Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Piercings and surgery

Ive had my nipple bars and nose pierced for 7 years and theyve never come out. I dont even think my nice stud even CAN come out lol. Crap:confused2:

They gotta go. If for some bizarre reason they had to shock you alive, them suckers would fry you. I know there's other reasons too, but I only paid attention to that one.

I have nipple rings, took them out, and they went right back in when I woke up.

Nose ring, you may just have to repierce, my personal experience with them, I accidentally ripped them out twice (the spiral straightened and they fell out), and before I could put them back in, the hole grew back.

I have nose stud - had to take it out for surgery - but it went back in w/no problem and I stayed in the hospital 2 nites - my nose has been pierced for 2 yrs now..

I have a nose stud but for surgery I put in a plastic retainer. They allow those... and they make them for all the different pierced areas.

You can get plastic studs to use for your nose and nipples, they're just clear plastic bars. I had to use them once when I had an MRI.

anyone know of a good online store for those plastic retainers? my tat shop doesn't have the hoops for my cartilidge...

thanks!

btw, when i drop this wt, im SO piercing my nose. :biggrin2:

Yup the plastic retainers are definitely allowed in surgery. I took out all my earrings and tongue ring and put the plastic one in my nose and they were fine with that. They just don't want any metal in your body.

As for where to find them, most places that do piercing and sell piercing jewellery carry them up here.

Hot Topic carries retainers......I went a bought some yesterday in anticipation! Thanks for starting the thread, I was wondering about that, too!

I have a lot of things pierced also :thumbup: The only one I had to take out was my tongue ring due to the tube being down my throat. Left my nose, marylin, n others in ... thats not what everyone else is saying but thats my experience!

What about screws and plates due to an ankle repair... does that metal cause a person to have issues if they are "shocked alive?" I never thought about it until someone mentioned the metal piercings here.

Okay doctors, nurses, and meds students, what's the verdict? :thumbup:

What about screws and plates due to an ankle repair... does that metal cause a person to have issues if they are "shocked alive?" I never thought about it until someone mentioned the metal piercings here.

Okay doctors, nurses, and meds students, what's the verdict? :thumbup:

I have a screw in my ankle:huh2: and they said that shouldnt effect me in any way....