Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Finally!! I've bounced all around for weeks and weeks and weeks and today I finally became a member of Onderland!!!! 198! It's been 6 years!

Congratulations Texgirl on making it to Onederland!!

Christine

Kerri, So sorry to hear about your loss of your Grandma. As the other have said, the weight will come off again.

Hugs!

Christine

OK I think I hurt my band with that PB the other day. 2 days ago I had my first PB. Yesterday I did all liquids and by yesterday evening was having trouble if I took more than a sip at a time. Today I tried oatmeal for Breakfast and it felt like it sat in my gullet for a good 5 hours. In that time if I drank a sip of Water I slimed miserably. So I did liquids today too. Took me quite a while to get my slimfast down and my smoothie was a bit too thick, kept feelinglike it was backing up. I really hope my PB did not cause my band to slip. Anyone else have this experience after a PB? I have not had a fill since May.

Why would I be so tight suddenly? Kind of worried, but trying to simply stick to the fluids and see if in a few days I can move on to mushies. I guess this will accelerate my weightloss for a little bit.

Christine

Hopefully another day on liquids will be the trick to feel better after your PB

I had fill #2 today, :blink: 1 more cc in my 14cc band. At 5cc now. Liquids for a few days, then mushies, so back to regular food by Monday.

I have a concern with my band. Lately I have been feeling sore under my breast area, sort of an empty, sore feeling. If I arch my back it takes the pressure off that area but I can't spend the day with an arched back, (my office is in a mental institution, people would talk). I am wondering if medication I am on for arthritis (liquid Tylenol) has irritated my stomach and caused problems although I do try to drink fluids after taking the medication to wash it through my pouch.

Christine, I'm sure that a PB causes quite a lot of straining around the restricted area, and you get some residual swelling. Give it a bit of time to calm down.

Busy, Tylenol's pretty good about not irritating stomachs, although that can happen. See how you do for a day or to, then check in with your surgeon if it's still weird?

Kerri!

I am sorry for your loss. It is such a tough thing to deal with!

As for the 3 pounds, well don't feel bad about that. Try, in the coming days, to put youself back on the straight and narrow. (I feel this pretty hard as I had played with the same few pounds for 2 months) It is tough when you are struggling a bit, but the best thing you can do is keep going. You will be back to oneunderland soon!

Howdy!

I am so thrilled that the plateau of the last 2 months is gone! I am finally in the 250's! YEAH!!!! The best part is that it was mostly all me and relatively little band. It is motivating me like nothing else has recently. I am afraid to eat the wrong things or too much because I don't want to ever see 260 anything again! In less than 3 pounds, I will be at 30 pounds lost since February. Woohoo!

I even will have another fill at the end of the month. I can't wait. I don't really want PBs or slimes, but I have very little restriction. I can eat anything and I do mean anything!

Fenton- thanks for the super nsv comment. You sure can make me laugh. :lol:

I have a concern with my band. Lately I have been feeling sore under my breast area, sort of an empty, sore feeling. If I arch my back it takes the pressure off that area but I can't spend the day with an arched back, (my office is in a mental institution, people would talk). I am wondering if medication I am on for arthritis (liquid Tylenol) has irritated my stomach and caused problems although I do try to drink fluids after taking the medication to wash it through my pouch.

Busy-I too have had that discomfort under the left side. While traveling on vacation in the car I had to use a pillow under my left arm so I could sit up taller and lean away from that side. I also notice it with my posture being more slouched in a chair. I think it maybe pressure on the diaphragm. It is definitely a positional issue for me. If I sit after I have eaten a meal it is even more uncomfortable.

Tess

Hope-Congratulations on your 250"s!!!!! I can't wait to be there someday!!!!

:lol::thumbup::confused::thumbup::sleep::thumbup:

Tess

Thank you all for your kind words and support!

Yesterday was a rough day for me as I didn't get in from Boston until 10pm on Wednesday, and it was right back to work yesterday at 7am. My brain hasn't had a second to rest. The lack of sleep and time to process what I just went through has gotten the best of me.. I can't tell you guys how much your words have helped!

This morning I am down 1lb.. I think getting back into my routine will be so helpful! 2 more lbs to go, and I can start over again..

My Nana sent me a card 3 weeks ago that said she was so proud of me for doing so well with the band, and finally hitting onderland. This morning I put the card on my fridge as a reminder to eat the right things, stay on track, and make my Nana proud.

I can do this:)

Thanks again to all of you <<<cyber hugs!>>>

~Kerri

I was moved by the note your Nana sent you and knowinbg she was a great supported for you. She will be missed I am sure, but you were able to have those last few days with her and your family..

Hang in there and the 3# will be gone before you know it.