Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone heard of this..........?

I just read on another board, this girl, she's 22yrs old. her BMI is 35,3 and she lives on the east coast and is going to Texas for her surgury. Don't know why?

Her "Doctor" told her to wear 10lb weights on her ankles and wrote down that she's 2 inches shorter.

This is going to sound pety of me and I'm embarrest. She has UHC and was approved. I have UHC, BMI 48, I'm 35, had 3 natural births, nursed my 3 little babies. UHC told me "sorry lady no can do". I know it's not her fault. But I'm struggling to get the money together, but I'm not giving up........I'm staying positive.

Thers this other women on that board who has a problem with her legs, they swell up really bad, I mean they are really BIG and she has such a hard time getting around. shes been trying to get this surgury done, but her insurance is giving her a hard time. Why doesn't she get a break?

Shame on ME!!!!!!

p.s. wheres "spell check"?

I agree.. some people get a approval faster then others... Im with UHC and I have a BMI: of 62.9 I thought that I would never get approved... but finally I did... good thing to Im breaking down.....

Fight them... ask why, who and where... you can do it... Good luck with it all.. let me know how things go okay!

Ask to talk to the Care Department.. and see what they say.. What UHC do you have.. EPO? PPO? PPO Choice???

I think that when you knowingly go to an unethical doctor, you get what you're asking for and what you deserve.

Perhaps the doctor was just trying to help his patient get this surgery, and knew the struggle she would have if she didn't report a higher number. These insurance companies can be unfair at times to people who desperately need treatment, and get refused for something that will make them healthier in the long run.

Perhaps the doctor was just trying to help his patient get this surgery, and knew the struggle she would have if she didn't report a higher number. .

well said Audrey... I am sorry Beachbabe that you are going through this as well.Once you do find out why you were denied you will be able to fight more & combat any issue they throw at you. You could even use your examples. I sure hope you get it !

My policy with PacifiCare also has an "exclusion" but I am fighting to get reimbursement. I have heard that PacifiCare is not approving the band. SO, keep fighting.

~Trish...

My policy has an "exclusion" and I was told theres no way around it.....s*cks.

I'm glad for the young girl. I remember when I was that age, and the pressure to be thin. A guy told me if I lost 5lbs than I would be "HOT".

Idiot!

It just s*cks that someome with "major problems" can't run into a Dr. like hers. I'm not all that worried about myself, I'll come up with money.

I'm PMSing right now and suddenly the whole is against me. The sun will come back out and I'll be singing about baby birds chirping in the spring time in a few days.

Just some thoughts, I'm in the medical industry. Although it sucks what the other person did I wanted to shead some light on the insurance thing.

The employers who purchase these policies customize them to meet their budgets and so on. So saying you have a United HealthCare Policy means absolutely nothing until your individual benefits and rules of the policy are brought to light.

It still sucks!

I'm with you on the PMS thing - I've been a bear this time around

Debby

Bandster in training

Well...we can TRY to justify it because we're all too special to follow the rules...or we can call it what it is, insurance fraud.