Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is my first time...be gentle. Band date March 17!!

:biggrin: Greetings from Tennessee! This is my first post to the site, I hope I am doing it right!!:smile2: My lap band journey started almost a year ago. In April of 2007 I finally got up the courage for the 2 hour drive to consult with Dr. Charles Morton in Nashville, TN. I cried when the nurse told me I would first have to visit with my PCP for 6 months in a row. I guess I was expecting this thing would happen over night. But just like the doctor said, I didn't gain this weight over night and it's not going to drop off over night. But I finished my visits with my PCP, and waited a couple of months to get back in for my pre-op consultation. I went that day expecting surgery to be several months away also, but BAM! he said March 17th!!! I couldn't believe my ears! Boy did I start getting nervous then, you know you hear some horror stories. Then I went back for lab work and all that good stuff, and he gave me my pre-op diet! Now the surgery no longer scares me--am I going to survive this DIET:eek:

But I think the diet will get me in the right frame of mind for this life changing event. And to top it off, I start a new job the very next week after my surgery. I hope I can manage it. Please everyone pray for me and wish me luck. This is going to be the start of a whole new life for me, as I am sure it has been for you all too.

Thanks so much for the welcome. I am really excited about surgery. A lady I met at my doctor's office told me about this web-site and I think it is going to be a great help in keeping up my morale

This board is a great resource. There are so many with different experiences and advice.

Just remember... the lapband system isn't rocket science. It's simple in design and was meant to be simple to use.

Listen to your health care professional. But if something doesn't seem right, or feel right... question it. Your body will let you know when things aren't what they should be.

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks Grace, the forum does sound great. My son and I walked for 13 minutes today. I guess it's the first time he and I have ever walked just for the fun of it. It wasn't a long walk, but I feel great. Getting started always seems to be the hardest part for me.

You'll be fine and you will survive the pre-op diet. I even survived 10 days of Clear liquids after I got my band.

This board is great for encouragement and support. My best advice is as soon as you are awake enough to do it, walk, rest a while, and walk some more. I had no gas pain, I think because I was up and walking so soon after surgery. I am 12 days post-op and feel great!

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Only 12 days out and already down 27 pounds, that's awesome. Thanks for the support and great advice. And God be with you on your journey!

Only 12 days out and already down 27 pounds, that's awesome. Thanks for the support and great advice. And God be with you on your journey!

I lost 13 pounds pre-op and 14 post op. I think that is pretty amazing. My clothes are already getting baggy :blushing:

Good luck on your journey.

I had my surgery 2/11. Currently down 25lbs! looking for some encouragement because the weight loss dramatically dropped this week! I knew it wouldn't happen over night but I am worried that it is because of me. constantly worried, am I eating too much, too fast, wrong foods, etc. Maybe I am suffering Post Band depression?!? LOL!

Three more days for me. I know how you feel. I never expected the 6 visits. I didn't think they would ever pass. I am not the least bit afraid. The Lord will watch over me....and you too. Good luck, and God Bless.....Regeana

I had my surgery 2/11. Currently down 25lbs! looking for some encouragement because the weight loss dramatically dropped this week! I knew it wouldn't happen over night but I am worried that it is because of me. constantly worried, am I eating too much, too fast, wrong foods, etc. Maybe I am suffering Post Band depression?!? LOL!

We all want the dramatic rapid weight loss to continue, but it just can't and won't continually. Your body has to adjust and you'll hit plateaus.

When the scale doesn't budge for a while we worry that we will fail again like other weight loss methods we've tried in the past, but the band is different.

Ask your self have you EVER before lost that much weight in that amount of time? You've lost at least two sizes in a short time!

If you are tracking your calories and Protein, then you know you're doing the right thing and after this little bump in the road the weight loss will return, most likely not as rapid as when you where on liquids only. Many people gain a few pounds after changing from liquids to solids. It's all normal.

I recently hit a plateau even though I was tracking calories and protein so I knew I was eating OK. I even gained a little over a pound and then suddenly dropped three pounds. Who knows why these things happen, they just do. The important thing is to stay on the plan and know it will be over.

As you lose more weight and get closer to goal, prepare yourself for slower weight loss. You'll weigh less and need fewer calories to maintain your new lower weight.

You've had a great start, now concentrate on your new way of eating so it becomes a life long habit. Try changing your focus on how much you lose every day or every week, to how much you lose every month.

This is just one of most likely, several bumps in the lapband road. some of the road is a lot of uphill and some of the road we coast down the hill.