Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Update!

I am at 205 and stalled again. Why? oh probably because I have been having wine in the evenings lol. I have now learned the hard way that I can no longer have margaritas and chocolate milk. I don't know why but they begin a slime fest for unknown reasons... No matter how loose my band is or what time of the day it is.

Other than that I don't have alot to report other than I am being lazy and not working out as I should. I really need a kick in the pants.

I think my band is super tight and if it were to tighten up even just a tiny amount more I would have a slight unfill. I PB Water if I gulp. Now adays its all about sip sip sip.

I would love to just chow down a burger I am really missing them but the feeling will pass in a day or 2 cause I know its just head hunger.

Hi girls,

Yes, Brandy, many seem to have floated over to B2G. I found that site a long time ago, but I didn't find it too different than here at the time so I stayed here. I have posted a few times as you know, but I really don't have time for either place.

I'm doing fine. Don't really eat well these days. I am feeling like I'm tighter than before which I've read that happens sometimes to people. Weird. I can't eat much, but can't help but wonder if my stress level isn't part of it too.

Hope everyone is doing well!

~C

I have posted there too. I pop in and out once in a while but their threads don't really interest me. They seem slower too and less interaction.

We will get there Carol... Slows down, speeds up, slows down... it's a horrible cycle for some of us. But look you're 209 thats awesome :cursing: We will just keep pressing on!

Hey all! I've been feeling a little wimpy lately and just haven't been doing what I need to do, until today. I've been trying to log food, but haven't really exercised this week.

Today I played ultimate frisbee! OMG, so fun!!! According to dailyplate I burned over 700 calories. I believe it. I looked like I had stepped into the shower, clothes and all. Those little punks thought I wouldn't be able to play or play well. WWHAhahaha (my evil laugh), well I showed them. Of course, I won't be able to get up in the morning, but damn it, I showed them!!! I haven't played anything "full court" in 15 years. Those of us who are up in years were asking for oxygen by the end of the game (1 hour later). I am literally bruised from head to toe from going head to head with the boys. There was only one other girl and she was on the other team. Most of them were shocked that I'd actually fight for the frisbee. They don't know me very well. That's like telling me I can't do something. I was one of the last ones picked for the team and he looked so disappointed. By the end of the game, my team captain was calling me MVP and hi-fiving me. I think those kids have a whole new respect for me. Hopefully they learned a lesson in "don't judge a book by it's cover".

Of course, it'll just be our little secret that I've already had to take two doses of Advil and I see another one or two in my future! LOL! I so needed that vote of confidence to get me fired back up. If I can do that now, what will I be able to do with 30 more pounds gone? With 50? I'm considering running in the Turkey Trot (5K) on Thanksgiving morning. I'm fighting with myself because I really don't want to get up and outside on a cold morning by 6:30. Yeah, I know....WHAT A CRYBABY!!!

Sorry for the super long post, I just know you guys will understand. I hope everyone is doing well. Where's mom?

Leslie - glad to hear from you. You can do it girl! Sometimes we just have to regroup and do something different. If I don't talk to you before then, have a great weekend cold and all!! Have a blast!

Turler - hang in there. Stress is a huge factor in our overall health and weightloss. Do something for yourself soon!

Brandy - You are right there girl! Keep it up. Margaritas give me the slime too, but so far it hasn't stopped me! HA! Milk has always given me slime even pre-band.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Man! I haven't been on in about 3 weeks and suddenly a whole new look!! Where do you go to find or restore or redo all the different threads you subscribed to? Trying to move through this new format.......a little confusing.

I know! I'm still not sure I like it. I still have trouble finding what I need. If you go to the toolbar at the top on the right, click on quick links. From there you can edit your info and look at your subscribed threads, etc. Nice to see ya!

I am getting about 1 lb a week out of my band. That's totally fine with me since I haven't been exercising... I can only blame be myself for that. I am just super happy that anything has came off without working my butt off! I am 204 and cant wait for Onderland. I wanted to be under 200 for xmas so I am hoping to make it. My wedding is also in 10 weeks I would like to 185. Not sure that will happen but we will see!

I for the most part have been logging food. I mostly miss weekends since I am usually out of town.

It's great to see everyone :laugh:

Hi Everyone!

i am pretty bummed as I seem to have stalled. I have not been able to work very much since I had neck surgery. It still makes is hard to see that scale stay the same for weeks!!

I have lost about 50 pounds since my surgery date 4/4 about 68 from my highest of 280.

I need some motivation!

Hey Colorado Chick,

Stay encouraged; once you start to feel better you will start to see those number going down again. You have done a great job so far.

All the best,

Ms. NeNe

Hi Everyone!

i am pretty bummed as I seem to have stalled. I have not been able to work very much since I had neck surgery. It still makes is hard to see that scale stay the same for weeks!!

I have lost about 50 pounds since my surgery date 4/4 about 68 from my highest of 280.

I need some motivation!

You have overcame alot by not being able to work and having surgery. You're doing great :thumbup: Are you able to exercise at all? Do you log any foods? We started a group at Daily plate for logging our food and journaling.

Seems like all of us came to a screeching halt on and off when we started nearing Onderland.

Don't beat yourself up you have done a super job :ohmy:

You have overcame alot by not being able to work and having surgery. You're doing great :thumbup: Are you able to exercise at all? Do you log any foods? We started a group at Daily plate for logging our food and journaling.

Seems like all of us came to a screeching halt on and off when we started nearing Onderland.

Don't beat yourself up you have done a super job :ohmy:

I took a small walk last night with my doggies. I can go walking, I just have to get going again. I am still taking pain pills but it is getting better. Tomorrow is 3 weeks post op. I really wanted to be under 200 for Christmas.

How do I get to the group Daily Plate?

Thanks!

I think Leslie has to send you an invite. She will probably need your username tho for dailyplate once you make it if you dont have an account.

Any movement is good. Even if you only walk around the block a few times... Just keep moving. I haven't been exercising like I should lately but I have tried to make an effort to move around a ton at work instead of sitting at my desk.

Guest Leslie2Lose

yes I'll need to send you an invite. You can PM me your username...I really need to go online and log - I haven't done it lately. :-)...glad to have you!

yes I'll need to send you an invite. You can PM me your username...I really need to go online and log - I haven't done it lately. :-)...glad to have you!

I sent you a PM. Thanks!

I went out last night and had two glasses of wine, cheese and few crackers and artichoke dip. dinner of champions. I do not think that would be very easy to track on the Daily Plate. :) I did have a nice time. It was nice chatting with new friends and getting out of the house. I think I am going to throw an open house during the holidays as a housewarming. I just moved into my house in September. I have not unpacked all of the way as of yet but hey I can use my neck surgery as an excuse! lol

I hope you all have a great day!

~MaryEllen

I have been under some massive stress so I think that's helping my weightloss lately. I am at 203 now... so one more pound. Its a plus losing weight but I can't wait till everything settles down and the stress mellows out.

MaryEllen- You can log that. You may not be exact but I just see if the item is listed in the database and choose the closest one. Unless it's home made then I do create a meal.

Great to have you onboard with dailyplate :)

I have been under some massive stress so I think that's helping my weightloss lately. I am at 203 now... so one more pound. Its a plus losing weight but I can't wait till everything settles down and the stress mellows out.

MaryEllen- You can log that. You may not be exact but I just see if the item is listed in the database and choose the closest one. Unless it's home made then I do create a meal.

Great to have you onboard with dailyplate :wub:

I have logged on to the dailyplate and put in all that I have eaten today. I think it will be a good idea for me to try to keep up with posting my meals. It is easy to get off track and not even realize it! So far today I have had one slip with a chocolate cookie. :)

Also as I was entering my activities I added 180 minutes of computer work. I am an accountant and work onthe computer all day long. Dailyplate has assigned 2 calories per minute. If I just put in 3 hours it comes up with 435 calories burned. This seems like a lot of calories! Maybe I am supposed to type while dancing! LOL

Edited by ColoradoChick