. Imagine that! Hope you are all well.

Good Morning! I just stepped on the scale this morning and I am down to 208!! Happy, happy, joy, joy! I hope I can be under 200 by January. I can hardly believe that I made it under 212! I have been at that weight for over two weeks!

Good job CC (ColoradoChick-If it's okay with you, I'll just call you CC?)!!!!

You have done very well with your band. What are you doing? Are you logging? Would you share your regimen?

Most of us struggle a little more than we'd like. We tried logging our food for a while. I can't speak for everyone, but I have fallen off the bandwagon on that one! I'm losing a little here and there, but not what I really want. I am sort of dreading all this holiday eating. I don't feel like I've conquered any of my brain habits this year. I'm still eager to eat whatever I can manage to get down. I'm so disappointed in myself.

I know it's not the end of the world or anything, I guess I just thought it was gonna be so much easier this year. Granted, I didn't eat near the portions I have in years past, but still. I went straight for the dessert because I knew it would go down without a fight!

~C

You have done very well with your band. What are you doing? Are you logging? Would you share your regimen?

Most of us struggle a little more than we'd like. We tried logging our food for a while. I can't speak for everyone, but I have fallen off the bandwagon on that one! I'm losing a little here and there, but not what I really want. I am sort of dreading all this holiday eating. I don't feel like I've conquered any of my brain habits this year. I'm still eager to eat whatever I can manage to get down. I'm so disappointed in myself.

I know it's not the end of the world or anything, I guess I just thought it was gonna be so much easier this year. Granted, I didn't eat near the portions I have in years past, but still. I went straight for the dessert because I knew it would go down without a fight!

~C

Hi C,

You can call me CC. :thumbup: I have not been perfect with my band at all. I think my only trick is trying to stay low carb. If I eat to many carbs I am doomed. I have just started logging on the daily plate and that seems to be helping me stay accountable to myself. I try to go for a walk every day. If not walking I do some FAST paced house cleaning. Power vacuuming and the like hehehehehe. Anything to keep me moving! :)

~MaryEllen

~C

Ive pretty much hit the wall myself.... Bummer. I believe the weather has a lot to do with it. Im not as active... sleeping more.... Im really not eating more: at least I dont think I am. Ive got only 28 to go to my total goal and Im not gonna quit. Its getting harder to get motivated to head for the gym and make myself sore though. Bring on April and Spring!!!! I had hoped to make goal by April but it doesnt seem likely. Nothing wrong with July though... :thumbup:

CC- Congrats on your losses so far. I am semi stalled... well I am in the random drop phase right now lol. I will lose 2 pounds one week then nothing the next then 1 etc on and on. I can't complain for how lazy I have been though lately. I too do house cleaning as an activity. If I have 5 things to take up stairs I will take 1 at a time so I have to go up 5 flights of stairs.

Carol- It's frustrating I know as we all have come to the point where it slows down and becomes more sporadic. We will all just hang in there together and reach our goals. Slower than some but that's ok. Luckily I have had this forum to vent :thumbup:

DSK- Oh man you have had a signifigant weight loss in such a short amount of time. I applaud you and keep up the great work!

I will give an update even though I am already getting long winded...

I did well over the holiday. I used to be a volume eater so holidays were horrible for me. I hate sweets thank god so I cut up my ham very tiny and mixed it in with cranberry sauce. Once I was able to get down about 2 oz of this I went back and had 2 tablespoons of stuffing (Very over cooked so it would go down) 1/2 a deviled egg, 3 olives, 1 baby carrot and a pea pod LOL doesn't sound like a lot but that's huge for me in one sitting. It had to be the most enjoyable holiday I have had... Because I wasn't obsessed with how much food I could get in and how soon I would be able to go back for 2nds! I didn't eat again till the next morning.

I drank my weight in wine though I think Jk! But I did have a few glasses.

I hope everyone elses holiday experience was great :)

Hi All. I've posted a few times, but mostly just read through your thoughts and experiences. Then I realized I need to get involved. I don't go to a local support group and was banded in Mexico, so being able to chat with (and read about) you really helps me.

Congrats to everybody on their weight loss to date. I was banded on April 11. I've lost 63 pounds so far, which I think is fabulous but not sure how it measures up with others. I have about 20 pounds to go to my final goal weight and have noticed it's not coming off as quickly anymore. Are others running in to this as well? My plan is to increase cardio and hopefully get that scale moving. I'm 4 pounds from my end of year goal and I really want to make it.

I read back through the past month or so and noticed a few people were discouraged or getting sick. I hope everyone is doing well. This is the best forum I've come across, as you all seem to genuinely care about each other. Thanks for letting me snoop for a few months. Now I'll do my best to encourage you as we continue on our weight loss journey.

I hope everybody has a wonderful week!!

Hi All. I've posted a few times, but mostly just read through your thoughts and experiences. Then I realized I need to get involved. I don't go to a local support group and was banded in Mexico, so being able to chat with (and read about) you really helps me.

Congrats to everybody on their weight loss to date. I was banded on April 11. I've lost 63 pounds so far, which I think is fabulous but not sure how it measures up with others. I have about 20 pounds to go to my final goal weight and have noticed it's not coming off as quickly anymore. Are others running in to this as well? My plan is to increase cardio and hopefully get that scale moving. I'm 4 pounds from my end of year goal and I really want to make it.

I read back through the past month or so and noticed a few people were discouraged or getting sick. I hope everyone is doing well. This is the best forum I've come across, as you all seem to genuinely care about each other. Thanks for letting me snoop for a few months. Now I'll do my best to encourage you as we continue on our weight loss journey.

I hope everybody has a wonderful week!!

You are doing great Cubs Girl! I think the closer you get to goal the slower the weight loss. Just hang in there! :thumbup:

Hey Cubs! You're doing super with your weight loss. What have you been doing to keep it going so well since surgery? Do you exercise or log food?

Thanks Colorado Chick.

Brandy - I've been consistent at the gym. I should say I've been consistent going to the gym 3 - 4 times per week. I've mixed it up between weight lifting and cardio depending on my mood and if the scale stopped moving. I haven't logged food for a few months. I'm one of those people who are a creature of habit. If it isn't broken I don't mess with it! I eat pretty much the same thing every single day for all meals. I've counted the calories, know the amount of Protein I'm getting, etc. I still splurge from time to time and have a glass of Kool-Aid (empty calories I know :thumbup:) or a snack not on my list, but for the most part I follow my plan for 6 days a week. The seventh day I still stick within 100 - 150 calories. I figure after I get to 150 (my year end goal), I'll go back to logging food and mix it up. Basically, what I need to do for the rest of my life to maintain my goal weight of 135. This has worked well for me, but I know everybody can't do it. My husband and son eat like royalty while I keep plugging away with my chicken. But, I don't mind making two meals. I make enough of mine to last 2 - 3 days.

Thanks for the congrats - I appreciate it!

Hey guys. Thought I'd check in. I've been on a roller coaster for the last few weeks and it hasn't been fun at all.

Luckily, my business has been going well and I was swamped over the holidays.

Unfortunately, things with the band haven't been so good. The last banding worked for a day or so then nothing and I mean nothing. I thought it would change over a few weeks and it did...to where there was no restriction at all. I could eat anything and that I did! I haven't shot up but things haven't gone down either.

I did talk to my dr. and he said that my depression meds aren't working correctly so that coupled with what's gone with the band has thrown me into turmoil:(

I do go for another fill tomorrow. Luckily my Dr. is fitting me in. He said that with all that is going on he was afraid to make me wait for fear of what weight I may gain. SO....I am keeping my fingers crossed. I feel now like I did before I ever had surgery...tired, fat, failure, miserable....don't want to go anywhere or do anything! We're hoping that things will turn around with the fill and a change in my meds. So, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I want to get back on track ASAP!

Enough about me....I see that so many of you have reached the -60lbs or more mark. CONGRATS!!! I want to catch up and hear from you guys about what's working! Let me know how you've been!

Keep up the good work!!!