Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

mindovermatter- Holy crap!!!! I don't know what else to say.

I guess out of all us march banders there have been, (ah?) 3 that have had what I would call serious stuff. Someone else had to go back to have their band refitted, and there was that rash.

Im glad you have an up beat attitude. :crying:

Edited by ajoneen

I had a rash on both of my arms this past weekend and the Dr. put me on Methylprednisolone now I'm eating like a pig . I'm hungry all the time . I hope it's just the meds.

mindovermatter- Holy crap!!!! I don't know what else to say.

I guess out of all us march banders there have been, (ah?) 3 that have had what I would call serious stuff. Someone else had to go back to had the band refitted, and there was that rash.

Im glad you have an up beat attitude. :crying:

Ditto to what AJONEEN said! We have over 268 March 2008 Bandsters from what I could put into my little link thread when I was having fun seeing what dates, cities, and user names all were Shrinking Shamrocks.

So maybe 3 complications out of 300 in our group-- 1% complications rate.

Take care. K

HI Shamrocks!

Mindovermatter - HOLY COW!!! I am self pay as well.....but, my goodness. I think I'd be afraid after all you have been through as well. Good luck with the fill. Come on back and lets us know how it goes!

Sheri - lol, my parents used to call me their tax baby. As an adult I laughed and said if I was born 12/31 I'd be their tax write off baby. I have to admit that I am happy the years our birthday is on Sunday and then the tax day is on the 16th. It's funny because I think that helps folks remember that it is my birthday. But, I have to admit that I Celebrate my birthday for at least a week. Some times the whole month! :crying:

Well fellow shamrocks, the scale did move a little down when I stepped on it today. I am close to 23 pounds down since the end of January. I am happy about that. Since I have been rather pathetic about exercise, I am starting to do that and hope that the scale moves. I honestly don't think this whole weight thing is strictly calories in and calories burned. At least, not for me! I seriously doubt that I have hit more than 1000 calories a day for almost a month. If it was calories in and calories burned, I should have lost more! I really believe my body does better on the low carb thing. I am trying to incorporate that in my liquids. (I managed to loose 100 pounds doing Atkins and kept it off for 2 years) I guess this is a learning process.

I am so looking forward to being restricted!!

By the way, what is the "Rep Power" beside our names? Anyone know???

Edited by hopeinapril

Fenton, I've been watching that series too and trying to follow his 4 Golden Rules. I truly believe that is the secret to being thin and I'm trying to incorporate it into my band lifestyle, as well. I'm also trying to get DH to follow those rules, but it just seems to go in one ear and out the other. :rolleyes2:

For people who are watching their carbs, how many carbs are you trying to stay at during the day. Mine vary and I really don't know what my target carb rate should be. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My calorie content is still averaging 500-700 calories a day and I'm on second stage of mushies where I can eat chicken, beef, pork, Peanut Butter, etc.

hi Teri, I have been doing the low carb bit.. I keep my carbs under 30 at all costs.. I aim for 20 though.. I have done well with low carb in the past so I think this will be my way to go as well:) It helps a lot too that the "forbidden" carbs such as white Pasta, and bread don't work with the band.. Just one of the many ways the band proves itself as a tool for me:)

Also congrats on your 2.8 loss! Isn't it great to see the scale move?!

Fenton- thanks for posting some of the "I can make you thin" info.. I haven't been following the show because it comes on too late for me, but have heard lots about it. The basic principles make sense.. I'll have to see if they have a website and check it out!

Mindovermatter- welcome to the March boards! It sounds like it's been a tough road for you so far:( You have come to the right place for support and strength to get through this! Best of luck to you tomorrow, and be sure to let us know how everything goes!

So fellow shrinkers!... I am so psyched to say that my scale moved this morning.. After fighting with the same 2 pounds, I am thinking that the plateau is over? *knocking on wood*

This morning marks the beginning of 4 weeks since surgery.I am down another 2.5 for a total of 22.5 since surgery and 30lbs from pre-op:) I hope I'm not in the honeymoon phase.. but boy am I loving my new pal, the band! My goal to be under 200 for my birthday, June 4, is beginning to seem realistic:) *I think I can, I think I can* lol..

It seems like everyone is doing great so far, keep up the good work! We can do this!

~Until the next time....:rolleyes2:

My body bugg arrived today! Oh my gosh it is soooo cool!! I bought the watch that goes with it. I can't wait to see how many steps I take tomorrow. The watch tells you how many calories you have burned so far today, what you burned yeterday, what your target is, and how many total calories you've burned. It also tells you the calories you have left to burn to hit your target, how many steps you've taken, a countdown time for your workout, the time, and a light.

The bugg itself will set up a workout program and even a diet to follow. They have special ones set up for those of us that have had surgery. It's going to be a huge help in my weight loss experience. If you can afford it.. get it!

thin2bme----I also do best on low carb. I keep my carbs below 30 and try to be below 20. For Protein Drink -- I use Reset. It has 22g Protein, 6 carbs, and 130 calories. I have been drinking 2 a day with just a few tablespoons or egg, refried bean, or cottage cheese. Now that [i'm up to 6 tablespoons of food per meal --I think I'll cut the protein drink to one and a half a day. Fri -- I can begin using chicken, fish, ground beef if I want. I will see how it goes on the low carb, 60g protein and 600-800 calories.

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird question that maybe someone can help me with. Last weekend I went on a 90 mph rollar coaster at Stateline, Nevada. I love rollar coasters, but this one was so rough and fast that I was seriously afraid I was going to fall out. I know I was probably really stupid for trusting the lap bar but I survived. Here is the thing: I was so tensed up and afraid that I have felt horrible physically since. I am sure it is sort of like being in a car accident or something, but the scale hasn't moved, I have been following my "mushies" and I am truly achy. My doc released me for any physical activity, so I am wondering if any of you have any ideas/knowledge. I am assuming I was just stupid and high on losing 15 pounds and thinking I was Superwoman or something, but I am interested in your thoughts.

Thanks to everyone for your honesty, encouragement, and ideas on this board. I don't get to post very often, but I read and I am grateful for all of you.

Thanks again.:)

Kerri & Rugman, thank you guys for the input into the amount of carbs you are trying to stay under. I did the low carb diet many many years ago and thought 30 was the magic number, but I wasn't sure. I know that I am getting more than 30 carbs a day now. I'm going to try and be more conscious of the carb figure now too and see what that does for me. Also, Kerri congrats on your weight loss, that is so awesome!!

I've finally gotten myself somewhat motivated to using my treadmill at least 45 minutes every other day, so the extra activity should help make my scale inch down some hopefully. My clothes are beginning to feel really loose and that's also making me feel really good about the way things are going. I'm going to get in my closet this weekend and see if I can get into any of my smaller clothes. :)

kljared- Everyone hits a plateau at some point. As to the roller-coaster, it's supposed to freak you and make you feel like you are going to fall out. You were perfectly safe. Your body doesn't know that though and yes it sometimes feels like you were in an accident. Take a Tylenol and go for a walk to stretch your muscles.

jencys- with the bodybugg do you track your diet with it or input foods into the computer and sinc with the bugg?

Have a great day Shamrocks!!:thumbup:

Happy to hear the scales are budging for many!

MoverM - wow! You've had SUCH rough ride! Hang in there - it sounds like your doctors are on top of things.

Kjlared - I think that what you're feeling is your body's unfamiliarity with stress. I suspect that a combination of air swallowing, tightening the muscles of your abdomen while you were on the ride, and the normal gastric effects of stress, plus the worry you might have done something to your precious band are what's putting you out of order. Amanda's suggestion of going for a walk and taking it easy seems like a good one to me. Give yourself timie to get over it - you didn't do anythign wrong!

Oh, and, two other things:

1. Congrats on the great weight loss

2. I LOVE roller coasters too!

Hi everyone -

First of all thank you for all your support and well wishes!

The really good news is, I met with the surgen today and he gave me my fill. He told me to relax, the incision area looks great and I should not have any more problems. He said the Infectious Desease Doc (god I hate that name) is in overkill mode at this point.

The not so good news is I gained the 5 pounds I lost right after the surgery. Really need to work on that emotional piece of this puzzle. Of course my Doctor said this was common and not to sweat it.

Mscathyl - prednisone is a killer for hunger, hopefully it will pass in a few days.

K. Podski and HopeinApril - great news on the loss. I hope to join you next week.

MoverM, Welcome to the Master Thread - and all of the other March 2008 threads. These people are truly wonderful. I do not have a support group near me (I had surgery 2.5 hours away from my home) so this is as close as I get. I actually think that this is a better support group than those that are in person because there's no face-to-face there's no feeling like you need to embellish. Here it simply is what it is. I'm glad that you are here and getting some much needed support.

Well all, I have decided that I MAY not weigh myself at home anymore. I had my post op yesterday and I had not gained back 2.5 pounds. I have actually lost another 1.something or other. So post op I'm down 17.5 lbs. YEA ME!!!

NSV - a no-nonsense, non tongue-holding, cute, tiny, petite co-worker told me that I am looking great!!!! YEA ME again!

So, no more standing on my scale up to six times in the morning until I get the same reading twice. I have a fairly new weight watchers scale so I don't think it’s the scale, I think it’s the floor not being level.

I have my next appointment on May 12th. My doctor said that he might give me my first fill then. Now I almost wish had kept my original April 7th appt - but that was my baby's recital - I could not miss that.

Ok - the sun is shining and I want to enjoy it. I have not done my walking for the day.

My body bugg arrived today! Oh my gosh it is soooo cool!! I bought the watch that goes with it. I can't wait to see how many steps I take tomorrow. The watch tells you how many calories you have burned so far today, what you burned yeterday, what your target is, and how many total calories you've burned. It also tells you the calories you have left to burn to hit your target, how many steps you've taken, a countdown time for your workout, the time, and a light.

The bugg itself will set up a workout program and even a diet to follow. They have special ones set up for those of us that have had surgery. It's going to be a huge help in my weight loss experience. If you can afford it.. get it!

Jencys mine is supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm so glad I have a fellow bandster to discuss the bugg with. Let me know how your first day goes.