Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't believe it!!!!!! March 25th is the date

I cannot believe it! I thought this day would never come. March 25th is the date for me!

Of course, my insurance company won't pay for it, so I am self pay. I will be $17,500 in the hole, but I KNOW it will be worth it!!!!!

I am excited beyond belief. I really was beginning to believe that this day would never come!

I am SO VERY HAPPY!!!!

Congratulations on getting your date, I can see how excited you are!

I was also self-pay and have never once regretted my decision to get the band.

Thanks Susan! It has been what seems like a long road and I am glad that I finally have a date. It kind of sucks that it is self pay, but I believe this will be very beneficial and worth it.

I was self pay, too! Worth every penny I paid.

Congratulations on the beginning of your lapband journey!!!

I have 3 more days to go. I have waited for 9 months. I wish you all the best. We are going to be so much healthier!!!!:biggrin2:

Good luck Regeanaf! I am sure you are excited. I doubt I will sleep the night before surgery. I don't sleep much when I am excited. I hope things go great for you!

I'll be right behind you on March 26. I'm self-pay too, but it will be so worth it. Think of all the money we have spent on diet foods, programs that didn't work, hypnotists, whatever. This one is actually going to work for us!

No kidding, I was scared at the beginning, but I thought, I quit smoking back in March 'o7, gained 30#'s doing it, and my birthday is the 23rd of March and this is a birthday present to myself. if I could quit smoking which is a terrible addition than I should be able to lose all of the weight I gained plus some, I so much enjoy looking at the before and after pictures of success people, I want to be one of them!!!!!

Hi-My surgery date is also March 25th and I am so ready for this. I have known for about 7 weeks now that March 25th would be my date, so I decided to start eating right right then. I have lost 43 pounds so far, and am so happy about my "jumpstart". I am also self-pay and wish everyone the best. It is a lot of money, but is there anything better to spend money on than a person's health? I don't think so.

Holy cow mmh498, that is wonderful. I haven't known for long about my date. I only found out last friday. I am on a 1600 calorie diet which seems to be working. Not as well as your diet! I am down a few pounds and see the nutricianist on Wednesday.

I'm so glad there are so many out there being banded on the same (or close) dates. It will be great to have many to do this journey together!

I've resigned myself to the self-pay idea and am at peace with it. I believe this is one of the best decisions I have made. It will make sure that I stay on task!

Hopeinapril-thanks very much for the words of encouragement-they are greatly appreciated and I am sure in the coming months I will be looking for such words everywhere, when things get tough or I have had a bad day. One of the reasons I have lost so much so quickly is that I have an extreme amount to lose. I started at 318.6 and my goal is 140-so I am definitely going to need friends who know what I am going through. Could you please tell me, step by step, how to put the ticker on my profile and all the info like beginning weight, current weight, etc.? I didn't know I was so stupid on the computer until I tried that. Marcie

I have just received my date for my surgery, April 18th! I am so excited, and very fortunate that my insurance is covering the procedure! I start a liquid Unjury diet tomorrow, I am nervous but very determined! I am so ready!

Looks like there are going to be alot of March/April banders out there. I received my date the other day and I have been scared to answer the telephone in fear it was the doctor's office calling and telling me it was all a joke!! I am excited and scared at the same time. But it is going to happen!!! Congrats to all!

PA:lol:

My surgery is 03/28/2008, I have been working on this since 06/2007 so I am just as excited. Starting weight 267 want to get to 180 as I am 5 10. My brother in law is getting married May 17th 2008 so I told myself I would not buy a dress for the wedding until the first weekend in May because I am sure I will weight less and look better by then.