Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's in charge?!

I sometimes feel disappointed or dumbfounded when I see a post such as this - one bandster was consoling another bandster by saying, 'it's ok if you haven't lost any weight because I had my surgery 8 months ago and haven't lost ANY weight.' This is NOT good advice.

THANK YOU!!!! I was beginning to think I was an insensitive a$$ for thinking things like this. (not to say I'm not anyway:biggrin:) I've been banded for 6 mos and got lucky that I was having really good success and didn't have my first fill until this past Thur at my 6 mo checkup. But, I realize I am an exception. If someone is struggling with losing weight with the band, they need to realize something is out of whack. Either they are eating too much, aren't exercising enough, or both.

I see alot of people on here who complain about being slow losers and then check their posts to see they aren't putting the effort in needed. From day 1, I made the choice to get to my goal weight as quickly as possible and then stay there. I watch what I eat, give in occasionally to cravings with just a little bite, and work my arse off at the gym.

So, I would say for once in my life, my adult is in charge.

I took this to mean just what this thread started about. Shut your gob (stop complaining) and move your a$$. Either way it works for me.

THANK YOU!!!! I was beginning to think I was an insensitive a$$ for thinking things like this. (not to say I'm not anyway:biggrin:) I've been banded for 6 mos and got lucky that I was having really good success and didn't have my first fill until this past Thur at my 6 mo checkup. But, I realize I am an exception. If someone is struggling with losing weight with the band, they need to realize something is out of whack. Either they are eating too much, aren't exercising enough, or both.

I see alot of people on here who complain about being slow losers and then check their posts to see they aren't putting the effort in needed. From day 1, I made the choice to get to my goal weight as quickly as possible and then stay there. I watch what I eat, give in occasionally to cravings with just a little bite, and work my arse off at the gym.

So, I would say for once in my life, my adult is in charge.

Hi Ceradad,

Thanks so much for your post. WOW!!! You really are working hard, and I want to congratulate you on your weight loss. Well done!! :laugh:

Bandsters like you are my inspiration to work harder. Another that comes to mind is Boo Boo Kitty.

Anne

Love this thread !

It reminds me of a saying from my days in OA - find someone that has what you want, and ask them how they did it.

I try to use this motto when seeking tips and hints on this forum. I read the tips from those at goal, or very close to it. I dont want advice from those who are not losing weight. After all I am already quite good at being fat, so no advice needed.

I know the above is going to piss some people off. I mean no disrespect, I am just sharing MY personal philosophy.

Ceredad:

99 - Cool one to go to the big 100 pound mark. You're doing fabulously. Congratulations. I agree that it's a big mind game. Tell youself you're going to do it, then do it. Occasionally making a poor food choice isn't going to throw you much off track, so I think that taking care of a craving once in a while helps me to keep on track 99% of the time.

Tomorrow you'll probably hit 100. Congratulations!

Sue

Thank you so much for the great encouragement. It really helps me sometimes to get that.

I've been lucky compared to some on here. I am a police officer and if you want some of the most un-P.C. people around, hang out with cops. Especially if they are ex military.:angry: Great guys and women, but they take health, fitness and appearance very serious. They are a main reason why I had to get this surgery. I was tired of being the "jolly fat guy" around here.

As much teasing as I got for being big, they have been just as supportive seeing how much and how hard I am working at this. They see me eat 2 meals a day at least. They know what I am eating. They see how much effort I am putting in the gym. So, as I said, I'm lucky there.

Plus, my DW has been nothing but supportive of my efforts. It would be so easy for her to complain that I leave at 0445 every morning to get to the gym to do cardio and then not get home until after 6 pm because I am lifting after work. But, she doesn't. She knows I am doing this for her and DD as much as myself.

So, if you are going to go through the pain of the surgery, go through the pain of working out and watching what you eat. Making the decision to have the surgery is the easy part. Overcoming a lifetime of excuses is the hard part.

Done rambling. And, all of you are doing just as great. Seeing some of the numbers you guys are putting up makes me work that much harder. Thanks.:thumbup: