Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something got STUCK!!!!!

So last night I had this terrible headache. It was tension, and I took 2 tylenol. Dr said I can keep taking pills no problems. Well, about 35 minutes later, I'm laying in bed and I start getting all this saliva in my mouth. I think that is what you all call, sliming. Ok, no pain at this point, just saliva, I can't even swallow it. Now, I'm scared and start choking on it. I got into the bathroom and spit it out and the pain starts. What the heck is going on, I had dinner 4 hours ago! This lasted for about 45 minutes.

I guess I will take them 1 at a time an hour apart from now on. OUCH!!!!!

Good news, I'm down to 197 and down 7 inches in a month!!!!

YEAH ME!! I LOVE MY BAND!!!!

Patti

I'm sorry about the sliming but wow, you are melting!!! That's awesome!

Are you cutting your pills? My pharmacist told me to cut mine in fourths. See if that helps if you aren't doing it already.

hey patti and gibson,

my DH was very careful after i had my obstruction experience, and then got some glucophage pill fragments hung to get some liquid tylenol and motrin....my doc also allows liquigel caps of motrin...but i'm not going there...liquid is my deal...especially since my first fill, pills and i are cautious of each other.

that pain you're descrining patti sis it feel like a golf ball etc. in your chest...too bad you couldn't pb it would have felt better at once....but for sure use the liquid form of tylenol and you'll feel better

amanda

I keep some papaya enzyme tablets on hand, and actually take a couple every day in the morning. They taste good, like pineapple flavored sweet tarts. They seem to help when things get stuck.

The other reason for your problems was probably lying down so soon after taking the pills. That's a natural thing to do if you have a headache, but that will cause some reflux when your pouch still has anything in it.

Thanks, I will get some of the liquid stuff. My 6 y/o is causing lots of tension lately. Not getting along with the twins. Need the tylenol. And a shot of Tequila. They just truned the Eckerd by my house into a Rite Aid so I will check there on the way home tonight.

It wasn't really the golf ball feeling that I get when I drink too much at one time, it was more like a burning knife slowly inserting into my chest bone feeling. Oh that sounds bad, not that bad, but sort of like that. the sliming part and choking was what scared me the most. I couldn't swallow my own spit.