Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

Wow...Welcome to all the new May Flowers!!!

Allison, I hope you are feeling better...I had a cold all week and it actually started last Sat with the dizzy feeling...weird how it did that..

Kamicola...You are ONE day ahead of me!! YEA Band Day....getting closer!

BizzyBee,

I'm sorry your day was a grumpy one....we are all kinda a bit stressed... and excited.... and nervous....and exhausted thinking about this, going to doc appts...stressing about insurance or money...and worried about our Best old Buddy Comfort Food....some of us are even trying to learn to sleep with a hose strapped on out faces...so GRUMPY???

ok....IT IS ok TO BE grumpy now and then

Hang in there!

Cheer up bizzy bee! Hopefully it will be nice out tomorrow and you will be in a better mood. I love when the sun starts coming out and flowers and such poke outta the ground this time of year hehe, always puts me in a better mood. Ugh today I had a horrible day too, but I spent the night goofing around with some friends and it really helped me out. Earlier today I went to my "on again off agains" house, just to see if he was around to hang out, and he was there with some other girl. Not that this kind of stuff doesn't happen a lot. We have been on and off since 2004, he is my best friend ALWAYS, but if everything is "good" with us in departments other than "just friends" he always goes and f**ks it up like this. I find someone else, but always end up back with him, because he is still my best friend, I can't stay away! *Sigh* Just needed to vent since my friends here have heard enough about all the crap he pulls on me. Lol talk about off topic....

Alright heres some more venting lol, Ahh I'm worried. I talked to a lady that was banded by my surgeon and it look her like 4 months to get banded from her frist appointment! My surgeon said it usually takes 2-3 months and I was hoping that since I schedualed everything fairly quickly it would be the 2 months. According to her though, it look a while for the surgeon to contact her, since HE is incharge of schedualing the second consult, where he gets your insurance approval and pretty much scheduals your surgery. I dunno, I love this thread! Its the one place I feel I can come and vent! I feel so welcome! I really hope to be banded in May, I know I've mentioned this a million times, its just always on my mind. All I can do now is wait and hope :biggrin:

Allison: Hang in there. Where you are at right now is definitely the most stressful part. I was a wreck until I got the go ahead from the insurance company...thought of every scenario and reason why I would get denied. Keep coming on to this site for support. I have found it to be a blessing!!

Yes, a bad night last night with the CPAP machine!! I was doing fine until a storm moved in and my dog came upstairs and was freaking out. It was me, my dog and the machine tube all intertwined :biggrin: When the machine ended up on the floor, I decided to give up for the night......

Hang in there!!!

Thanks guys. I am, in a way, lucky to not have to deal with insurance. I do have guilt because I am saving every penny so that I will have the $7,200 for the surgery along with airfare and spending money in Mexico. I also have a house that is in need of repair, 3.4 acres that need mowed and the riding mower is broke and the yard too muddy to mow because all the rain that seems never ending. It is supposed to SNOW tonight, what the heck, it's the middle of APRIL for pete's sake. I just feel like I am being selfish. Ok, I am going to my "Happy Place" and forgetting the negative. I can do ALL things through Him which strengthens me. I will get everything in need of doing done. I am more than a conquerer. Thanks for listening(again), I feel better already.

Ok, for everyone who has a grumpy or just plain "bad" day. Here's a great analogy that someone told me!!

Do you have a GPS? If you take a wrong turn, the voice on the GPS will very calmly say "Take your next legal U-turn".... It doesn't say "What the heck is wrong with you, you have to go THAT way!!!"

This is the same way that we need to learn to treat ourselves. If we have a bad day, just focus forward and get back on track!!!

Have a sparkling day :biggrin:

Good philosophy... the universe is always working with our thoughts and requests... if we feed ourselves negative vibes, the universe gives us that... if we always turn negative situations positive, the universe gives us that! ASK, BELIEVE, RECEIVE.

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08

Dr. Kuri - Mexico

Allison: Hang in there. Where you are at right now is definitely the most stressful part. I was a wreck until I got the go ahead from the insurance company...thought of every scenario and reason why I would get denied. Keep coming on to this site for support. I have found it to be a blessing!!

Yes, a bad night last night with the CPAP machine!! I was doing fine until a storm moved in and my dog came upstairs and was freaking out. It was me, my dog and the machine tube all intertwined :biggrin: When the machine ended up on the floor, I decided to give up for the night......

Hang in there!!!

Thanks :lol: We had those crazy storms here last night too. My dogs went NUTS, kept me up all night

Ok, now that we are talking about motivation and positive thinking, here is something that you MUST see!!! Have you heard of the book "The Secret"? Well, you can watch the shortened version of it online. It is about 1.5 hours, but you will be glued to it!! I made my son watch it and expected him to get up and walk out...he watched the entire movie!!!!

It costs about $4.99 but it is worth every penny!!!! go to:

The Secret ::: Official Release of The Secret Movie

I promise you will not regret it!!!

Yeah for The Secret... thanks for this link ... I have been there many times, but can't seem to stress to people how life changing the whole thing is.... it has helped transform me (I have a long way to go) into a much better person and much happier, regardless of the weight... now getting the weight off is purely a health issue, not a physical thing. I hope more begin to learn and live The Secret.

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08

Dr. Kuri - Mexico

Hey Friends...sorry about your storms...mental and climate! It was a beautiful day here in sunny AZ BUT tomarrow it is supposed to be in the 90's UGH!!!

I'll have to watch the Secret tomarrow!

Have a great trip Bandfan1!!!

Allison, just some been there advise about Mr. on and off...friends don't treat friends like that..I know you must really care for him but if it hasn't worked yet...try for a new relationship when you are ready..as long as "he" is in your mind that someday...and we are such good friends....etc...YOU will never give anyother guy the chance he may deserve....I know I did that for a long time...funny thing....once I finally let go...after some time...I realized that I was the one making the whole thing so important...and it was much easier then to look for someone who deserved me instead of hiding behind the "hopelessly devoted....someday" thing. Good Luck!

Hi May flowers. I'm lol-ing as I read you guys' stuff. Talk about having a fit with your c-paps, weather, men, guilt over $ etc. I'm rite there w/ u all. Got annoyed with most of my family members over this or that and had to go to bed -alone again! with a frigging mask. again it's lol time. Going to Walmart to try and find some good Protein Shakes I can take to work for pre/post op nutrition. I notice now that my date is near (may 7), I'm getting more energy, waking up earlier, hating the continued binging I sometimes do, wonder what I'll do with all the time I won't spend: thinking about food, which recipe I'll prepare, what concoction I'll make (I cook for 10 and live alone of course), the cooking time and the clean up time and over and over. Guess I might have to take up knitting or crocheting? Or....maybe something really cool like shopping for new smaller chothes???? oh well, smiling on Sunday, Sufina