Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

colon cleanse

lindata

She said there were pics of (nasty eeeeeeewwwww) big long ropes of waste and build-up----

Kat

Yes, this is what I was referring to. That's what they were advertising it did.

Okay, I'm sold. I believe y'all. :shades_smile:

Guys, this subject came up on here about a year and a half ago. I remember someone posting pictures of those "long ropes" that they pulled off a web site that sells the stuff. I was completely grossed out. I had never seen anything so disgusting and can't imagine that I would actually have goop like that built up inside me. I think I will stick to veges and high Fiber foods to keep my colon cleansed.

That's cool. I'll bet you have to deal with the other stuff partially because you have to plow through all that to get to the bones - at least on some of us! :-)

I've never been to a chiropractic physician but my acupuncturist (who is also a medical doctor) had a brother who was a chiropractic physician and he had a thriving practice and was very well-respected in our town. I'm sure you are too. I know you are at LBT!

By the way... my neck has been bothering me a lot... can you tell me.... uh??

Just kidding! :thumbup:

I've done one, and I loved it, personally. After surgery my diet changed soooo drastically (duh) and my bowels got all confused. I'd go 4-5 days without pooping!! I did a cleanse and now I poop at least once a day.

FYI - a 'normal' person (whom I've never met!) should poop minimum of 2x per day - EVERYDAY. I think thats insane though - WHO HAS THE TIME!!

PS - If you want to do a cleanse, make sure it's an all natural one, and no less than a 7 day process. Anything faster and it's just not as effective. the purpose isn't to have explosive diarrhea, just to regulate bowel function.

FYI - a 'normal' person (whom I've never met!) should poop minimum of 2x per day - EVERYDAY. I think thats insane though - WHO HAS THE TIME!!

That's so funny!!

PS - If you want to do a cleanse, make sure it's an all natural one, and no less than a 7 day process. Anything faster and it's just not as effective. the purpose isn't to have explosive diarrhea, just to regulate bowel function.

So in other words if you're already pooping 2x/day then you can forego the cleanse?

Btw, my best friend, who I would trust with my own life, is currently on one of these cleanses. Now, she doesn't like to look at her own turds :( but she said she took a peek the other day and saw what looked like a dead, curled up worm. I asked how big it was and she said it was like an earthworm. The cleanse she's on states that it will get rid of any worms in the intestinal tract. So what say you to this?

So in other words if you're already pooping 2x/day then you can forego the cleanse?

Btw, my best friend, who I would trust with my own life, is currently on one of these cleanses. Now, she doesn't like to look at her own turds :( but she said she took a peek the other day and saw what looked like a dead, curled up worm. I asked how big it was and she said it was like an earthworm. The cleanse she's on states that it will get rid of any worms in the intestinal tract. So what say you to this?

I say eeeeewwwwwwww! That's so disgusting!

Lol. Some ppl naturally have thin soft stools that will 'curl' in the cold Water of the toilet. If she's never looked at her own stool before then who knows, maybe this is normal for her. I kinda doubt she pooped out an earthworm. Intestinal worms are typically very small... unless you have a tapeworm...

I just have to say that I am thouroughly grossed out by this whole discussion! :(

Lol. Some ppl naturally have thin soft stools that will 'curl' in the cold Water of the toilet. If she's never looked at her own stool before then who knows, maybe this is normal for her. I kinda doubt she pooped out an earthworm. Intestinal worms are typically very small... unless you have a tapeworm...

According to Dr. Oz your poops are supposed to curl!

The conversations we have here.... ;o)

According to Dr. Oz your poops are supposed to curl!

Yeah, I missed that Oprah, darn it all!

Hmm, a tapeworm. Interesting. It might have been. She did say that she had always felt something in her stomach and then after a week on the cleanse this feeling stopped. I think she's so grossed out by the whole subject herself that she doesn't really want to even think about it too much. But it could have been this tapeworm dying ... More food for thought

this is not the conversation I was expecting when I came in here, but thanks for the LOL

Is this what they do on the show "You Are What You Eat"? I love that show and it almost always shows them going in for something having to do with the colon - and it shows clips while they are in there , like with a tube with "stuff" in it. Sounds interesting - but I don't think I am up for it.