Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Girl Scout Cookies

Why is it that Girl Scout Cookies go down without any restriction? I can eat close to a whole box and only stop because I know I am SO cheating. I will be moving these into the garage. I know I was stress/anxiety eating and I need to get away from them. I have only been banded since 1/25 and don't

feel any real restriction yet. My first fill is on 3/11. The sooner the better! I have still managed to lose 18 pounds (I need to update ticker) but am stymied by my weaknesses and knowledge that I can pretty much eat whatever I want. I am exercising about 5 times a week. Either walking for an hour or step aerobics. I am a little disgusted with myself. :mad2:Karen

candy hearts go down really well too... These are quite possibly my favorite candies and I found some on clearance after the holiday. Thought I'd do ok with them, but had to move them from the cabinet to the garage fridge because I'd just grab a handful. I am trying to talk myself into throwing them away!!!

*sigh

Some reason junk food goes down so much easier.

The solution is, ladies.. get the Cookies & the candies OUT OF THE GARAGE AND INTO THE TRASHCAN!!!!!!! :confused:

Then pour somethin' nasty on top of it so you don't go fish them out later. :hurray:

LOL... I'm not able to do that yet. Of course if I do eat any I am counting my calories and eating a portion size or 2 (12 for 60 calories). I just want to sit down with the entire container and mindlessly eat them. Amazing how much I miss mindless eating :-(

The reason I went with the band was because I enjoy sweets and want to learn to eat them like a normal person. I don't subscribe to the idea of denying myself because as soon as I do I will do the exact opposite and cause myself harm.

Well, I don't keep it in the house. In the house, means I'll graze on it more than I should.

If I want to indulge in something sweet like a normal person, I have to go out and get it.

Well the reason they go down so easy is they disolve!!! If you place a candy heart, or a cookie in a dish of liquid----in a short while it will have either totally melted, or be such a soggy mess picking it up would be impossible.

If however you placed a slice of chicken breast in the same liquid, you could go back hours later----and it would still be there, and be solid.

Now there is your reason. Does not do a blasted thing about how good and yummy the GS Cookies taste in comparison to the chicken now does it??!! Pass me a thin mint!

Kat

Heather - I agree. I have a sweet issue, too. I want to learn to be able to eat more like a "normal" person - sweets included. I don't think we should have to deny ourselves anything either. I am looking forward to the band helping me to follow the adage, "Everything in moderation." Until then, it's the garage for those types of things. I will work with the, "out of sight/out of mind" theory. Karen

I've told my DH for 3 1/2 months now that I can't eat bread. I never tried. Last night I woofed down a Burger King kiddie burger like nobody's business and topped it off with a small order of fries. No pain. NO getting stuck. No PB. All I got out of it was GUILT!!! I'm SO MAD at myself.....

I too have learned to just not buy it, becasue if it's here I will eat it.. why tempt myself I say.... Also my hubby has lost 13 pounds also, and he eats anything he wants, But with no junk food in the house he has also lost.. Wohooo he went down a pants size...

See, now my hubby has had the opposite problem. I leave food on my plate all the time. He was raised that you don't leave food on your plate and he can't get past that mentality. So, he eats my food and is gaining weight as a result.

Somehow the whole girl scout cookie thing passed me by this year and I can only attribute it to divine intervention! It's my first year with not even one box. I can imagine them sliding right down...especially the thin mints with their nice smooth chocolate coating!!!

I cracked!... I bought 4 boxes total.. 1 Peanut Butter patties, 2 peanut butter sandwiches,1 chocolate mint oops.. make that 5 cause I also bought my favorite girl scout Cookies the Caramel Delights!!.. I've been really good just sitting back and watching my hubby and 17 year old eating away......but today it was my co-worker that talked me into trying the lemon cookies.. "their soft just be sure you chew it up well, one won't hurt"... YEAH RIGHT!..

that one cookie was soft but I was eating it ok till I took the last bite and didn't chew it up right!!.. well it was good in my tummy while it lasted.. oh well.. my 1st major cheat and I only enjoyed it for about 10 minutes..