Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

Hey all, I've moved over here from the April group. I had April 21 as my date, but I'm going to be out of town for 2 wks on business and can't get the final round of consults, labs, etc. scheduled in time, so she moved me to May 5th... Can't wait, I'll be the first one of the day, so that's better anyway! I'll be having it done in Melbourne FL with Dr. Fusco...

Sandy

Hey People...I love the Pun May-D it! Congrats bandfan I know how you feel...I was that excited last Tuesday too! I only wish mine was sooner but that was my choice.

I go for my pre-op class on Wednesday...should make me even more excited!

Allison....you sound like you have a plan so go for it...Best of Luck...we are all here cheering you on!!

Am I crazy...does anyone worry about catching a cold right before their date? I just want it here and to be healthy.....Take those vitamins...if they will let me!

...you know i haven't thought of this one. but i am worried about the getting closer & closer to the date and other things happening. yeah, i'm overly excited, but for the last week, i've been waking up around 3am, either from a surgery dream, or just my wondering mind going a million miles per hour thinking about the dang surgery. :unsure: i just wished it was sooner so i can get it over with and start the recovery process and the rest of my life. :lol:

I hear you Kikival315!! I am so excited that I couldn't fall asleep last night. I know that it will happen for a few nights. As I get closer to my May 1st date I will start getting nervous and scared!!!!

"Anticipation is far greater than realization"!!!! :lol:

It seems that time goes too fast when we don't want it to and not fast enough when we want it to!!!!

Welcome Sandy!

Krysten, I have the weirdest band dreams too!! I guess it's just anxiety! I am just ready to be banded already!!! :unsure:

I have started telling people at work. :lol: I just can't keep it in anymore! It's all I think about. I got the letter from my insurance company in the mail with the written approval, it all seems so real now! I think we are all so lucky to have this opportunity!

Now if I can just get out of this "last supper syndrome" Man, I can not stop! My suregeon hasn't mentioned any pre-op diets or anything, BUT I have all my pre-admission testing on the 30th - I'm sure they will probably put me on something then! :confused2:

I hear you Kikival315!! I am so excited that I couldn't fall asleep last night. I know that it will happen for a few nights. As I get closer to my May 1st date I will start getting nervous and scared!!!!

"Anticipation is far greater than realization"!!!! :unsure:

It seems that time goes too fast when we don't want it to and not fast enough when we want it to!!!!

For sure, closer to May you will be sooooo excited!! May 1st will be here before you know it! I can't wait until you get it done so thay we can start hearing stories!! :lol:

Beautiful Brown, I will have some stories to tell by May 19th when it's your turn. I'm sure they will be FUNNY stories since I usually get very giddy when I'm nervous!!!!

Tic tock tick tock!!!! :lol:

i got my approval for my days off from work today, that makes it more real, for me. :thumbup: i was thinking, 'wow, its actually happening.' well...it looks like we're in for the ride of our lives!!! woooooooohoooooooo! :tt2:

OK everyone...but here I am researching and thinking about nothing but THIS....I started in Dec with the decision and now...all I think about is Band, Band, Me, me, me...ugh!!!

AND I am not until the END of MAY!!!!

No dreams about surgery yet...NO THANKYOU....but maybe because last year I was waiting for my hysterectomy...it was 6/6/07...went great!!!

I have my pre op class tomarrow all day!!!! I just can't read and think enough about this...

It is worse than...oh I don't know but I'm obsessed....

My husband is jealous because I'm always on the computer or on the phone with a new band friend!!!!

GOOD NIGHT....and NO Bad Dreams...I'm still trying to sleep all night with my dang CPAP...also known as C crap...machine and mask!!!

LOL

That's great news about you getting the time off that you need Kikival315!! Now you can have peace of mind knowing that you can recuperate without guilt!! I am still trying to work my schedule out. My mother passed away last June and I have taken so much time off from my daycare with her illness and funeral. I am trying to enlist the help of friends for my daycare so I don't have to close. I can't afford to lose any clients!!!!

Hey Amsderb, I am going to get fitted for my CPAP mask tomorrow!! Not looking forward too it. I am hoping that it is only temporary until I lose the weight!! I feel obsessed about this too!! :thumbup: It is the main thing on my mind. I'm hoping my vacation this month takes my mind off of it a little bit.......

Ok Bandfan1...your ticker is funny...yes you gained 235 but do you really want another 95? I'll share some with you...

Sorry to hear about your Mom...I'm sure she is very proud of you with this decison and will help you through it with extra angels for you...I'll send an extra request....

Good luck with the mask....let me know so we can help each other...I didn't keep it on all night again...UGH!!!

I had my preop class today and it was very good but I am sooo tired now that I will chat about it later....

Take care all of you....May Flowers!!!

LOL amsderb!!! I noticed that myself, but just haven't gone to the site to fix it!! I'll have to go there today and try to fix it. It took a while for me to figure out how to even do the ticker....maybe that's why I haven't gone back to fix it.

Thanks for the lift about my mom!! Right before she died, she told me that she was worried about me. I feel like I owe this journey to her..... She always tried to help me with my weight, but I was always so sensitive about it that it strained our relationship rather than strengthening it.....

I'll let you know how I do with my CPAP appt today...not looking forward to it...... :huh2:

bandfan-sorry to hear about your mom. sending extra hugs & support your way:blush:

Bandfan, I'm sure your mom would be very proud of all your doing for yourself :bolt:

SOOO, I have all the appointments with the nutritionist, sleep study, psych eval, etc. set, so I called the surgeons office today to ask to set up the second consultation, but the receptionist said that I have to go to all the appointments first, then they will send the info to the surgeon, then the office will call me to schedual an appointment. Ahhh I just want to start living! It feels like I've been waiting for this since I was 8 years old. I'm still hoping for a day in May before summer classes start on June 2nd. Congrats to everyone who has their dates schedualed!!!!

Allison

Allison: Just stay focused on obtaining everything that the surgeon needs. It will go by faster if you are on top of it.

Amsderb, I can't figure out how to change my ticker!!! When I have some time I'll eventually get it!!! :bolt:

Went to the sleep center to get my CPAP set-up... Not too bad. My setting is 8 (settings go from 5 - 20). Hopefully I will not need the machine at all after I lose some weight.

Not a full face mask, just a small device that goes under my nose with little things that go into my nostrils....

Monday is my pre-op appt. Looking forward to moving forward with this.

Sandy....welcome to the thread!! Keep us updated on your progress!!!!!