Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Sorry Shamrocks, I've mostly just been trolling the last few days. Been busy!

Fenton, I finished your book, and absolutely loved it! I'm recommending it to everyone. Can't wait for the sequel!

Band-wise, something is going on today. I really wanted to have some Pasta today, so I had some for lunch and PB'd it. I've managed to eat it successfully once before, so I thought I would be ok. But then I've PB'd everything else I have eaten today, so I must have swollen up after the first one. Looks like 24 hours of liquids for me!

In addition to this, I've gone into a type of "bandster hell" the past two days. I'm not hungry, I feel well restricted, but my head hunger is OUT OF CONTROL. I had a pretty good handle on it up until now, but right now I just want to put anything and everything into my mouth. It's unbelieveable! It's like all my willpower has suddenly flown out of the window.

Any suggestions? Help!

Amamda...WoW! 2 triathalons this summer! I will be cheering you on. What amazing motivation.

Christine

In the grand "physician, heal thyself" tradition, I'm going to take my own advice. I've set myself a mini-goal: I'm heading down to Naples on July 19th - three weeks from now. If I can lose 13 pounds before I go, I'll have hit my 100 lb loss marker, which would feel cool.

So! For the next 3 weeks, stricter consuming, and more exercise!

MINIGOAL: 13 Pounds in 3 weeks...

13 pound in 3 weeks sounds realistic for you! You can do this and will probalby surpass it. You amaze me.

Christine

Scrappy ...you have lost almost a hundred pounds from your highest weight! That must feel amazing!!!

You will make your goal of onederland before your birthday!

Christine

I just came back from the Drs. I lost the 4.5 lbs I gained plus lost another 3 lbs . I didn't get another fill today because I think I'm doing good since I got the last fill . If you noticed I didn't change my ticker when I gained but I changed it now . I also joined the gym today . I never thought I'd do that . I start tomorrow .

COngrats on the loss....Doesn't it feel great to be back on track? Joining the gym is a great step....going is even better! How is it going? Do you have a trainer?

Christine

Annie, since you are on liquids now because of the PB episodes. Try some of the shake alternatives like adding Peanut Butter or somefresh fruit to your Protein shakes to switch it up a bit. I HATE the head stuff. The physical hunger can be fed in a healthy way andeasily satisfied, but the head stuff I try to treat with excersize or company. If it's not possible to go out for a walk, or meet a friend I polish my nails...keeps me busy for a bit and then while waiting for the polish to set, you don't want to smudge the polish, so you won't eat much.

Hope this phase passes.

Christine

I'm back for my trip to Dubai...what an amazing city, but nothing like what I was expecting. It was wonderful to see my friends. My band got much tighter from the long flights and now my restriction level is very high. I am scheduled for a fill on Thurday and will see how I feel today and tomorrow before deciding if I should reschedule.

Has anyone else noticed a tightening when traveling by plane? My MD told me that people report changes in restiction with air travel, stress, (for women) chnage in cycle. I did not notice it so much when I took a 6 hour flight before, but it was really noticable on this trip.

On my friend's scale, I was down to 248!!! My home scale says 250, still a movement in the right direction and in a few days I will be below 250!!! Happy dance for me!!

Christine

kayacking, triathelons... wow, everyone is stepping up the game for exercixe. WTG :cool2: :smile: :smile:

I plug along with my walking, Water aerobics and weights for toning. just trying to keep ahead of the flapping skin. Not sure how much help it is doing for that, but I sure feel great. :thumbup:

Gotta run erands all day before getting back to work tomorrow..but definitely makin it to water aerobics first, then heading out.

Have a great day

Erika congrats on making it to onederland, that's great news. Who did you fill was it Dr. H or Tim? I hated the first fill also, the second fill was a piece of cake and didn't hurt at all, the third fill hurt a little but not too bad. I think the first one was probably the worst because I didn't know what to expect. Luckily though I still have pretty good restriction from this fill so I might not need another one for a while.

To everybody that's upping their exercising you guys rock, I have to admit with all the vacationing that I've been doing plus the fact that I was sick 4 or 5 days last week I have gotten out of the habit of doing my treadmill and since we'll be going on vacation again the end of the week, I really need to get myself moving again. Lynn, we are going to Florida for 2 weeks and I thought about taking a walk on the beach everyday and after hearing that you did just motivated me more to do the same. We're taking the RV and staying in a park right on the beach so I shouldn't have any excuses. :thumbup:

walking on the beach was great, relaxiong and peaceful at the time of the morning i went. I walked about 30 minutes and it was 1.5 miles, according to my pedometer. I am going to Ocean City, MD in August and will make a morning trip on the beach every day..

I just feel the need to congratulate everyone! It seems like we are all doing great and everyone is such an inspiration to me. Honestly, if someone told me a year ago that I'd soon be walking 4 miles a day I would have laughed at them. I'm so excited about this journey. Thanks everyone!

My trainer said I should only do one of the two races because they are one week apart and that would be very hard on me (the recovery). So Im only going to do the one on Aug 2nd. (I think. I have until the race day 7/27 to decide)

Walking on the beach is soo good for you. You use your core because of the uneven sandy surface. I even heard it's good for folks with joint issues because of the softer surface, no pounding. It beats the treadmill any day.

Annie could you be craving a certain food? Maybe your body is telling you you need something. Iron? Salt? CHOCOLATE!!!

I think you are at the point where most folks are faced with the fork in the road- Left- F*this. I suck at dieting, just give me the chocolate!! Right- I will be truly virtuous and never touch chocolate again ever in my life. Center- give yourself a bit of a treat each day that is counted in you total cals. Plan for it and accept it.

As for the bping. I've been told that if I get stuck it's liquids for a day to help relieve the inflammation around the band.

Keep your chin up(and mouth closed around the sweets) this to shall past.

anniedub----2 thoughts come to mind: 1) sounds like you may be craving carbs? Did you eat an unusual amount of carbs recently (besides the pasta)? That may have triggered you? Or are you in a place in your cycle that may be triggering carb craving? 2) Being the psychological type I am wondering --- if there is a particular anniversary for you around now that is either sad or very happy? Anniversary grief or joy reactions are pretty common affect and behavior triggers.

A-Dub, I agree with Penny's diagnosis of your problem, and have actually pinpointed the root cause: you're clearly suffering from withdrawal after finishing The Book. Your productive belching shall be my motivation to complete A HARD DEATH asap!

I'm not 100% sure I follow you, though: if you're PB'ing everything, is anything staying down? Because if it's not, that would explain your situation - your body is HUNGRY! Are you able to get your Protein in?

Welcome back, Christine - and great news on the imminent breach of 250! It won't be too long before you're zeroing in on Onederland, too...

Lynn, I'm incredibly jealous of your Water aerobics class! That sounds really great. I'm staying with friends who have a pool next month, and I think I may try to develop my own version of Water aerobics.

Amanda, I think your trainer's advice sounds really solid. The idea of just focusing on the August event, getting yourself into tip-top shape for it, seems ideal!