Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've swapped addictions...

That is too funny. I just reached down and touched mine for the first time ever. I never really thought about that before. Thanks for the share!

Hip bones for me... I can only feel them when I'm laying down on my side but I'll just lay there and keep rubbing them. I really can't believe it sometimes. I haven't felt my bones since high school!

Yes yes, I feel on my hip bones when I lay down at night. I love discovering new things!

This is so funny to me because I was a skinny kid until I turned 30. I was actually self conscious about my bones sticking out. I avoided low cut tops that showed my collar bones. When I started to gain weight I would always be feeling my collar bones and enjoying the new soft feeling of them. I'm not kidding, it really got to be a habit. I enjoyed my new flffiness so much that I let it get way out of controll and then started dieting,,,,and well we all know what that leads too.

Yep - I play with all my bones now!!! I touch my collarbones while I'm working and just feel them. Kindof funky :drool:

I feel lots of different bones when I'm laying down at night. It's weird cause I can tell that they are shaped like they are supposed to be - just couldn't feel it before.

My other obsession is feeling how much fat is left in various spots. Pulling, pinching, lifting etc. I truly don't expect perfection when I get done, but I can't leave various areas alone. I look at them constantly. sigh.

I can't wait to see my collar bones!! I lay in bed a feel my hip bones...so does my DH and we are both like "WOW!". lol

I don't have anywhere to rest my arm when I sleep on my side. I used to rest it on that lump of a stomach blob. Now it just falls down on the bed! HAHA!

But as far as addictions go, clothes shopping has done it for me. They talk about shopping like it's a BAD thing, but they have to understand they're dealing with someone who hasn't done it in 10-20-30 years. You don't think a person would be like a kid in a candy factory? Of COURSE they would! I have to purposely stay away from malls now because everytime I go in, I find something and EVERYTHING fits. When you are used to having shopping being a traumatic experience (leaving the store in tears), when things FIT and actually look GOOD and you can actually pick most anything from the rack with confidence.....WHOA! What a rush!

Great thread!! I love my collarbone, my really nice cheekbones, my newly sharp ankle bones and the veins I can see in my hands. My belly button is now visible without having to move around a middle roll!

I keep feeling my collar bones, also! I think the 13 lbs. I've lost seriously all came off only in my face, neck & shoulders...but that's okay. I'll take it! I have to say that each and every time I've lost significant weight in my life, I judge everything straight by the collar bones and hip bones. I can't WAIT to feel those hip bones again. I love laying in bed on my back and just gently touching them (yeah, that sounds dirty after I wrote it). I'm so looking forward to doing that again. :biggrin2:

Oh...I am also addicted to feeling my arm pits....That sounds nasty...doesn't it? But I never had a "pit" before...now there is this deep pit under my arms...amazing...before it was just flat.

Ok...you all know you are going to stick your hands under your shirts and feel up your armpit...just give in to the temptation and enjoy!!!

Rain

Have you heard of anchoring?

It's positive reinforcement: while you touch something and think good thoughts you imprint happy positive thougths...which later when you are having a problem you can recall those thoughts by simply touching yourself in a the same way. (keep it clean)

Hip bones might be hard, but right now rub those collar bones and say, "I will make it to goal" or some such thing. Do that a couple of times over the next day or two.

The next time you are faced with eating a piece of cake, or a cookie, rub your collar bone and you'll probably pass on the sweets. Or when you are fighting going to the gym...rub your collar bones and you'll probably decide to exercise.

I promise it will work!

Have you heard of anchoring?

It's positive reinforcement: while you touch something and think good thoughts you imprint happy positive thougths...which later when you are having a problem you can recall those thoughts by simply touching yourself in a the same way. (keep it clean)

Hip bones might be hard, but right now rub those collar bones and say, "I will make it to goal" or some such thing. Do that a couple of times over the next day or two.

The next time you are faced with eating a piece of cake, or a cookie, rub your collar bone and you'll probably pass on the sweets. Or when you are fighting going to the gym...rub your collar bones and you'll probably decide to exercise.

I promise it will work!

Thats really awesome J! I'm totally going to try that!!!

Im down to 258 from 350. I am addicted to trying on clothes.....even when I dont buy them...

3x were snug...Im actually wearing a 1x right now and 2x t shirts fit loose. Size 48 pants to size 40 that are a bit loose.

I have thinner ankles, jaw line, all the same things many of you are enjoying. I never touch myself...I always had my bones...LOL

I used to rest my food on my stomach in my recliner...that dosnt work anymore..LOL

My nieces fit on my knee better.

My better half wraps her arms around me....she went from touching finger tips to grabbing her wrist and she laughs about that.

We can lay on the couch together now.

There are other private things going on too...LOL

I never thought about all the things that we laugh about everyday now. i really enjoy reading this thread.

Oh...I am also addicted to feeling my arm pits....That sounds nasty...doesn't it? But I never had a "pit" before...now there is this deep pit under my arms...amazing...before it was just flat.

Ok...you all know you are going to stick your hands under your shirts and feel up your armpit...just give in to the temptation and enjoy!!!

Rain

Just so you don't sniff your fingers aftewards like the Mary Katheryn Gallagher skit on Saturday Night Live.:thumbup: