Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Welcome back A-dub, Fenton has been lost without you!

I really respect the way that you are dealing with your hair issue. I have PCOS as well, and was dealing with the shedding thing even before the surgery. I am petrified that the loss will accelerate as the weight continues to come off. The fact that you had enough courage to go the wig route (and it looks fabulous by the way!) is huge. I think you look beautiful! And just like WCmom says, the short cut may be totally hot on you!

And as far as guys are concerned, you would really be surprised at how many of them accept us, faults, flaws and all, when we accept ourselves. You are amazing, and any guy worthy of you will agree!

annie--I knew you got the wig but I didn't know the hair loss was to that extent. That sounds very very upsetting --- even when you are told that it will grow back. I'm really sorry you are going through this.

Lynn --sounds like you are coming along with your fill. They did mine with an xray machine this time. I was SHOCKED when he said he was going to put in 3cc -- on top of the 4 that was already in there. He didn't even have me drink the barrium. Just told me to do a few days liquid, then mushies, then soilds. He said if I PB more than a few times come back in. I think I pushed it too fast. Only had liquid that day -- then I went to Cape Cod and I've been trying to eat just a tiny (and I do mean tiny) amount of Fish. It caused me to PB. I can't even take more than several small sips of Water without a feeling of back-up. At this rate I'm only getting in about 3 glasses of Water a day! I did have a little egg this AM and then some refried Beans tonight. I don't don't. I'm going to try to stick with liquid tomorrow -- then mushies for a few days. If it doesn't get better within a couple of days-- I'm going to go get some of the fill out.

Thanks WCM. I've been thinking about just embracing the super-short hair, I will see how it looks when I get it cut tomorrow. The problem is that I have a chubby moon-face, and so I worry that it will look terrible.

Ah well, even if the super short doesn't look so great, at least it will be easier under the wig. Maybe in another 10kgs (25 lbs) I will embrace it.

Nothing like being "one of those fabulous bald women who is all about earrings".

And the "letting go of what other people think" bit? I can't wait for that day. It currently eludes me.

Welcome back A-dub, Fenton has been lost without you!

I really respect the way that you are dealing with your hair issue. I have PCOS as well, and was dealing with the shedding thing even before the surgery. I am petrified that the loss will accelerate as the weight continues to come off. The fact that you had enough courage to go the wig route (and it looks fabulous by the way!) is huge. I think you look beautiful! And just like WCmom says, the short cut may be totally hot on you!

And as far as guys are concerned, you would really be surprised at how many of them accept us, faults, flaws and all, when we accept ourselves. You are amazing, and any guy worthy of you will agree!

Thanks, Lisa. I bet Fenton was lost without me -- no one to tease! Poor guy.

Yep, I always had thin hair pre-banding and now it's the same PCOS pattern, just even worse. I hope that you don't have to go through the same thing.

And you know how it is when you're in your 20s -- especially with guys in their 20s -- image is everything. So I've been pretty depressed lately - the image has taken a real hit.

Anyway, i'm moving on to short short hair tomorrow, and we'll just see. Just taking it one day at a time..

And if you know any of those guys who accept faults, flaws and general crazyness, send them my way! :biggrin:

Annie....Sending huge hugs your way. So sorry you are going through this.

IMHO I think your wig looks fantastic and your pictures on the photo thread show that you are a really beautiful girl...it's up to the right guy now to see that it's not just on the outside but on the inside. The right guy may come along within the next 6-12 months, he may not...it's a fact. If he does come along and really is a guy of worth he'll get the whole hair thing and he'll realize it's what's inside that matters. So, I guess I agree with your friend that it will be a great way to weed out the jerks early on.

The first step to anyone accepting any part of you is accepting yourself. When I met my husband I was 25 yrs old and had just gotten out of a bad relationship (found out the guy was married...she lived in Canada with the kids, he as in the States). I had just given everything up and moved to Saudi Arabia to work. I was there for me....to make money for me....to travel and start anew. When I met my husband he got me...the real me. I hid nothing and was totally myself from day one. None of those new relationship cover-ups or I hope he does not notice this or that. I did not want a relationship. Sure I wanted sex....but not the whole head trip. So for the first time in my life I was out there being me, unafraid because I wasn't EXPECTING to find anything but just have some fun. Boy was I shocked when a few months in I found out that this guy that I was just having great sex and fun with was in love with me.

Anyway, I guess it's my very long winded way of saying that maybe over the next few months focus on you and what you love about you and what really makes you feel good. You are worth it. You have taken this huge step in transforming yourself and it's had the really unfortunate side effect of losing your hair, but it's temporary loss. Good luck with your hair-cut today. If you feel comfortable post a photo when it's done.

Hugs!

Christine

Well Banditos,

Here it is! I kinda like it, at the moment (half an hour after the fact). Maybe tonight I will be in tears, but who knows. I'm still in two minds as to whether I just go about with this, or wear the wig, or a combination of both....

But anyway, here it is! Bloody short, bloody thin, my bloody natural colour!

Opinions appreciated!

Annie.

post-233338-13813137308365_thumb.jpg

post-233338-13813137308662_thumb.jpg

Annie....I think it's adorable and suits you well!

Your eyes are amazing.....the haircut really brings them out.

It's brave and daring, just like you!

OMG, Annie, that cut is CUTE TO DEATH! I swear that it suits you, it really, really does. Cry if you need to, feel it, mourn it, and then embrace it! Not everyone can carry that look off, and it looks amazing on you! Forget the wig, I totally love that cut! Your glasses look fabo with it! :unsure:

Annie

I like it. I really do.

Mourn it, embrace it. You are more then your hair. I know you don't think so now. For a lot of big girls their hair is their one bit of normal in a large size world. No matter how high the scale jumped your hair was your crowning glory. I get that.

Shit changes. Priorities change. bodies change. People change. Change sucks sometimes.

Ya Im rambling. sorry.

You look good to me.

That is an adorable cut and I LOVE the length!!! You said it was thin but I could not tell. A new look to go with the new you!!!

Annie - At 41, I am way to old and uncool to say "bloody" anything without it sounding silly, but I will go with your theme and say it looks "bloody good"! I love your glasses too. I know what you think counts way more than what we all think, so I hope you can start feeling it too.

Annie, I'm a short hair kind girl and I love it love it love it...looks very natural I wouldn't change a thing!!!

sharon;)

Annie, You look really CUTE! :thumbup:I imagine it's hard to see yourself in that short hair when you're not used to a girl with that haircut staring back at you in the mirror. But as someone who's not used to seeing you with longer hair (or at all other than your avatar!), I want you to know that a fresh pair of eyes just sees someone who is adorable and saucy and can carry that look off. No problem!

Now if you add a smile and start believing how good you really do look, there'll be no stopping you. Aussie boys, you'd better watch out!