Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manchester UK

Hi everyone,

I am having a lapband with Why Go Abroad on Saturday 22nd March 2008.

They don't offer any aftercare at all so I was thinking...

Does anybody in the Manchester area fancy forming a support group together? We could meet up once a week / fortnight and be there for each other to share our experiences, give tips, ask for advice etc etc..

I thought we could meet in a bar or something so it wouldn't cost anything... and there is nothing better than advice and support from people who have actually been there, done that ..

My email address is : - josie@oink.co.uk

I'd love to hear from anyone who's interested

Josie x x :rolleyes2:

I would definately be interested in something like this. It also may be useful trying to find a fill nuse and it could be an evening when we could meet up but also have our bands adjusted?

Where are you planning to have your band adjusted?

I'm not sure where I'm going to get my fills, apparently I can have them done at the hospital group offices in manchester but I think I want an x-ray fill first time. Do you know where I can have that done?

Hi

I had my surgery on saturday and I'm feeling great - went back to work yesterday.

I'm still really interested in meeting up with others who have had the lapband in the area. I feel a bit alone with it because I don't know anyone else who has it - lol. I went with Why Go Abroad for my operation so there is no aftercare. Does anyone know where I can get an xray fill in the northwest?

Thanks

Josie x x

P.S. I've been doing a video log of my lapband journey on you tube -the address is: - YouTube - josiemay1980's Channel

Hi Josie,

I too am from Manchester and feel exactly the same as you! I have tried looking for gastric band support groups in Manchester, but there doesn't seem to be any!

I had my band on 9th Feb this year and have lost 2 stone so far. I'm keen to have a fill in the next month or so, but like you, I'm not too sure where to go!

How are you finding things?

I'd love to meet up and share tips/experiences!

Look forward to hearing from you,

Nichola :)

Hi here are the details of a support group you may be interested in.

We are a very friendly bunch and everyone is welcome - pre or post op - even if your just thinking about it come along - nothing like meeting people who are living the life. We always have a good time, lots of chatting and sharing experiences and supporting each other on our journeys and plenty of laughs too

So please come along and join us - the more the merrier!

Harvester at Horwich Park

1 Arena Approach

Middlebrook Leisure & Retail Park

Horwich

Bolton

BL6 6LB

Tel: 01204 698877

http://www.multimap.co.uk/clients/br...c&pc=BL6%206LB you can enter your postcode on that link for directions door to door.

Directions : Exit at Junction 6 of the M61 (Signposted Horwich and the brown signs for Middlebrook & Reebok Stadium) and at the roundabout, take the Horwich, Middlebrook & Reebok exit (A6027). After about half a mile you will come to a roundabout in front of the Reebok Stadium. Take the left turn at the roundabout and you immediately pass a Holiday Inn Express on the left and next-door is the Harvester pub. Take the left turn beside the Harvester into the pub car park.

When you arrive go through the doors into the bar, and there is a raised area to the right

The Manchester Support Group meets on the first Tuesday of every month (save for the first one in January which is the second Tuesday)

at two different venues on an alternative monthly basis as follows for 2008.

8th January - Ashton-U-Lyne

5th February – Bolton

4th March- Ashton-U-Lyne

1st April– Bolton

6th May- Ashton-U-Lyne

3rd June– Bolton

1st July- Ashton-U-Lyne

5th August– Bolton

2nd September- Ashton-U-Lyne

7th October– Bolton

4th November- Ashton-U-Lyne

2nd December– Bolton

We meet anytime from 7.30pm until approx 10.30pm but people are very welcome to come along at any time as its very informal so please do join us

Ashton venue:-

Sheldon Arms,

Lord Sheldon Way

Ashton-under-Lyne,

Manchester,

OL7 0QN

0161 371 2090

Go into the pub through the car park entrance. We meet in the

area to the left of the doors which will be cordoned off and private

There is plenty of free car parking - its just off the M60 Motorway

Come off at Junction 23 and turn left (you have to - its the traffic flow) and as you pull round to the next set of lights you will see it in front of you slightly to the right - just go straight over those lights

Map link -

http://uk2.multimap.com/map/browse.c...lt=&db=pc〈 =&keepicon=true&pc=OL70QN&advanced=&client=publi c& addr2=&quicksearch=OL7%200QN&addr3=&addr1=

To get directions just pop your postcode into that link

Bolton venue:

Harvester at Horwich Park

1 Arena Approach

Middlebrook Leisure & Retail Park

Horwich

Bolton

BL6 6LB

Tel: 01204 698877

Click here for map:

http://www.multimap.co.uk/clients/br...c&pc=BL6%206LB

you can enter your postcode on that link for directions door to door.

Directions : Exit at Junction 6 of the M61 (Signposted Horwich and the brown signs for Middlebrook & Reebok Stadium) and at the roundabout, take the Horwich, Middlebrook & Reebok exit (A6027). After about half a mile you will come to a roundabout in front of the Reebok Stadium. Take the left turn at the roundabout and you immediately pass a Holiday Inn Express on the left and next-door is the Harvester pub. Take the left turn beside the Harvester into the pub car park.

When you arrive go through the doors into the bar, and there is a raised area to the right

Edited by Mrs D

hello josie i had my band done with hospital group they told me i would be able to go to group support meetings that was 9 months ago that was part of my so called contract with them after surgary they told there was not one in my area yet i have made many new freinds we are all very disappointed as we feel they have taking or money and not given us what was in our contract i have been waiting for a fill since feb got letter other day to tell me it will be on the 16 of april my contract runs out in may or fill nurse left because of the way they were treating people she was a lovely lady she is from leeds and is now doing fills on her own she charges £100 a fill hospital group is a lot more she travels to were you live it you get a group of peaple together i stay in glasgow and i will use sharron when my contract runs out as i would not give hospital group an other penny

hello josie i had my band done with hospital group they told me i would be able to go to group support meetings that was 9 months ago that was part of my so called contract with them after surgary they told there was not one in my area yet i have made many new freinds we are all very disappointed as we feel they have taking or money and not given us what was in our contract i have been waiting for a fill since feb got letter other day to tell me it will be on the 16 of april my contract runs out in may or fill nurse left because of the way they were treating people she was a lovely lady she is from leeds and is now doing fills on her own she charges £100 a fill hospital group is a lot more she travels to were you live it you get a group of peaple together i stay in glasgow and i will use sharron when my contract runs out as i would not give hospital group an other penny

Thanks kitty - would you be able to give me her details please, I could travel to Leeds easily - or if there is a group of us, get her to come to us. My email is josie@oink.co.uk

THaNks x x

I am still looking for anyone who knows of anyone who can do fills?

Does anyone at the support group know of anywhere in the north west you can go?:lol:

Hi

You can have fills at Manchester Royal Infirmary under X-Ray - it costs £150 - phone 07515 256811 and leave a message - the lady will then phone you back and book you in. The waiting list is about a month - I haven't been yet but am booked in for Wednesday (first fill and CAN'T WAIT!!) Right now I'm eating like a pig and weigh the same as the day I had the op :wink2:(