Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

A-dub: supposedly because of the weak dollar, Nintendo has been sending most of its allotment of exported equipment to Europe and Australia - US dollar prices are lower than those of foreign currencies anyway, and now that the US$ is worth spit, they're maximizing profits by selling their product for top dollar in smaller markets.

Glad to hear that my book is available exclusively in fancy-shmancy bookstores in Oz!

Ohhh Fenton.. I'm always laughing at your posts! I love the GTA and quilting comparison.. Maybe that could be a new marketing strategy? Grand Theft Auto- Vice City Quilting.. It could reach out to millions! lol

I too am Wii-less. I have looked into it a bit, and it looks like great fun! I desperately need to tie fun and exercise together. I HATE TO EXERCISE! I work out 2- 3 times a week for about 1 hour. Which is 2-3 times I never worked out in the past, but still not good enough. I just can't get myself motivated. I know if I worked out longer/ harder/ more often, I would lose faster. I actually have gained 1.5lbs... Maybe it would help if I had a buddy? Sheesh.. I am my own worst enemy!

I called the office again about getting a fill sooner. They refuse to let me talk to my Doc.. I asked to leave him a message, and they said that he's too busy, and has no time to return messages.. They kindly reminded me of the strict 6 week wait for a fill..

HOWEVER.. A lady just chimed in on the Maine board, same Doc as me... She is frustrated that she has no restriction at 2.5 months out, and get this- has had 3 fills. So lets review this together lol.. I had surgery on March 19.. I am 2.5 months out as well.. I had my first and only fill on May 13. My next fill is scheduled for June 26.

I thought about PM-ing the lady that posted on here, but I don't want her to think I'm personally attacking her. My frustrations have nothing to do with her, but with the office itself, and their lack of consistency.

Any ideas on how to deal with this? I just don't get it.. And the frustration is getting the best of me!

Thanks for listening to me whine! I've been needing to get this out:)

~Kerri

Kerri- first off Happy Birthday!! (even if it is a bit late)

I would PM the other person just to talk them up a bit. Ask general ??s When banded, fills, how do they like the process so far? Maybe you could get some more information on the workings of the Dr office and maybe get in contact with others at the same office. Does your Dr have a support group you can be part of? Where you can talk to others banded by this Dr? Then you will have the ammo to go after the office policies.

Remember everyone is different and perhaps this other person has a different size band as you. Thats all I can think of.

I understand your frustration with waiting for fills. My Dr has a very conservative fill policy.

Hang in there!!:tongue2:

Fenton - love your idea of how to contribute to a charity that feeds the world to Celebrate your loss.

It is so interesting to see how varied things can be from one person to the next out of the same office and getting banded about the same time. The two people who got their first fill on the same day as me were able to get their 2nd fill at 4 weeks and 5 weeks respectively but I was told they were holding hard and fast to the 6 weeks between fills so I've been hanging in there. I sure can relate to Kerri's wanting her 2nd fill. I am lined up for tomorrow under fluro for #2 fill.

Thanks Amanda and SpecialK for the replies! I have been trying to not let the frustration get to me, but boy, I was feeling it this morning! I think I will take your advice Amanda, and write to the other person and see what I can get for info. Maybe her band is different? Or she's related to the doctor lol..

Thanks again for the support! Good luck to you tomorrow specialk with fill #2! I hope you get some restriction from it:)

~Kerri

p.s. thanks for the b-day wishes Amanda! As you can see I didn't make my goal, but pretty darn close!

A-dub: supposedly because of the weak dollar, Nintendo has been sending most of its allotment of exported equipment to Europe and Australia - US dollar prices are lower than those of foreign currencies anyway, and now that the US$ is worth spit, they're maximizing profits by selling their product for top dollar in smaller markets.

Glad to hear that my book is available exclusively in fancy-shmancy bookstores in Oz!

Aha, that makes sense. Meanwhile, I'm LOVING the weak US dollar. Aus-US currency is almost at parity, hasn't been anywhere near there for 20 years! I'm contemplating buying some US shares while the going's good!

And just to be a bastard, I thought i'd let you all know how much i LOVE WiiFit! Especially Hula-hooping, yeehah!

KPod, I'm sure if you explain your position, the other Mainer will be happy to give you advice about how she managed to get those fills. Don't make her defensive, just ask her if she had any trick to persuading them - promise you won't reveal her name!

I think that the Strict Fill Interval docs believe is that learning to accept a degree of hunger might be beneficial. Again, when *I* feel hunger, I embrace it as a sign that I'm losing weight. And my body has become accustomed to much smaller volumes of food, particularly because I have a fair amount of liquids still - my Breakfast most days is the tasty health shake <tm> that I adapted from someone here (who WAS it who introduced the chocolate/banana/peanut butter thing?).

Anyway, it continues to go well for me. As of today I'm down 83 lbs since my first weigh-in at the doc's at the end of January. And my exercise level is way up.

WHICH REMINDS ME! KPod, moving from No Exercise to exercising two to three times a week is GREAT! And as your weight loss continues, I bet you'll exercise more, as you see and feel the results!

KEEP IT UP!

I genuinely believe that exercise is the key to attaining great weight loss results with the band. Or with anything.

(I think I'm repeating myself.)

BTW, Amanda - thats some pretty stellar weight loss there! You've been a bit quiet lately, but... NICE WORK!

Finally, where the hell is Teri from KC??? I hope she's not Gone Wild in Nashville!

And by "Gone Wild In Nashville", I don't mean getting plastered and flashing "the girls" (as you women apparently like to say) at a video camera for a few bucks...

Thanks I needed that advice also Fenton on exercise. Moving from no exercise to 2-3 times a week. It has been very difficult to exercise due to a knee injury last year. I fell and tore basically everything in my knee. I have lost about 48lbs. since surgery on 3/6/08, but I see after reading other posts, I am behind.

You see, I'm way too classy for hula-hooping.

No such thing as too classy for hula hooping. Hula hooping DEFINES classiness.

I have lost about 48lbs. since surgery on 3/6/08, but I see after reading other posts, I am behind.

MSBoss, you're definitely not behind. You were banded on the same day as Fenton and I, and look at the disparity between our losses!

Every person loses weight differently, and whatever you have lost so far is a GREAT ACHIEVEMENT. 48lbs in 3 months? Would you EVER have been able to do that pre-band? NO WAY!

I used to get disheartened by other people's weightloss, and think "Why aren't I losing that much?". But then I remembered how much I have lost, and celebrated it.

So give yourself props! You're doing your best and you're achieving amazing results! :thumbup: