Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

Hey guys! This has been a busy week at school and then I got the stinken flu and felt terrible for a little bit. I am back to feeling like me again.

Kiki I am glad everything is working out for you. I love your new Hello Kitty with the bear dressed like a bee. I am obsessed about 2 things, well 3 right now.

1. Bees, cute fake ones (not the real stingy ones). My whole classromm is covered with them right now. There is even one tattooed on top of my right foot that kinda matches <---- the one over there somewhere.

2. Lap band surgery websites and information. Just can't get enough. My husband thinks this will end after surgery. I highly doubt it.

3. Saving money. I have never been a saver but have somehow managed to save $7200 since January this year. (or will have by May 26th). My husband is in awe of THIS new found obsession. He didn't think I had it in me not to buy everything I see. (My husband is praying this obsession will never end.)

Allison, things are going to be great for you! Just believe and I will keep you in my prayers.

Oh and on the dream note - I had a dream that I got a whole arm tattoo!!! I remember thinking to myself that I would never be able to wear short sleeves to school again!!! It was hideous too. Not cute like the little bee on my foot. It was huge and ugly! I was so glad it wasn't there when I woke up!

Oh yeah - I also got my summer school teaching assignment/ I will be doing kindergarten. That my be rough 7 days out of surgery. They are actually kids going into kindergarten but I think they have all gone to our preschool program. I teach 2nd grade, so this may be rough not only because of surgery, but because I am used to more capable students. I am certified to teach birth through 6th grade, hopefully I can remember the early childhood classes I took in college.

Ok - I am so sure you are tired of reading by now.

Shelly

Bandfan1 about your post....

Went to the sleep center to get my CPAP set-up... Not too bad. My setting is 8 (settings go from 5 - 20). Hopefully I will not need the machine at all after I lose some weight.

Not a full face mask, just a small device that goes under my nose with little things that go into my nostrils....

:bolt: Too funny...that is my setting too...it is considered mild! I tried the nose thing at the sleep study and she ramped it up to like 14 and it scared me awake...then I had a panic attack...no joke!...I just wanted to pull every probe etc... off me.

Also, I did not like when you open your mouth and all the air comes rushing out...like a dragon breathing!!! That's what I call it..

So, when they fitted me it was the full mask...I guess I mouth breathe too. Anyway, they were willing to not give me any CPAP but I felt I should try it...at least in the hospital I will have my own on...I have to bring the mask and tubing to pre-op. When I wake up I guess I won't freak out since I am wearing it at home...unfortunatley just not all night...I still wake up ALL the time even with it on...so I just must have a fractured sleep pattern...I will keep trying

Good Luck to you!:eek:

Edited by amsderb

hi shelly, i know what you mean about obsession!! well, i just LOVE hello kitty. i know im too old for it, but i don't care, its kinda my thing:tt2: i even have a tattoo of her below my neck!!! so i can totally understand the BEE!

im constantly on here too and dh thinks it will pass soon. but, its just the beginning. there aren't any local support groups, or at least i haven't been able to find any close to me, and this website really was my first form of support even when i didn't tell my family at first i was getting wls.

i hope you get better soon...that pesky flu bug is going around here too :thumbup:

Dragon Breath is a great analogy!! I used the machine for the first time last night. It wasn't too bad, but I also kept opening my mouth. There is a chin strap that I will use to keep my mouth closed if this keeps happening!!!

The tech told me that it may take a while for me to get used to the mask. I lasted until 5:15am this moring...not bad!!! On April 16th I have to send the card in so they can upload all of the info. They will know exactly when I used it, when air was leaking out, etc....technology is amazing!!!!

Shelly - I am so jealous of your ability to save, save, save! That is something I struggle with! I am a shopper! But I have been cutting back on giving Lane Bryant and Torrid my money, since I will be out of these 20's and into "regular" sizes within the next year. I'm having fun going through my closet finding things that I didn't know exist. Not to mention my daughter's 5th birthday is coming up soon and her wish list is a page long! I am going to make a concious effort to save more, my husband would be proud! :thumbup:

And the bee tatoo sounds very cute! I always wanted something on my foot. And teaching the kindergarden class sounds like it will be a challenge! At least it will keep you on your toes.

Krysten, the Hello Kitty tattoo sounds adorable!!

I love this board too. I am becoming obsessed with coming on here reading! My girlfriend who got the band 3 years ago advised me to keep this support system. In "real life" it's hard to find people who can relater or even understand the concept of the band and why it is needed! I consider myself lucky to have found a FULL FORUM of Lap Bandsters!

Here's to our journey together to Skinnyville!! :biggrin2:

I love the support here too!! Already some people are saying "Do you really want to do this"? I don't know if they are just very conservative, or jealous!! I had to tell one person that my mind is made up and it's no use for her to try to talk me out of it. The conversation ended soon after that!!

One thing that is making me nervous is seeing that there are some people who are either not losing at all or are losing REALLY slowly!!! There are the others who are amazing with their weight loss and I am trying to focus on them. The way I look at it is that if I just do what they tell me to do, then I will be successful. Losing more than 40lbs has never happened to me before and I am determined to lose at least 80!!! I would feel like a TOTAL loser if I didn't have success!!!!!

Also, like Beautiful Brown, I have gained a couple of pounds just from sheer mental stress...... I am definitely going to do the Protein Shake routine 2 weeks before my surgery!!!!!!!!

I hear you ladies - I am totally obsessed with this site. I am on this board at least twice a day- usually more. This really keeps me on track.

Now, I have to get ready to switch my mind set. I have been in "last supper" mode for so long...Actually, I was on what I call the double fudge diet for a few weeks to ensure that I would qualify when I walked in for the first weigh in - well, that was not a problem! Now, I really have to get my brain around this and start down the right road...I am ready and I can do it...I just need to do it - I know this is different than any of those other times that I started a diet- but I have the same feeling in my head and I am fighting myself. Anyone understand this? I have to do a 3 week liquid diet before surgery, so I need to prepare for that.

Hoping all this rain will really bring some May Flowers!!

:blushing:hello everyone just thought i would join u guys with the may date!

may 1st!!!!!!!!!!! 4 me:tongue2::sad::thumbup::blink::smile::biggrin2: i am having so many feelings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cursing:

Like all of you, I have become completely consumed with preparing for the band and I spend so much time here...but I'm learning so much! I don't think I would have been completely prepared to make the decision if all this information weren't available to me.

I've been in last supper mode since I got my surgery date, but after gaining about 6 pounds I realized I need to put on the brakes and prepare myself for the healthy lifestyle I'm hoping to attain.

Like most of you, my biggest fear isn't the surgery, but the thought of failure. This band is only a tool, and my life is still in MY hands, which obviously hasn't worked out too well so far. But as a self-pay, I'll have those monthly reminders every time I make a payment that I cannot afford to fail.

Hello everyone, I guess I'm a "May Flower!" I received the insurance nod today! :lol: My journey begins! I'm sooo excited, but the reality kinda hit as well. Before it was a dream. Now... I'm ready to look at, "the good, the bad and the ugly!" I think I was afraid if I read about everything, I'd talk myself out of it. One thing I know for sure, I can't loose the weight on my own. I thought I could... so many times have I tried. 50lbs here, 80lbs there - but it all comes back, and then some! :tongue: Which is why I'm here.

:plane: Dr. OH - St. Francis Hospital - Federal Way, WA

Welcome all you new May flowers...

I think we all need to really focus and not indulge in the Last Suppers! I had one tonight . . .LOL

Work has been super stressful and I am just so .....you KNOW...

Anyway, this weekend I am on track and going to really adhere to my healthy eating plan... so lets cheer each other on...if our fingers are busy typing we can not eat!!!

Good Luck to you, me and all of us!

Hi, I am scheduled with Dr. Kuri on May 27 with my husband and my parents are scheduled for May 29.... I am new to this board, how do you find answers to your posts without going back through and searching for the posts that you responded to? HELP!!!!

Kammi in Everett, WA

Welcome to all of you May flowers. You have joined the may "band-wagon"!!! I'm sure that you are all excited to finally be a part of this thread.

Am I the first to go in May? Is anyone else getting banded on May 1st?? I'll keep you all updated on my progress!!

This "last supper" thing is killing me!!!! I seem to have NO willpower whatsoever right now!!! I have got to get my head straight on this and start changing my eating habits now.

Has anyone else heard about the fact that the first month of weightloss is from "sheer determination and willpower"?

I read this on another thread and was curious to know if it's true.

Maybe I'll go to the March or Feb. site and see if this is the case. I'm curious to know how "restricted" I'll feel.

When I find out, I'll let you all know....

Welcome again!!!!! :tongue::thumbup::lol::thumbup::plane: