Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Bratz I sorry to hear about your blues. I too was there at about 2wks out(go back a bit to read about me whining). I think there is a lot of stuff changing and you just have to let the dust settle. Once you've wrapped your head around the changes you'll be ok. I received SUPER support on this and other threads. So soak in the good vibes. So keep your chin up, and fake it til you make it.:bolt:

This is the first week that I feel great, really super. No doubts. Controlling my hunger with my food choices. I have a ton of energy. And best of all "Spring really becomes you. Your cheeks are rosy, and you're looking radiant" from a coworker.

What a difference a few lbs make. When I make goal I'm going to be a whole new person!!!

Lisa-about Water. I bring a bottle in the car with me and make sure I drink the whole thing B4 I get to my destination.

texgirl-so true about the pictures.

:confused2::confused2::confused2:Question who is using a pedometer? How many steps do you take? Im wearing mine for the first time, for the whole day, and Im at 1670 so far.

I"m using a pedometer! (aka the Poor Man's Body Bug). I've been pushing it, and am averaging between 8,000 and 9,000 steps a day. It's getting easier, and the "aerobic" minutes seem to be going up, too. Which is great, if they really are "aerobic".

I had a night of spectacular sinning tonight at a food world event. Luckily, most of the stations were serving really small dishes, so I tried everything but didn't have a huge caloric intake. INdeed, I think my date was disappointed that we didn't do a bit more marauding.

I have to say that my tastebuds, so accustomed to a diet of scrambled eggs and adulterated Slimfast shakes, were kind of stunned to rediscover things like "Crayfish a l'Americaine with Watercress Gnocchi, Cockscomb and chicken Wing en Brochette" and "Poached Surf Clam Marinated in Sweet Miso and Mustard Vinegar, with Fresh Ginger Shoots, Sesame and Yuzu Zest".

On the plus side, while I scooped up four little gift boxes of almonds coated in chocolate and then coated in gold, but gave three of them to my date for her kids. I did enjoy my five or six almonds, though!

Dang Fenton, why do you have to do that to us???? I am making your voodoo doll as we speak, and I fully intend to punish you on behalf of all of our fellow gastronomes who I am sure are cursing you and your taste buds just like I am. Now, I shall go and drink my Isopure and enjoy it, tyvm. :thumbup:

I'm sorry, it's true - who CAN resist ground pigs' hearts and livers? Particularly with chocolate...

Hi All--

I have been away a few days (work) and was catching up on all the posts.

Fenton ---ya --I know Rugman is misleading. I though of that later. I picked it in memory of a much beloved mentor who passed. BUT--he DID love foot ball and the Washington Redskins if that helps. Ha!

For everyone watching the ticker weights (as I am!) I want to let you know that I am including 20lbs that I lost before I was banded. I have actually lost 10 since. I still consider 10 lbs in 2 weeks good. Especially since it's not part of that initial weight loss we always lose so much Fluid in those first several lbs.

I'm transitioning today from Clear liquids to 2 low carb Protein shakes and 2 tablespoons of soft cheese or eggs 3 times a day (in addition to fluids and sugar free frozen pops). I figure that will be about 400-445 calories and less than 20 carbs a day. I'll keep it at that level until I can't stand it anymore and then I'll increase a bit.

My support group presents each newly banded person with a little cocktail/oyster fork. I bought a few nice sterling silver ones off of Ebay and I used 1 today. They really work very well in making me slow down and the sterling gives me a sense of opulence in the eating rather than in the amount of food.

banded 25 mar and doing great so far,never experienced any nausea and i can still burp is this normal

I'd say it's more "lucky" than "normal", mylah! Welcome aboard!

I'm liking this idea of the cocktail fork. A friend of mine is a jeweller, and makes beautiful things; I think I shall ask him to make me a special Dieting Fork.

Fenton you had me at Zazu Zest.:thumbup:

I don't drink, but a number of the chefs presented cocktails. And even if I had drunk, there was such a scrum around the bar I'd not have dared approach.

This is a lifestyle now.

Remember you aren't dieting anymore. (Diet 4 letter word BAD)

I just used the martini to give you a virtual toast. Cheers!