Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

:biggrin::thumbup:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT A DATE!!!!!!!:lol::w00t::smash:

Alright so this morning I was working on my homework when the surgeons office called me. She schedualed my pre-op appointment for the 12th, and asked me when I was expecting to be banded, I mentioned my situation about school coming up on June 2nd, so she gave me a couple dates open towards the end of May! I picked the 29th! Its a lucky number for women in my family, most of us are born on it! Me in Feb, both my grandmothers, one in August and one in March, my great grandmother and one of my cousins in September, (those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.) I'm not sure whats going on with the insurance, I must have gotten approved if they are already schedualing a surgery day! SO May 29th is my date!!!!

Thanks for all your good wishes! They must have really worked! :lol:

That is so great. First I have someone who will share my date and awesome for you. I know you have been waiting and waiting. It is only a month. Do you have to do a two week liver shrinking diet? Congrats again!!!

:coolgleamA::thumbup:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT A DATE!!!!!!!:cool2::w00t::w00t:

Alright so this morning I was working on my homework when the surgeons office called me. She schedualed my pre-op appointment for the 12th, and asked me when I was expecting to be banded, I mentioned my situation about school coming up on June 2nd, so she gave me a couple dates open towards the end of May! I picked the 29th! Its a lucky number for women in my family, most of us are born on it! Me in Feb, both my grandmothers, one in August and one in March, my great grandmother and one of my cousins in September, (those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.) I'm not sure whats going on with the insurance, I must have gotten approved if they are already schedualing a surgery day! SO May 29th is my date!!!!

Thanks for all your good wishes! They must have really worked! :w00t:

Thanks!!!! Is your date the 29th too!???!?! I would love to have a "band twin" (I know so corny lol) Yeah I have to do a liquid diet to shrink my liver :coolgleamA: Its for ten days, ugh that is def gonna be the hardest part! How about you? Thanks and keep me posted :cool2:

It was a GREAT day for both of us, Allison! I got my DATE, too!! :w00t:WHOO HOO!! Mine is May 8. Good luck to us all, the ride is about to begin! :coolgleamA: :w00t: :cool2:

Hey everyone,

well i had all my last apts today! I had my nurses consult, psych eval, and surgens consult. I'm either going to have my surgery on May 7th, or May 27th. Just depends on the money situation, which i should know tomorrow. I'm so excited! i had my dad tag along with me for support. everything they said i pretty much knew about but there was some new info for him. The only thing that made me mad was when I was talking to my dad about some peoples reactions saying LB was the "easy way out" and my dad says "well it is kinda the easy way out". I got so mad at him, I told him that its going to be a LOT of work and I told him I didn't ever want to hear him say that again. He got the point. Then he asks me why i couldnt' lose the weight on my own...hmmm gee dad, don't you think you maybe should have asked that oh i donno...like 3 months ago!?! anyway, i shoulnd't complain...things are looking up, I'll be banded really soon!!! at the latest 3 weeks away! yay!! hope everyone else is doing well!

Marine

I've found my Dad to be like that a lot of times... try not to take it too personally. I guess they are just trying to be supportive and then when push gets to shove, they get a little nervous themselves and, oops, open mouth -- insert foot!

You go GIRL, GREAT NEWS. Man, yesterday was a One-Of-A-Kind MONDAY! Lots and lots of great news!

YEA!!! All of you who FINALLY got dates! My ticker officially says 1 month now!!!!

I need to start all the breathing exercises and relaxation.

Hey Allison...I am the day before you!!!!

Just to let all of you know...I slept all night with my ccrap (cpap) onmy face like an alian! In the morning I had a beautiful red line across my nose bridge!!!

Oh well....I also lost 1 1/2 lbs at my weigh in!!! YEA!!!

I am praying for all the May Flowers!!!

Congratulations to all of you who FINALLY got your date. I know that it has to be a HUGE relief!!! :cool2: Now you can countdown to your new birthday!!!

2 more days and I still am not nervous!! My surgery is scheduled for 12pm on the 1st, so I'm sure Thursday morning will be a bit stressful!! :coolgleamA:

I can't wait until we can all start posting our victories!!!!!!

When people suggest that this is the easy way out--ask them if they go down to a river to wash their clothes.

No one enoys doing laundry--it still requires work--but aren't we fortunate we have a great tool called a washing machine???

Same with the band.

Started the preop diet today--not cranky yet. My date is MAY 13--anyone else sharing that date with me?

JBflorida theres a list of all the dates and everyone being banded on them in the "Scedualed for may, what day?" thread! I'll add u to the list we have going!!!

My dear M-I-L came down this weekend. She, like me, went on WW yrs ago, lost almost 100lbs, but gained it back. I went ahead and told her I was having the LB done..she immediately replied.."WHY? YOU'LL GAIN IT ALL BACK AGAIN!!" I told her I have no problem losing the weight, it's keeping it off and that's what the LB will help me with.

I went for my pre-op interview at my hosp. EKG, DVT studies, chest x-ray, bld work....Now all I have left is one last pre-op visit with doc on next Monday...then Wed's my BIG day!!!!! WHOO-HOO!!!!!!

Edited by neverB4

First it is so great to hear all of you getting dates and the "ducks in a row". We are so close.

I had a little setback today in my pre-op diet. :sad:

I had to have an upper GI, which they made me take this drink that was so gross, I felt disgusted afterwards. Then I had to wait an hour to fill out some stupid formas. I couldn't believe it. If this were anythimg like my job, I would never get called to work!!!!

Anyway... I was desperate to get the foul tast out of my mouth, so I stopped at Carl's Jr. and got a BBQ chicken sandwich. No fries, not too bad, right. Well, I fell hard and ate two, that is right, 2, Cookies. :blushing: Their cookies are big and on WW they are 8 points each. I am getting right back on my pre-op diet though. Please send good thoughts my way to keep me in line.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate this place and all the support and positive feedback we give each other.

BTW, I have 1 week!!!:lol:

I'm scheduled for May 9th in Dade City, FL. I'm really tired of the pre-op diet, but I take it one day at a time. Anybody else May 9th?

It seems like such a long time away still. :blushing:

I'm ready to move on to the next stage of this journey!

Best of luck to all the other Marvelous May Mavens!

Barbara