Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I plan on cooking my normal thankgiving meal and I also plan on eating everything I make. I will only eat a bite or 2 of everything and I plan on enjoying it. Then I'll probably eat leftovers the next day. I also plan on eating a peice or 2 of pie.

My son and his family will be here and I will give them a lot of the left overs. My biggest weakness will be the pies so I'll try to have them out of my house as quick as possible.

My calorie intake will probably be on the high side for about 2 days, but if I think of what I used to eat over the holidays it will be about 90% less. I used to be able to eat 3 peices of pie a day or maybe even more. I know I won't do that ever again.

(Thanks for the nudge, Amanda - I shut the blog down for a while because of weird circumstances. I'll open it up again.)

Yeah, so the weigh in... Gah. The damage? I gained 17 pounds in 3 1/2 months.

But, OK, that's what I did. Let's see how quickly I can make my 100!

I also started seeing a therapist - a "shrink", I believe they call them. Well, re-started. And that was nice.

SO, yes, back, eating right, walking a lot, taking the talking cure. I think my head's back in the game. I'm motivated, it's going well, and I'm glad to be here among friends.

I will put the meeting on the calendar. I hope I can get there for at least one of the days.

I too have had trouble logging on recently. Glad to know I'm not alone.

I am hosting Thanksgiving and I will be seeing the surgeon on the Tues before, so depending on what we decide to do about a fill I may be on mushies. I will have a little of everything...which means some turkey and a bite or two of my favorite sweet potato cassarole and a cauliflower dish that was in Cooking Light magazine this month. I know mashed potatoes are not worth it and the other veggies will just be steamed carrots and broccoli. I will have a bite of pumpkin pie.

I have been focusing on getting my excersize time worked out. I have decided earlier works better for me. So I have decided to try out 6:30 AM instead of 7:00 PM. it's amazing how distracting an 8, 4, and 2 year old can be while trying to focus on excersize at 7PM. So it's back to the morning routine. With my new job, it's more do-able since I can do it at 6:30 AM instead of 5:00 AM. I will let you know how it goes.

Fenton, glad to hear it's only 17 pounds! In the past I've gone on diets and lost 40 pounds and within 3 months gained it all plus a few extra back! So now let's see if you can get to your 100 pound off mark by the turn of the year. I plan on getting to Onederland by then, but I am running out of time, so how about a little competition?

Christine

For me to get to my hundred will mean losing 23 pounds in 6 weeks, give or take. I can probably do it.

Although I'll be in Paris for a month, without things like a blender, and those meal shakes. Or Protein powder.

But I think I can do it... You're on!

At the least, the competition might help me keep my nose clean.

OK, so I did it. I think it's a good way to start the day.

Fenton, I too would have to lose about 21 lbs in 6 weeks...with lots of baking etc thrown in because of the holidays. Don't know if I can do it, but I'm going to give it a try!

Christine

I would love to come to the conference but that is the weekend my youngest son makes his confirmation, and also his birthday!!!

Maybe next time.

Well, I go to the doctor today...I don't think my number is going to be impressive and I wonder if he will want to do a fill. I have been eating more carbs than Protein lately, and I don't know that a fill is what I need, or a kick in the a**!

We shall see what he says.

Yesterday Valerie Bertonalli was on tv talking about her book, and said there is this saying at Jenny Craig:

It's not about perfection... It's about progress!

I think this is my new motto!!!!

looks like the plans for thanksgiving are getting started. I am going to someone's house so have no control over what the choices will be, but plan on making wise choices with my options and eating small quantities. The quantity part should not be difficult. I am still quite restricted after my fill in Sept. so the coices are up to me. :rolleyes2:

lots of stress to deal with at this time, so making wise choices has been tough. I seem to fall into my comfort foods... BAD idea I know

Well... down another 2 pounds in the past month...not too impressive. I am scheduled for an adjustment on Dec 2nd.

Jonathan- Welcome back, for real!! You keep talking about no this or that in Paris. Well Mr whiny pants- You're in freakin Paris not outer space. I'm sure you can get your hands on a blender. Hell we'll all chip in and order it online and ship it to you as a house warming/You Wrote A Book!! present. What am I saying you WROTE A BOOK- you buy your own blender. As for the Protein order yourself some unjury to take with you or ship it ahead of you. Dude you'll do fine :)

PS Hawaii? Do they have blenders there?

Tess

I have heard the saying "Practice makes progress."

OK, so I did it. I think it's a good way to start the day.Christine

:thumbup:HOORAY FOR YOU!!!!!

:)

One day at a time.

Haha, Amanda.

I'm one of those people, though, who finds eat easier to stick to a plan when all the tools are there. I'm more likely to eat right if I open the fridge and find Trader Joe's chicken strips in there, than if it's empty. And I'm familiar with Paris as a bit more than a tourist, but I"m not yet a native, so I don't know where to go to get the things I need. I'm certainly going to take a lot of stuff - Fibersure for sure, and, now that I think of it, some PB2. I've been trying to figure out whether or not I should buy a blender; there's a vegetarian joint a couple of streets over from me whcih I bet would have smoothies, and I guess I could bring my own powder if they didn't have any Protein Powder.

I'll just have to nail down a new routine quickly, that's all.

I've started yoga again, which is good.

Tess, you lost two pounds in the last month; I probably gained about eight.

Y'see, as I like to say, it's not about perfection - it's about *progress*.

Understand where I'm coming from?

Yes, I need to remind myself I am not perfect and never will be... just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other!!!!!

Jonathan- you need to make yourself a travel kit to satisfy your new lifestyle... you travel so much, once you get it planned out of the things to have available even in other countries, you will be set!!! You can do it, make a plan and stick to it!!!!