Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hey, BodyBugg people!

SO, break down the cost for me, would you? How much is the basic unit, how much is the watch, and how much is the web service?

The dermatologist gave me some new medication yesterday. Great news there is no fungal or bacterial infection in the rash. She says it's just an allergic reaction to either the adhesive or the betadine that they rub on your tummy for surgery. Either way, this new cream is supposed to clear it up. It will be wonderful to no longer be so dang itchy!

I'm looking forward to my fill on Tuesday. I start regular foods today. I really hope that I can soon feel like I did for about 5 days after surgery....no hunger and quick satiety....how realistic is that? DH comes home this weekend. He's been away since 6 days post-op, so it will be interesting to see if he notices I've lost anymore weight. I had lost 17 before surgery and then it's been 12 since the surgery.

I think if I add the treadmill to my routine things will move quicker and the fill will hopefully help too.

For those of you who've had fills did you feel much restriction after your first?

Christine

Hey, BodyBugg people!

SO, break down the cost for me, would you? How much is the basic unit, how much is the watch, and how much is the web service?

Here's the break down on their website....a little to rich for my blood right now.....

Purchase a bodybugg

Wow, I can't believe it's been a month already!

24 pounds gone and I feel great......

Just finished my ONE egg omelet with a T of ricotta and salsa.....

no toast, no hashbrowns, nothing else......just one egg. It's so wonderful to be able to eat like that and feel good!

HAPPY BANDIVERSARY TO ALL THE FOLKS THAT SHARED THIS MAGICAL DAY WITH ME!

1. Jalilsauntie - March 18
  2. JCT001 - March 18
  3. Jtorie - March 18
  4. Paula08 – March 18
  5. Pipes0000 - March 18th - Toronto Ontario
  6. Rkilbury - March 18 - WA
  7. Sorlminah - March 18
  8. Stepoffaith – March 18 – El Paso, TX
  9. Manda_T - March 18 - OR

HAPPY BANIDVERSARY March 18thers!!!! That’s fantastic. My date is fast approaching. Amazing – it seems like a week ago.

I really want that Body Bugg. It is ridiculously expensive, but if it will be a constant reminder and motivator for me to do the right thing, then I may invest in one for my Mother’s Day present. Those Shamrocks that already have one, please keep us posted on how it is working for you. What I would really like to know is if you think its accurate – especially when monitoring your food intake (of is it based on what you input in the computer) and your calories burned. Is it comfortable? Is it motivating you to stay on track? I mean if I had something that indicated that I had to walk one more mile this week to make my weight loss goal – I’d be in business. Is that how it works?

Has anyone else here been instructed to take medication for the liver or gall stones? I have take this stuff for six months…

Over in the Men's Room, one of the dudes posted some charts from his BodyBugg, and it was really pretty cool.

The device appeals to me, but what *doesn't* is the $100 a year charge for the web service. For some reason, that is a deal-breaker for me. The equipment is expensive as it is, but for them to charge so much money in perpetuity seems outrageous. Does the Nike + thing cost anything for the website access? I don't think it does. I could understand a nominal yearly subscription fee, say $25, but that $100 just bugs the heck out of me.

For those of you who've had fills did you feel much restriction after your first?

I just had my first fill yesterday, so of course I have no idea yet if there's any restriction -- 2 days liquids, 2 days mushies, then soft/real foods. Like Christine, I'm very interested to hear how it's going for those of you who've had a fill. I think several of us were getting fills yesterday! :)

Over in the Men's Room, one of the dudes posted some charts from his BodyBugg, and it was really pretty cool.

Fenton, This is practically begging us to go into the Men's Room-- something I try not to make a habit of. However, when I was 18, one of the execs at my job decided it was an important part of my education to see the inside of the men's room. Funny, I've NEVER been tempted since then to repeat this action, but the time may have come! :)

Whoaahhh! Slow down there, little lady! We can't have the fillies invading our masculine preserve!

Here, don't look at anything else, but go to this item, and look at post 11, where an XY has posted an image from the BodyBugg program; it's actually pretty cool:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f110/so-do-i-need-fill-how-should-i-eating-57161/

For crying out loud, if you get the urge to post, STIFLE IT! There's a sign nailed to the main tree branch that says NO GURLZ ALOUD.

Ok so here are my results from yesterday (keep in mind I work in a hospital and walk all day)

Calories burned 3424

Steps taken 14810

Exercise minutes: 1:51

There is also a trip reset button that will zero out your totals at the end of the week so you can keep a running tally.

The website is awesome, you enter the foods you've eaten however you like. I do it at the end of the day, and keep a food journal to keep track. Then plug in your body bugg to sinc with your totals and the food eaten. They also have a program for members with weight loss surgery. I have an appointment coming up with my body bugg coach that will give me some more tips

At the end of the day I can see if I need to go work out or if I'm on track for my goals. I know it's pricey but I figure I'm saving the price of the website since I've cut out fast food. The watch face can come out and go into a clip if you don't want to wear it as a watch. I would definitely suggest buying the watch so you can check the display throughout the day. Without it you can only get your totals by logging in to the computer.

Let me know if I missed any questions :)

That's pretty cool......question though.....so you have to wear that big honking thing on your arm all of the time....or can you put it on your ankle or something?

It has to be on the back of your right arm. It comes with two bands, the smaller one was too tight on my arms so I was glad to have the second one. It's really not a big as you think. It fits under my sleeves and no one even knows I have it on.

On the website, it claims to be able to calculate your calorie intake. Have you tried that? How accurate is it? That seems like voodoo science to me, considering all the different folk and their different metabolisms...

You have to enter the foods you have eaten, then it calculates the calories from there.... you can adjust the portion size as well

They do seem pretty cool.....maybe I'll get one with my tax return...

OH WAIT.....I'M NOT GETTING A TAX RETURN.....

hahahahahahahaha, sometimes I crack myself up.